Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
madhatter1

Orion M42X's Gamercard
How active is MP these days?

I played it a lot a while back, stopped shortly after Resurgence DLC was released. I'm thinking about jumping back in. How active is it now? Has gameplay changed much since back when the first MP DLC was released?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Still pretty active, have no trouble finding matches.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
If you'd bother reading anything, it's almost a completely different game. Try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I played a few matches last night and I haven't played in awhile. No problem finding matches but it would seem that people still enjoy sitting in lobbies more than actually playing. Four, five minutes and not ready yet? Fuck off.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
legreffer

legreffer's Gamercard
Still very active, I'm playing everyday and lobbies are easy to find. There's seem to have more players in Gold thanks to the new (OP) kits from the last DLC.

Here's what was added since Resurgence:
- 34 new characters
- 5 new maps
- 6 hazard version of existing maps
- At least 16 new weapons
- 1 new ennemy faction (Collector) + Dragoon (Cerberus) + Geth Bomber (Geth)
- 2 new objectives
- 1 new difficulty (Platinum)
- Challenges system with banners (pretty cool!!)
- At least 50 new gears/weapon mods/ammo types
- Weekend challenges
- A LOT of balance changes

legreffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
As others stated, it's still pretty active. Searching without many specifics (Difficulty, Enemies, etc) will always get you in a match.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
A group of us play almost every day and when we need a random to fill our team everytime.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
ShawnSig

Shawns202's Gamercard
There seems to be a few cry babies & rage quitters on ME3 multiplayer recently. I was playing a bronze match with the batarian soldier (the one with inferno grenades) and I nuked the spawns with those grenades and two of my teammates rage quitted on wave 2. I decided to check my rep and it went down quite a bit. I mean come on, who gets mad in a co-op game where everyone shares the xp & credits?

I went on the google machine and typed in this one guy's GT(one of the rage quitters) and I found his youtube channel. Then he turns out to be some 12 year old kid with stop motion lego videos and a high pitched voice.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnSig View Post
There seems to be a few cry babies & rage quitters on ME3 multiplayer recently. I was playing a bronze match with the batarian soldier (the one with inferno grenades) and I nuked the spawns with those grenades and two of my teammates rage quitted on wave 2. I decided to check my rep and it went down quite a bit. I mean come on, who gets mad in a co-op game where everyone shares the xp & credits?

I went on the google machine and typed in this one guy's GT(one of the rage quitters) and I found his youtube channel. Then he turns out to be some 12 year old kid with stop motion lego videos and a high pitched voice.
LOL....people complain about everything. Not sure why cause you equally share the xp and credits.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:

People seem to hate when they aren't first, I've had people that left on like wave 7/8 because they are in third on the leaderboard. Who cares as long as you help the team.

I've quit games but this is usually related to lag/invisible teammates/invisible enemies/glitched enemies on reactor.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #11
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:

I've gotten kicked from lobbies for having the Lone Wolf banner. It's hilarious.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #12
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I played a few matches last night and I haven't played in awhile. No problem finding matches but it would seem that people still enjoy sitting in lobbies more than actually playing. Four, five minutes and not ready yet? Fuck off.
My god at least I'm not the only one. It took me 30 minutes to find a Gold match one day, I would stay in a lobby for a max of 5 minutes before I'd quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
I've gotten kicked from lobbies for having the Lone Wolf banner. It's hilarious.
I never understand people who say this. Unless they say why on the mic, how do you know that they kicked you just because of the banner? There's so many variables that it could be.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
I never understand people who say this. Unless they say why on the mic, how do you know that they kicked you just because of the banner? There's so many variables that it could be.
Because people usually send a message asking why they got kicked. I've been kicked for having Lone Wolf banner and The Best of The Best banner, I've also been kicked for been a Krogan I sent a message asking why and they replied with "Krogan fagget"
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #14
Inebriated Jedi

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Because people usually send a message asking why they got kicked. I've been kicked for having Lone Wolf banner and The Best of The Best banner, I've also been kicked for been a Krogan I sent a message asking why and they replied with "Krogan fagget"
That's just sad. I can't understand why anyone would hate the Krogan.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
That's just sad. I can't understand why anyone would hate the Krogan.
Krogan have 4 balls. Some people don't have any (figuratively). Its unfair.

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #16
surreal_82

FXN Shadow's Gamercard
Well glad it's still active as that's one of the things I never got into with the multi... May have to give it another try if not just for the achievement for 100 percent readiness
surreal_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #17
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
Krogan have 4 balls. Some people don't have any (figuratively). Its unfair.
Plus who doesn't want a good tank on their team.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
Spanish Assault

Just did our first two platinum rounds...it was awesome.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #19
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Just did our first two platinum rounds...it was awesome.
I've done a handful myself, it's not too tough but then again we were stacked in terms of players.

With randoms? LOL no thanks.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
SageRuffin

Send a message via MSN to SageRuffin Send a message via Skype™ to SageRuffin

Devilhand Sage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
Krogan have 4 balls.
And hammers. Balls and hammers.

That's nothing. I've been kicked for "having the wrong loadout" for one of the new characters (the AIU... she's awesome, trust me).

Yes, you read that right, and I wish I was exaggerating - instead of asking me to change my gear, which would've taken all of maybe 5 seconds at most, they kicked me out the lobby.
SageRuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRuffin View Post
And hammers. Balls and hammers.

That's nothing. I've been kicked for "having the wrong loadout" for one of the new characters (the AIU... she's awesome, trust me).

Yes, you read that right, and I wish I was exaggerating - instead of asking me to change my gear, which would've taken all of maybe 5 seconds at most, they kicked me out the lobby.
Oddly enough... I don't think I've ever been kicked. For any reason. I guess I'm just too average. Not a terrible player, no bad characters or loadouts on harder difficulties, and not so awesome that people feel threatened by my presence.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #22
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Only reason I've been kicked is because I refused to ready up in a lobby with a rocket glitcher

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #23
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
I've done a handful myself, it's not too tough but then again we were stacked in terms of players.

With randoms? LOL no thanks.
yeah at the most we play with ONE random....I bet I've purchased 30 premium specter/reserves packs since the new DLC hit and have only gotten 2 DLC characters (Krogan Warlord and the guy with the arrows) and a bunch of Quarian Marksmen...I WANT a Juggernaut DAMM ITT!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #24
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
yeah at the most we play with ONE random....I bet I've purchased 30 premium specter/reserves packs since the new DLC hit and have only gotten 2 DLC characters (Krogan Warlord and the guy with the arrows) and a bunch of Quarian Marksmen...I WANT a Juggernaut DAMM ITT!!!
Exactly why I gave up on the multiplayer in the first place. After 258 hours spent according to my N7HQ, I'm guessing it would take another hundred to unlock all the new characters and weapons, probably more than that honestly. I somehow forgot about this over the weekend until I bought a few Reserve Packs only to find them completely void of any character rewards. If I had a team to rip through Platinum matches with like I did long ago it might be a different story, there's just too much work to be done again. I hate to kick the random pack dead horse again but I don't have the patience for it anymore.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
I have 3 Soldiers left to unlock, 2 of which are Geth and I WANT THEM. Fuck the Vorcha Soldier I get trolled with.

I did manage to do Platinum Reapers with randoms, got Geth left which is the fucking worst IMO.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #26
Elmotheewokking

Elmotheewokking's Gamercard
I've come back to it recently and decided not to solo this event for a change, not had to wait for a match at all and always found what I was after.
Still love the Quarian Male Infiltrator with the BW. Still owns.
Elmotheewokking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #27
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
I have 3 Soldiers left to unlock, 2 of which are Geth and I WANT THEM. Fuck the Vorcha Soldier I get trolled with.

I did manage to do Platinum Reapers with randoms, got Geth left which is the fucking worst IMO.
Collectors are the worst......the end.

Hoping to get the last 2 platinum runs done tonight.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #28
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Collectors are the worst......the end.

Hoping to get the last 2 platinum runs done tonight.
Nah, Cerberus is the worst. Freaking Dragoons!

Quote:

Old 03-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #29
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Nah, Cerberus is the worst. Freaking Dragoons!
Cerberus was a cake walk on Platinum compared the collectors....Sicons and seeker swarms are just little bitches.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #30
Inebriated Jedi

Quote:
Cerberus was a cake walk on Platinum compared the collectors....Sicons and seeker swarms are just little bitches.
I think the Geth are the worst. Hunters are SO freaking annoying on Platinum.