PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the ending?
I love it. 45 9.64%
I like it as-is. 58 12.42%
I like the indoctrination theory. 56 11.99%
I like it, but the lack of closure bothers me. 99 21.20%
I dislike it, but I may like it with some elaboration and clarification. 63 13.49%
I dislike it, and hope they make a new ending. 35 7.49%
I dislike it, and believe the indoctrination theory. 42 8.99%
I hate it. 69 14.78%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #511
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Yeah, sounds like initially, these characters were going to actually be with you on the surface. Would have been cool to have SOME variability in the final mission based on at least some of the decisions throughout the series. The appearance of a few Geth primes, some of the former squadmates that didn't die, the biotics from Grissom... just SOME consequence to actually doing these sidequests throughout the game rather than a one-size-fits-all generic ending.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #512
edgecrusherhalo

edgecrusher02's Gamercard
if you believe the indoctrination theory or think that the catalyst is lying and that synthesis is a reaper trick then this really doesnt apply, and rightfully so. and im not saying that synthesis isnt forced upon the galaxy either, but this is just how i see it and im not trying to convince anyone of anything, but i dont understand the logic in it. i dont understand why i see so many people acting like synthesis makes everyone "the same" or turns everyone into something comparable to the borg. all "intelligent" life capable of making and using advanced technology and developing the ability to go into space on this planet of earth in real life right now... is already the same. we are all human, we all have the same genetic make up. individuality lives in the mind. it is made through how each unique mind perceives its surroundings and events in its life as it develops and ages. it is molded through its experiences in its life. it is not just a certain way because of its genetic make up. if synthesis is chosen, in the final cutscene of the crew getting off the ship the species still even look the same too. humans still look human, asari still look asari, turians still look turian, and so on. i can definitely see how some might see it as the lesser of 3 evils in a way, myself somewhat included, but i do not think it is anything comparable to the borg or anything like that.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #513
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So I just finished another complete series play through. After my first time through and finishing I was pretty open to the Indoctrination theories floating about out there and was able to see the logic in that as a possibility. This time around I really payed more attention to the possibilities of the indoctrination theory and I just can't buy it.

Perhaps I could buy it after the confrontation with the Illusive Man. When Shepard sort of passes out and then is mysteriously lifted up on the white light elevator platform. Everything is a little weird with the starchild. They turn the choices around and make is seem as though the control and destruction choices are flipped and pretty morally ambiguous. Even then is appears that the starchild is attempting to sway or trick Shepard towards indoctrination rather than him actually being indoctrinated at that point. There really isn't any solid evidence up to that point to support the indoctrination theory. The nightmares are just that, Shepard's emotions and loss up to that point manifesting into nightmares. The Biggest evidence against indoctrination before earth or the citadel is the Prothean VI's ability to detect indoctrination and talking about the cerberus people and not Shepard when he talking to it on Thessian and at the Illusive Man's base.

As far as the minor costume changes after Harbinger lasers the group in London. That kind of thing has been present in the series from game one. A lot of the cut scenes have had my character holding a M8 Avenger Assault Rifle. I never once used that weapon in the entirety of my series play through. So the fact that Shepard is wearing fragments of N7 Armour after the blast rather than what your character might have actually been wearing is pretty much par for the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
This used to bother me more than it does now. First off, he didn't leave via the mass relay. The relays are instantaneous. He's fleeing using traditional FTL, not the relay system. Also, I think if I saw a giant goddamned explosion heading my way, my first thought would be "I should run like hell, because I'm going to die if I stay here."

Maybe this isn't what happened at all, though. They REALLY shouldn't have just shown us absolutely nothing about why joker was leaving. They REALLY shouldn't have left out almost every single event that fans might care about, either. I'm worried that the 'extended cut' is going to leave out most of the same stuff and mostly elaborate on crap that people don't care about, but we'll see.
The Normandy is definitely in Mass Relay flight at the end there. It looks the same as the other cut scenes in the game when the Normandy is travelling via Mass Relay, most notably when the Normandy leads the attack groups to Earth. at the start of the mission.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #514
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I was perfectly fine with the ending.. you're left with an impossible choice and the ending isn't your 'classic hollywood narrative' where the hero walks away into the sunset. I consider this to be more a tragedy ending where sacrifices must be made. And that's what Shepard has been all about, making sacrifices to get the job done.
Some had mentioned destroying all the synthetics also destroys the Geth (which may also doom the Quarians), again it's not supposed to be an easy choice. The ME series has always been about making the tough decisions and I personally feel this ending(s) embodies that.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #515
Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSoth View Post
The Normandy is definitely in Mass Relay flight at the end there. It looks the same as the other cut scenes in the game when the Normandy is travelling via Mass Relay, most notably when the Normandy leads the attack groups to Earth. at the start of the mission.
No. At least according to the codex entries, the mass relays are instantaneous. Other scenes depict the Normandy using standard FTL travel. The scene looks pretty much identical to traveling between stars in the same system in ME1, which doesn't involve the relays.

The relay in our system is the Charon relay, right next to Pluto. Arriving at Earth utilized traditional FTL, so if the scene you're talking about is the one where the fleet arrives over Earth, you're not talking about a scene depicting the use of the relays.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #516
DarthSoth

Quote:
No. At least according to the codex entries, the mass relays are instantaneous. Other scenes depict the Normandy using standard FTL travel. The scene looks pretty much identical to traveling between stars in the same system in ME1, which doesn't involve the relays.

The relay in our system is the Charon relay, right next to Pluto. Arriving at Earth utilized traditional FTL, so if the scene you're talking about is the one where the fleet arrives over Earth, you're not talking about a scene depicting the use of the relays.
No, I am talking about when the fleet all arrives in the Sol system to begin the assault on Earth. The cut scene where they all arrive at the Sol Mass relay, there is a shot of the Normandy sliding up right next to the Relay first and it is near identical to the way it looks when Joker is outrunning the shockwave. I JUST watched it again to compare the two.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:19 AM   #517
Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
No, I am talking about when the fleet all arrives in the Sol system to begin the assault on Earth. The cut scene where they all arrive at the Sol Mass relay, there is a shot of the Normandy sliding up right next to the Relay first and it is near identical to the way it looks when Joker is outrunning the shockwave. I JUST watched it again to compare the two.
Found a youtube video that depicts the scene where you return to Earth. The only thing that sounds like what you describe is a loading screen.

If you meant something besides the loading screen, can you say what time it's at?

I'm not going to take the loading screen as canon over the codex entries. Since the codex entries in all 3 games say that the mass relays are instantaneous, I still maintain that Joker didn't access the relay at all.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #518
DarthSoth

Quote:
Found a youtube video that depicts the scene where you return to Earth. The only thing that sounds like what you describe is a loading screen.

Mass Effect 3 - Returning to Earth

If you meant something besides the loading screen, can you say what time it's at?

I'm not going to take the loading screen as canon over the codex entries. Since the codex entries in all 3 games say that the mass relays are instantaneous, I still maintain that Joker didn't access the relay at all.

Now that I go back and re-read the FTL description in the secondary codex it does fit the events of the normandy being ripped out of FTL travel. So it does appear that you are correct.

However it is obvious that it isn't quite instantaneous since Joker states that they will be arriving through the Sol Relay in 30 seconds. There are multiple other examples of the Mass Relays not being instantaneous throughout the series as they are left with time to kill as they are travelling to certain scripted locations in the games. And the Crucible shooting through the Relays is clearly shown travelling from relay to relay and not just blinking from one to the other etc. It is fast for sure, but instantaneous isn't the correct description of what they consistently show in the games.

As with almost everything else in the ending though it is still poorly represented and leaves the question of how the shockwave shot through the mass relays effects the Normandy like that if it isn't going through the relay. Maybe Joker is just so good that he sees that Shepard got it working and fired and instantly puts the Normandy into FTL travel mid battle. Why aren't any other ships seen leaving then? Granted not a lot would just fuck off mid battle like that but surely SOME other non military or non human ships would run if the Normandy did wouldn't they? Chances are the Normandy (and any other ships that ran) would have had a better chance of survival if they waited a bit before FTL'ing away. If they left after all was said and done then they would actually get where they were headed eventually rather than getting ripped out of transit.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #519
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
I was perfectly fine with the ending.. you're left with an impossible choice and the ending isn't your 'classic hollywood narrative' where the hero walks away into the sunset. I consider this to be more a tragedy ending where sacrifices must be made. And that's what Shepard has been all about, making sacrifices to get the job done.
Some had mentioned destroying all the synthetics also destroys the Geth (which may also doom the Quarians), again it's not supposed to be an easy choice. The ME series has always been about making the tough decisions and I personally feel this ending(s) embodies that.
It's not about Shepard dying. It is about the fact that each "ending" is the same but with a different color and we get next to no closure on what happens afterwards and how our decisions impacts the future of Mass Effect. Also the ending breaks lore and we don't get an explanation as to why other than "artistic integrity".
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #520
jkthunder

jkthunder's Gamercard
Still kind of undecided about the ending(s??) - which is basically saying I didn't love it. It is certainly open ended, and that makes it seem like they didn't really know how to end it. It brings up some interesting thinking about what it means, but the fact that you can't read the storyteller's intentions in it is just bad storytelling. To me, being a long-time Mass Effect fan, it just compounds the idea that Bioware has succumbed to the evil empire that is EA, and opted to throw a lot of the effort into the multiplayer component and other money-making endeavors (don't even want to get started on the iOS debacle), then they just prettied up the SP game with a crap-ton of cinematics which makes the game barely playable (not to mention completely screwing the SP game otherwise)... so yeah - there's much more about the entire package to dislike for me, and after that the ending seems more like salt in the wound. I might have been more ok with such an ambiguous ending if it didn't seem like the fan base were cast aside for the rest of the game.
jkthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #521
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
So after 50-odd hours of playing through the entire SP campaign, that's what I get? I had read about fans' disappointment regarding the ending but thought to myself "almost certainly an over-reaction". Sadly not.

The warning signs are during the final mission on Earth. Boy, is it monotonous. Having finally finished it, at least I won't need to deal with another Marauder or Cannibal. And after all that effort, you end up with a crazy run for "the beam", get zipped up the Citadel and then sit through a dull 30 minute cut scene which delivers the worst ending to pretty much anything I've ever seen.

Bioware frequently touted that all of your actions added together would define different endings...this is nothing short of an outright lie. The endings are all the same, your war assets and preparedness make no difference whatsoever (apart from Earth surviving or not) and after the monumental effort put in to saving the krogan, geth, quarians, etc. you are left with the idea that much of this has been wiped out by the relays going nova, including the allied fleet that you had painstakingly put together....not to mention the millions on the Citadel who you have saved more than once during the series.

To have a series of games I had enjoyed so much end this way, with no option of surviving, returning to a hero's welcome, etc. is hopeless (even the ending that sees Shepard apparently take a breath at the end means little as he has no way of getting off the Citadel!). Games are about winning, and in ME you make plenty of choices that can influence future events. You can carefully take these choices all the way through the game just to find Bioware then force an ending on to you that matches their creative and "artistic" vision. So much for choice, then.

The indoctrination theories are not particularly sound, in my opinion. They falter in too many places throughout the series but I can understand why people hang on to them as they do offer some comfort about the final scenes.

Even Cerberus and the Illusive Man go out with a whimper! What a waste of time.

I haven't finished any of the games on Insanity yet, I was saving it up for one run-through once finished, but I highly doubt I'll bother now. I loved the Mass Effect universe but as Bioware have pretty much destroyed it at the end of the game I won't be bothering with any further games they bring out. I don't understand the logic of putting so much effort into crafting a rich and detailed game universe, just to mostly obliterate it at the end of the third game? The talk by one of the developers of "keep those saves, people" is just more Bioware nonsense designed to keep fans on the hook.

I accept that Bioware made the game and they can damn well finish it however they like. But equally, I don't have to agree with it, and I'm so massively disappointed by what they've done that I shan't be bothering with DLC (even the announced extra ending stuff holds no appeal) or anything else they attempt. At the end of the day, I've paid my money for the games and that's the important thing for Bioware/EA so they've succeeded. But I'm done with Mass Effect....bye!

Bearing in mind the first game was published by Microsoft, I wonder if they heard how Bioware were going to end the series (assuming they knew then, of course, highly unlikely) and thought "whoa, people hate us enough already without that, someone pass this on to EA, quick!".

I would never normally hate on a game like this, but Mass Effect is unique for me (and no doubt, many others) as I've poured hours upon hours into it, made lots of careful decisions to suit my character and my crew and found at the end it was all for nothing. And that's a shame.

P.S. Sorry for rambling and ranting, I just really needed to get that all off my chest. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far

100% Complete Retail: 12 Arcade: 22
90%+ Complete Retail: 27 Arcade: 5
75%+ Complete Retail: 29 Arcade: 11

PSN ID: SNAKES-774
x SNAKE5 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #522
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
^^^this is just a shot in the dark...buuuuuut well, so..you didnt care for the ending? LOL
Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #523
Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x SNAKE5 x View Post
*snip part of rant*
Bioware frequently touted that all of your actions added together would define different endings...this is nothing short of an outright lie. The endings are all the same, your war assets and preparedness make no difference whatsoever (apart from Earth surviving or not) and after the monumental effort put in to saving the krogan, geth, quarians, etc. you are left with the idea that much of this has been wiped out by the relays going nova, including the allied fleet that you had painstakingly put together....not to mention the millions on the Citadel who you have saved more than once during the series.
*snip more of rant*
I'm pretty sure the devs have stated, at this point, that the visual at the end was supposed to show that the catalyst's energy or whatever the fuck it was was spread throughout the entire galaxy, not that the relays were going nova like they did in Arrival.

Pretty sure everyone on the Citadel's still totally dead, though. I mean, if they weren't, I don't think they'd even need Shepard to open the arms. For some reason, the aspect of that that makes me the saddest is the couple from Citadel: Family Matter, the two arguing over whether to get gene therapy for the kid she's pregnant with to prevent a potentially lethal congenital defect that killed the kid's father.

You hear them arguing again in ME2, and again in ME3, where you can tell them that they should do whatever they need to for their family soon, because the Reaper war is pretty bad. Kid's 2 at that point. Not a chance in hell that he's alive.

But yeah, the relays didn't go nova. A shitload of people are still dead, and they tell you absolutely nothing about what happens after your decision, but you didn't wipe out the homeworld of basically every species you ever meet (which would include Earth; Charon is close enough that a supernova at that distance would literally destroy the planet). Don't know why they didn't have the common courtesy to explain this. This better be among the many, many, many things they need to clear up with this "Extended Cut" DLC.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #524
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
Quote:
But yeah, the relays didn't go nova. A shitload of people are still dead, and they tell you absolutely nothing about what happens after your decision, but you didn't wipe out the homeworld of basically every species you ever meet (which would include Earth; Charon is close enough that a supernova at that distance would literally destroy the planet). Don't know why they didn't have the common courtesy to explain this. This better be among the many, many, many things they need to clear up with this "Extended Cut" DLC.
Yeah, but even thought the relays didn't go Nova, they still created an explosion strong enought to partly destroy a ship in midflight, so I still belive that most of the ships in earth orbit got hit/destroyed and then probably fell to earth. good luck with that... You can kiss earth good by after all... But hey, maybe they explain it all in the Extended Cut, we'll see

Last edited by headdragon; 05-04-2012 at 08:35 AM.
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #525
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
^^^this is just a shot in the dark...buuuuuut well, so..you didnt care for the ending? LOL
LOL, something like that...

Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #526
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the devs have stated, at this point, that the visual at the end was supposed to show that the catalyst's energy or whatever the fuck it was was spread throughout the entire galaxy, not that the relays were going nova like they did in Arrival.

Pretty sure everyone on the Citadel's still totally dead, though. I mean, if they weren't, I don't think they'd even need Shepard to open the arms. For some reason, the aspect of that that makes me the saddest is the couple from Citadel: Family Matter, the two arguing over whether to get gene therapy for the kid she's pregnant with to prevent a potentially lethal congenital defect that killed the kid's father.

You hear them arguing again in ME2, and again in ME3, where you can tell them that they should do whatever they need to for their family soon, because the Reaper war is pretty bad. Kid's 2 at that point. Not a chance in hell that he's alive.

I don't blame you for snipping the rant, looking back, it goes on a bit

From the very start of the Earth section, I was unhappy with the use of the Citadel as part of the finale AGAIN, and worse was the fact that after spending hours helping people out on the station during ME3, let alone the two games before (i.e. Family Matter, and what about Bailey et al?), it was all for nothing. Unless somehow the Citadel was evacuated before the reapers took it....but then, we don't know as Bioware couldn't be bothered to tell us.

I think you're right about the relays, but it still leaves the established ME universe in the crapper, and having thought about it further it looks an awful lots like Bioware saying they are done with Mass Effect.

It is still, and always will be, a mess of an ending, making little sense and totally undermining all that was good before it. Why do you see Liara at the end regardless of who you had a relationship with in the game(s)? How are some/all of your crew on the Normandy? How do they somehow survive the destructive wave and land on a distant planet? How will the aliens in your crew survive there? After all you've done for Wrex (assuming he survived ME1), he's either stuck on Earth/on the planet with the Normandy/dead. EDI could have been killed by your choice, same as the geth.

How the hell can Bioware spend so much timing making you care for Shepard and his crew and then just throw them all away at the end? It's a shameful thing to do.

It's almost looks like someone else wrote the last hour of the game. Utterly bizarre and completely idiotic (it's fair to say I'm still not over it, but then it's only been a couple of days).

Old 05-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #527
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by headdragon View Post
Yeah, but even thought the relays didn't go Nova, they still created an explosion strong enought to partly destroy a ship in midflight, so I still belive that most of the ships in earth orbit got hit/destroyed and then probably fell to earth. good luck with that... You can kiss earth good by after all... But hey, maybe they explain it all in the Extended Cut, we'll see
Yep, it looks that way. Glad I bothered with readiness and war assets.

Wankers.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #528
DarthSoth

I'd rather my whole team dies to kill/control/synthesize the reapers that to just basically screw the vast majority of the galaxy no matter what. Busting your hump to bring the Geth and the Quarian together only to wipe out the Geth anyway if you choose to kill the reapers is just fucking lame.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #529
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'd rather my whole team dies to kill/control/synthesize the reapers that to just basically screw the vast majority of the galaxy no matter what. Busting your hump to bring the Geth and the Quarian together only to wipe out the Geth anyway if you choose to kill the reapers is just fucking lame.
I agree with that.

"Oh hey you just became friends that's cool but you have to die now"

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #530
Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
I agree with that.

"Oh hey you just became friends that's cool but you have to die now"
Only if you choose to kill them. Not the same as necessity.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #531
Starwind

DannyJ147's Gamercard
Ok literally just finished and I for one chose the synthesis ending as(although lackluster) the galaxy was already heading that way what with Shepard being half sythetic already, everyone in the galaxy already having synthetic implants and voluntary quarians allowing the geth to intergrate into their suits. It just made the most sense to me personally to try and save everyone and remove the Reapers. But on another note when Joker got out of the Normandy why was he still limping? Shouldn't the new synthesized DNA(supposed perfection) have cured his Vrolicks syndrome? And all the Relays being destoyed means that everyone is now straded where they are seems to be the only drawback. And finally Marauder shields was a bastard.
Starwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #532
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind View Post
voluntary quarians allowing the geth to intergrate into their suits.
Geth are just software so when they join the suit they are just adjusting it to simulate colds to help them adapt.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #533
Starwind

DannyJ147's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
Geth are just software so when they join the suit they are just adjusting it to simulate colds to help them adapt.
And you think it would really stop there?(Although obviously this is all hypothetical)
Starwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #534
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Quote:
Busting your hump to bring the Geth and the Quarian together only to wipe out the Geth anyway if you choose to kill the reapers is just fucking lame.
Agreed....I was so pleased to have ended the quarian/geth war and they were getting along - bearing in mind this was only possible if you had made careful decision going right back to ME2.

Why didn't Shepard use this as an example of Organic/Synthetic co-operation when talking to the starchild? Or perhaps mention EDI? Instead, he just mumbles "I don't know" and bends over.

I appreciate he's a bit beaten up by that point, but having struggled against the reapers for so long I was expecting more of a fight. Unless he was indoctrinated/dreaming the whole thing and Bioware have the greatest ending in video game history ready as DLC. OK, maybe not.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #535
L3G1T H4MST3R

xMyLittlePonyZ's Gamercard
I might of just missed it (probably did to be honest) but where did Shepard get the gun from when he goes up to Starchild. From what I seen Shepard drops the gun when he/she sits next to Anderson and if not there when he/she faints. He/she has one hand on his/her stomach and the other reaching out for the control panel then he/she faints. Or is Shepard that badass that he/she can pull a gun out of thier ass.
L3G1T H4MST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #536
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3G1T H4MST3R View Post
I might of just missed it (probably did to be honest) but where did Shepard get the gun from when he goes up to Starchild. From what I seen Shepard drops the gun when he/she sits next to Anderson and if not there when he/she faints. He/she has one hand on his/her stomach and the other reaching out for the control panel then he/she faints. Or is Shepard that badass that he/she can pull a gun out of thier ass.
Considering Shepard always uses a Predator for cut scenes and I never bought/used a Canifex when I played, I will just assume *SPACE MAGIC*.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #537
DEG23
Второй акт

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
Considering Shepard always uses a Predator for cut scenes and I never bought/used a Canifex when I played, I will just assume *SPACE MAGIC*.
I had a bad case of SPACE MAGIC throughout my entire playthrough, but for me it was the Avenger.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #538
BrenteusMaximus

BrenteusMaximus's Gamercard
I haven't scanned all the pages here so I hope this hasn't been mentioned, but was anyone else a little creeped out by the Keeper just going about its business, presumably processing corpses, in the citadel's body dump room?

As for my two cents on the ending, it was a let down for me. I honestly do hope that this was a false ending/fight to de-indoctrinate because it was just so anti-climactic and nonsensical. The Normandy ftl jump and subsequent crash landing, the AI, the choices you made leading to absolutely nothing... plus it had so many loose ends i checked the credits to see if the battlestar galactica writers had a hand in the story.

BrenteusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #539
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrenteusMaximus View Post
I haven't scanned all the pages here so I hope this hasn't been mentioned, but was anyone else a little creeped out by the Keeper just going about its business, presumably processing corpses, in the citadel's body dump room?

As for my two cents on the ending, it was a let down for me. I honestly do hope that this was a false ending/fight to de-indoctrinate because it was just so anti-climactic and nonsensical. The Normandy ftl jump and subsequent crash landing, the AI, the choices you made leading to absolutely nothing... plus it had so many loose ends i checked the credits to see if the battlestar galactica writers had a hand in the story.
I wanted to shoot the keeper (can't remember if Shepard had a gun at that point or not), but this being the end of ME3, any choice on my part was strictly forbidden

If it was a 'false' ending and a kick-ass piece of DLC with the most epic ending to a series in gaming history comes about in the summer....that would be good, to an extent. But I think even if that does happen (unlikely), too much damage has been done with the crud that currently appears at the end of ME3 and if Bioware thought they were being clever it has already massively backfired on them.

As for Battlestar Galactica....good point!

Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #540
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x SNAKE5 x View Post
I wanted to shoot the keeper (can't remember if Shepard had a gun at that point or not), but this being the end of ME3, any choice on my part was strictly forbidden
You have a gun, but shooting it is like shooting a wall, it doesn't react at all.

Oh I may as well post this for anybody that's trying to follow the news. Bioware has been calling voice actors back in, the actors for EDI and Kaiden are already recording. Fans are keeping an eye out for media confirmation of other key characters to gauge what to expect, here's an exert from the article:

Quote:
Fans on the Bioware forums are entering with cautious optimism and keeping an eye out for announcements that people like Keith Szarabajka, the voice of Harbinger, as a sign that the Mass Effect 3 ending DLC will actually be able to fix the ending.

Alternatively, some Hawaiian fans, two GameStop employees that wish to remain nameless to protect their jobs, are keeping an eye out for the child actor that provides the primary voice for the Catalyst instead, as that will mean the Bioware employees missed the mark entirely on what was wrong with the original ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 05-08-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote