PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the ending?
I love it. 43 9.31%
I like it as-is. 58 12.55%
I like the indoctrination theory. 56 12.12%
I like it, but the lack of closure bothers me. 99 21.43%
I dislike it, but I may like it with some elaboration and clarification. 62 13.42%
I dislike it, and hope they make a new ending. 35 7.58%
I dislike it, and believe the indoctrination theory. 42 9.09%
I hate it. 67 14.50%
Voters: 462. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 AM   #61
Eticketjedi

EticketJedi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
In every ending but the destruction ending, the Reapers and their knowledge are still around in some form. They created the mass relays once, so it's unlikely that they wouldn't know how to build more. Since they're already in damned near every part of the galaxy, I think they could set another mass relay network up.
While that may be true. 1) It would take hundreds of years most likely 2) like the article linked above points out, destroying a relay creates an explosion akin to a supernova. So, there aren't too many hospitable systems left anyway. lol

Quote:
As for the citadel, I'm 100% sure that everyone on there was dead long before Shepard arrived. You don't encounter any enemies, but right when you teleport in, there's a notable presence of death, mainly in the form of a pile of corpses right where you show up. Pretty sure everyone inside was already kinda slaughtered, which is pretty damned sad when you consider how many people that is.

They made it pretty clear the bodies were from the humans warped up in the beam. Anderson or Coats said they had been sending people up for a long time. I'm not saying that everyone wasn't dead though. It's hard to say since you were just in inaccessible areas the whole time.
Eticketjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #62
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
[QUOTE=ShinMasaki;4961280]Well, yeah...FTL is a common thing. If you read the in-game info on eezo (element zero) it talks about how FTL was achieved with the discovery of eezo on Mars. The Mass Relays work by connecting two points in the universe, they work on a different scale than FTL drive. You think that exploring different galaxies in the game with a non-FTL drive would be possible timeline wise? Galaxies (Horsehead Nebula, Exodus Cluster, etc) are lightyears apart, it's not something you could just drive to and expect to be there in time to save the day.

"My theory is that the battle of Earth was lost" The Battle for Earth wasn't lost it was over. If you got the destroyed ending then you see the reapers in space getting destroyed as well as the ones on Earth.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #63
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Those who keep complaining about the Catalyst saying that it created Reapers to kill Organics so synthetics don't kill Organics. Its not a stupid. The Catalyst didn't create the Reapers to flat out kill all organic life. They were created to enslave and harvest organics that were higly evolved and advance, turning them into hybrids of organics and synthetics. The Catalyst felt this was the only solution to save organics from the fate of being killed off by their own synthetic creations. It felt all Organics were doomed to fail. It was a fate organics were suffering before the reapers came into being. The Catalyst, which is just an A.I. not some God Child or Magic thing, does not view things as an organic being would so it makes sense an A.I. would come up with a plan like that. It is no different than Robots revolting against Humanity and enslaving them to save them from destroying themselves and their own world as seen in sci-fi movies. They are just misguided in their attempts to save lives.

Hell I'm sure even an intelligent Organic species would think of doing something similar if desperate enough. Bioware did

Shepard in the end proved the Catalyst it was wrong about Organics as he united the galaxy and made it all the way to the Citadel. Shepard has changed the views of countless other species, hell he got the Geth(Synthetics) on his side. So its safe to say that he can cause a misguided, deluded A.I. to view things differently, "change its priorities" and give him the option/power to decided the fate of the Reapers and the galaxy.

That being said I liked the ending, the whole Catalyst thing, sacrificing the Relays and such, but a little more back story on the Catalyst, more detail so as not to confuse anyone and some damn closure would have been great. Bioware would have still achieved an ending that would have everyone talking. Oh and where did the Catalyst come from people ask, it is an A.I. so it was obviously created by a species that is now extinct.

Last edited by Bajan Elite; 03-20-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #64
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
He talks about imposing order on the evolution of organic life, gives the "each a nation" line, but Sovereign gives no reason for what they do. He even says that they weren't created, that they've always existed. This statement is impossible, so he's either lying, or Sovereign doesn't have a full grasp on the nature of its own existence. Either way, it has no reason to give Shepard information on what its true motives are.

Seriously, you don't have to post the whole conversation, but I've gone through that conversation multiple times, and I don't know specifically what you regard as contradicting what the Catalyst says. I'm not psychic, so I don't know what it is you're thinking about. I can't argue with points you don't bother making

As for the citadel, I'm 100% sure that everyone on there was dead long before Shepard arrived. You don't encounter any enemies, but right when you teleport in, there's a notable presence of death, mainly in the form of a pile of corpses right where you show up. Pretty sure everyone inside was already kinda slaughtered, which is pretty damned sad when you consider how many people that is.

That was the point I was trying to make. Everything the Catalyst says contradicts everything Sovereign says. Why would Sovereign lie just for us to not find out until two games later? Do you really think Bioware was thinking that far ahead?? If so, you give them too much credit.

They were going to go with the dark space theme and changed course during the later stages of development. That is clearly why there are so many plot inconsistencies and why the ending is so out of place with everything else that led up to it. They simply didn't put in the time to go back and make all of their new ideas gel with the old ones. That is where they messed up.

As far as the bodies in the Citadel are concerned......did you not notice that they all had doll-like faces? If you have a save during the end, go back through that part again and take a close look at those 'bodies'.

I am not saying I think that we were indoctrinated or not, because I don't know for sure (and I think that also gives Bioware too much credit, given all of the other inconsistencies) but there is definitely something very odd and out of place with a lot of stuff in the ending.....whether it is lazy, incoherent writing and/or programming or they actually have something up their sleeve. One thing is for sure, though.....dead bodies aren't supposed to look like mannequins.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #65
FSK BigHurt

FSK BigHurt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinMasaki View Post
My theory is that the battle of Earth was lost and the Normandy was running, hit the Mass Relay and jumped, but the explosion and the after effect from the Citadel, the one where it killed all the Mass Relays caught up to the Normandy and threw them out of jump space and back into regular space. You can see as the Normandy is flying that space behind it is opening into regular space. The Normandy didn't outrun the shockwave and was thrown into regular space as the Mass Relay network shut down.
Soo.. Joker was a traitor and jumped away. But that still doesn't explain how the rest of your team is on board. Did they call Joker to beam them up? Maybe the developers of ME3 thought that this was a Star Trek game. It could happen as they seem to overlook the things they did in ME and ME2. Like blowing up a ME-relay destroys the entire system etc.

And, if BioWare knew that they would release "the real" ending in a DLC, why in the name of all that is holy didn't the game end with a "to be continued" and not "Shepard is now a legend for blowing up the galaxy, please buy our sucky multiplayer dlc".

My blog:
Insert Coin
FSK BigHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #66
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
Crazy, huh? Damn people with their own opinions and points of view that differ from others
Yes its crazy to think its acceptable that any dev/publisher would make you buy the real ending to a game via DLC.
You might aswell just bend over for them right now.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #67
three15

I really don't get what peoples problem is with the ending, but then as i play it as a game and don't take it all in so much, maybe i'm not as invested in it than others.

I've heard there are lots of endings but all the ones i've seen seem the same to me. I was given the choice to control or kill the reapers, i chose to kill them and watched the Normandy and Joker engulfed by flames and then 'someone' emerge from the Normandy. After the titles an old man and young boy are talking about the events and the boy calls the old man Dr Shepard.
three15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #68
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eticketjedi View Post
While that may be true. 1) It would take hundreds of years most likely 2) like the article linked above points out, destroying a relay creates an explosion akin to a supernova. So, there aren't too many hospitable systems left anyway. lol
Eh. I don't buy that either. There's a difference between blowing a building up in a terrorist attack and controlled demolitions. There's a difference between activating a nuclear bomb and just strapping some TNT to it and setting that off. Given that the energy released would be akin to a supernova explosion, that there are any endings in which the Earth isn't obliterated entirely (indicated by Shepard taking a breath), it's safe to assume that the manner in which they were destroyed didn't have the same effect as when you crashed an asteroid into one of the damned things.

Point being, in most cases, the way in which something's destroyed affects how much collateral damage there will be. No reason that wouldn't be the case with the mass relays as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
That was the point I was trying to make. Everything the Catalyst says contradicts everything Sovereign says.
Can you please clarify? The only thing that seems clearly contradictory to me is the "we have no beginning" claim, which is clearly absolutely impossible. There's no way that this statement isn't wrong. This does indicate that Sovereign is either being dishonest, or doesn't fully understand its own existence, its own origins.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #69
Interfector DEI

interfector dei's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by three15 View Post
I really don't get what peoples problem is with the ending, but then as i play it as a game and don't take it all in so much, maybe i'm not as invested in it than others.

I've heard there are lots of endings but all the ones i've seen seem the same to me. I was given the choice to control or kill the reapers, i chose to kill them and watched the Normandy and Joker engulfed by flames and then 'someone' emerge from the Normandy. After the titles an old man and young boy are talking about the events and the boy calls the old man Dr Shepard.
Ive seen all three ending and dont have a problem with them they just seem like a set up for the future of the universe without having reapers. Ive never heard the boy call him Dr.Shepard only say grandpa tell me stories about The Shepard. Which imo just proves the ending is more of a set up for the franchises future much like the DA2 one by making Shepard an ambiguous legend for the next one so he wont be called him or her just The Shepard so everyone can be happy with the cannon.
Interfector DEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #70
V4Vodka

V4Vodka's Gamercard
I think the ending has it's place in Mass Effect lore, but I'm disappointed that the 3 endings we have are the only choices given. There should have been a possible ending where shepard becomes indoctrinated and betrays his allies as well as one where he refuses the choices given to him. In those cases, the fleets fight it out with the reapers with or without Shepard's help. Ideally those two endings would show all of your allies fighting and reflect the decisions you made in game and their success or failure would hinge on who survived and the military strength (as well as make for some good cinematics).
V4Vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #71
xxthegodofwarx

Send a message via AIM to xxthegodofwarx

brian pumpher's Gamercard
i just beat the game,i heard the ending was bad but i had no idea it was gonna be like that,what a waste of a great trilogy to end it like that ...
i really hope they release some thing like"the truth" dlc cus that was a crappy ending at least show what happens with the crew ...show anything ..
it just a cheap way to finish off this game

xxthegodofwarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #72
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

The ending is absolute garbage. So much so that now, a week after experiencing it, It just makes me laugh. Like Seriously just laugh. Sitting in my Chair Laughing out loud like a senile old person.

Bioware Really thought this was a good "Ending"? Really? They Really thought that this was a good way to end the Greatest Gaming Trilogy ever made? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Just a random thought.

Why would the "Guardian" Space Magic AI kid let Shepard Waltz in and Destroy his Creations(The Reapers), and himself? Not a very good Guardian if you ask me.

Answer: He wouldn't. Yet another thing thats retarded about the ending. Or another thing hinting that Shepard really was being manipulated by Harbinger.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan

Last edited by ZingZitang; 03-21-2012 at 03:35 PM.
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #73
Giptuc

Giptuc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthegodofwarx View Post
i just beat the game,i heard the ending was bad but i had no idea it was gonna be like that,what a waste of a great trilogy to end it like that ...
i really hope they release some thing like"the truth" dlc cus that was a crappy ending at least show what happens with the crew ...show anything ..
it just a cheap way to finish off this game

I really agree... To me, and like so many other people, the game just fell apart after the scene where your running for the Conduit through Harbingers beams.

First off, I took Ashley and Garrus with me on that mission... always did for every mission in ME1, Garrus was always with me on ME2, and so i kept up with that on ME3... After your get nearly obliterated by the beam, you hear the Major saying that everyone was decimated by the reapers, and you can clearly see that. So why... and who was responsible for doing that STUPID end cutscene with the Normandy trying to escape the blast that resulted in Garrus and Ashley walking off the Normandy on some random planet WITHOUT A SCRATCH? Thats just cheap shoddy writing at its best.

Secondly, The catalyst... There is absolutely no backstory or background information as to what it is, where it came from or how long its been around. You expect me to just play this EPIC trilogy and get to the end, and have some space AI show up in the form of a kid and tell me its the Catalyst?

Honestly when that happened i was literally sitting there, said "Bullshit", and just didnt give a shit about what ending i chose after that. There is no information given about how the Reapers began other then "I created them". Created them from what? Did a random little space AI wipe out the first timeline of aliens and turn them into reapers?

As well as this, there is NO closure on everything else that happens. BioWare makes you make all these incredibly hard choices, make the largest army you have ever seen and then throws an ending where none of that matters and you just have 3 preset endings regardless of what you did? What about the rest of my team? What about Wrex and Eve? Quarians and the Geth?

Thirdly... The Illusive man. What the fuck is up with him? I understand he is indoctrinated and everything, but if the reapers really wanted to win, why wouldnt they just have had him shoot and kill Shepard and Anderson then and there in order to end it right up... and the Catalyst? If he is the Citadel, why allow Shepard to go up to the point where he can fuck with the reapers and end it? Why not just keep him on the ground with Anderson and the illusive man and let the reapers destroy everything like he wanted?

It would have made SO SO SO SO much more sense to just NOT have the Catalyst as an AI... and to have just had Harbinger communicate a backstory as to why the reapers do what they do and why they shouldn't be stopped to Shepard while he is on the Citadel, and have the options from the control panel in the main room. That leaves out all the plot holes that having the Catalyst as an AI that pretty much 'is' the Citadel creates.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=361253

There are two FAN written endings in that thread. Both of them offer closure to everything and are better then the endings that BioWare had a full writing staff to come up with. I also checked up on the Dark Energy ending that has been getting thrown around as the 'original' ending before they changed it... That ending is so much better.

I understand BioWare changed the original ending, but for fuck sake, you would think that with extra time to plan for it, they could have come up with an ending that didnt seem like it was made in 5 minutes by someone who was like "Shit! Fuck! We forgot the ending! What do we do?" "Oh! I know..."

...TLDR: The ending sucks.

100% Retail: 17
100% XBLA: 7
100% GFWL: 1
Giptuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #74
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 AM   #75
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

EA probably made BW make ass endings so people will have to pay for them

Bioware before EA= protheans
EA= reapers
Bioware after EA= Collectors
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #76
Stormy2k

Stormy2k's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
The ending is absolute garbage. So much so that now, a week after experiencing it, It just makes me laugh. Like Seriously just laugh. Sitting in my Chair Laughing out loud like a senile old person.

Bioware Really though this was a good "Ending"? Really? They Really thought that this was a good way to end the Greatest Gaming Trilogy ever made? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Just a random thought.

Why would the "Guardian" Space Magic AI kid let Shepard Waltz in and Destroy his Creations(The Reapers), and himself? Not a very good Guardian if you ask me.

Answer: He wouldn't. Yet another thing thats retarded about the ending. Or another thing hinting that Shepard really was being manipulated by Harbinger.
Or maybe your the one who is retarded and didn't pay attention.

What part of the Catalysts (not a magic AI kid) dialouge with Shepherd didn't you understand when he says about his equation for how to stop Chaos was now obsolete due to the fact Shepherd had brought about the beings of the galaxy together, organic and synthetic.

He then said he needed a new solution for this new issue, and thus gave you the three choices available to you.

Its an A.I. its just making logical choices to something it deems an issue, and without feeling or emotion it is very straight to the point.

Thats why he lets Shepherd have the choice to 'waltz in' as you put it, because he isn't allowed to pick and needs someone to make a choice.

I believe the Catalyst was banking on you/Shepherd picking the blue option because blue is good in the world of ME when at the end of the game its the Renagade solution, but the destruction of the Reapers is the Paragon option, but its coloured red.

I'm on twitter @Stormy2k - Talking Games/Movies/Wrestling.
Stormy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #77
Stormy2k

Stormy2k's Gamercard
Maybe in furture pre orders distributors should send out an email saying 'Please specify what ending you would like to be bundled with your game'

I saw the consequences of ME2 play out in ME3 and all my choices up until the end were cool and I was happy with what I had accomplished.

Its pretty evident that Bioware did not only do the ending like it was to keep you guessing and wanting more, but its basically the biggest rick roll of all time. There will be more DLC with Shepherd in said Hudson.

I destroyed the Reapers in my ending, job done, but I knew full well it wouldn't end there once you get the extra little bit of Shepherd taking a breath in the rubble of London.

I know the main complaint is the ending, but seriously, when Shepherd speaks to the Catalyst, he admits that his equation for balancing Chaos by eradicating organic life at its peak was now out dated after witnessing Shepherd bringing orgainics and synthetics together.

So in order to make a new equation to balance this he gives you the choice to destroy, control or merge with Reapers/Synths.

Pick one, job done.

The Catayst is hardly going to go, 'Well Shepherd, I've been watching you since your first mission on Eden Prime and I have seen evey babe you've banged, people killed and how many people you have saved, so I was going to give you three options to help stop this war, but I'm going to give you 15 buttons based on all your decisions because otherwise it just wouldn't be proper and fair on you'.

It blatanetly isn't the end, possibly an indoctrination vision, the DLC with give us the real 'what happened after waking up in the rubble' part of the ending, in my opinion. People are being so impatient.

Like I said, its a Bioware rick roll.

Last edited by Stormy2k; 03-21-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #78
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

From temporary22 on youtube
"By the way, it's not gamer entitlement, it's CONSUMER ENTITLEMENT. We have the full right to bitch about what we spend (or don't spend for that matter) our money on, and it's part of how economics works. This "entitlement" shit would be LAUGHED AT in any other industry. You don't see car companies saying that they can hold back features because of DRIVER ENTITLEMENT do you? "
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #79
Eticketjedi

EticketJedi's Gamercard
Leaving an ending off-disc is a slippery slope. Not everyone plays online and anyone picking up the game 10 years down the line will be SOL.

They'll probably latch onto some fan theory like the indoctrination thing and say "that's what we meant to do the whole time."
Eticketjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #80
Giptuc

Giptuc's Gamercard
Quote:
Leaving an ending off-disc is a slippery slope. Not everyone plays online and anyone picking up the game 10 years down the line will be SOL.

They'll probably latch onto some fan theory like the indoctrination thing and say "that's what we meant to do the whole time."

Its not that they left the ending off disc... its that the ending that was in the game was not the original ending. The original ending was changed because apparently the script was leaked and fans wernt happy. But to be honest i would have prefered the original ending... via http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...fect-3-endings

The Dark Energy was a force that was going to consume everything. According to Karpyshyn, "The Reapers as a whole were 'nations' of people who had fused together in the most horrific way possible to help find a way to stop the spread of the Dark Energy. The real reason for the Human Reaper was supposed to be the Reapers saving throw because they had run out of time. Humanity in Mass Effect is supposedly unique because of its genetic diversity and represented the universe's best chance at stopping Dark Energy's spread."

The original choice was between killing the Reapers and trying to find a way to stop the Dark Energy threat with what little time was left before it consumed the galaxy, or, "Sacrifice humanity, allowing them to be horrifically processed in hopes that the end result will justify the means."

You can make your own decision about the ending, but as it says in the article... Both of them are bullshit because all that effort you go to across the 3 games to recruit everyone, make all those important decisions and even so far as to who you took on the final mission for earth dont matter... because you get a specific ending that doesnt change depending on what you do, an abrupt ending that doesnt give any closure, and your fucking squadmates are on the Normandy without a fucking scratch after being hit by Harbingers beam.

100% Retail: 17
100% XBLA: 7
100% GFWL: 1
Giptuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #81
Stormy2k

Stormy2k's Gamercard
Quote:

Maybe thats what they set out to do from day one and will praise fans who figured it out.

Its all swings and roundabouts. Some will be cyincal some won't.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #82
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy2k View Post
Or maybe your the one who is retarded and didn't pay attention.

What part of the Catalysts (not a magic AI kid)
. . .
I believe the Catalyst was banking on you/Shepherd picking the blue option because blue is good in the world of ME when at the end of the game its the Renagade solution, but the destruction of the Reapers is the Paragon option, but its coloured red.
You're really going to start calling people names?

The Catalyst is an AI. And it is a Gigantic Pile of smelly Space Magic. Thats all there is to it.

Yes, yes of course. The Extremely Advanced, Millions of years old Artificial Intelligence was "Banking" on Shepard making a certain Choice.

Lets break down just one more plot hole in the Terrible ending of Mass Effect 3. And this one doesn't even relate to Pre-existing cannon. This is a plot hole within the plot hole ridden ending.

This AI(Guardian/Catalyst/Space magic) Controls the Reapers. It Controls the Reapers.

The Illusive man, who was simply indoctrinated can Control Shepard to a certain extent.

Using this line of logic, the Catalyst Guardian Space Magic AI could have easily controlled Shepard and force him to a certain option, most definitely away from his own(the Catalyst AI/Reaper) destruction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy2k View Post
I know the main complaint is the ending, but seriously, when Shepherd speaks to the Catalyst, he admits that his equation for balancing Chaos by eradicating organic life at its peak was now out dated after witnessing Shepherd bringing orgainics and synthetics together.
No. the Catalyst AI never Acknowledges this fact. He says that his Solution is no longer valid simply because Shepard is speaking to the Catalyst. The Catalyst AI Never mentions uniting Synthetics and Organics. Never.

In Fact, the ending completely disregards every single thing you've ever done in all three games.

Maybe your the one who doesn't fully understand the ending?

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
Old 03-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #83
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

The final ending didn't bother me as much as the battles leading up to the ending. I was thinking that assests would lead to more cut scenes at the end showing some of those assests I picked up battling the reapers in their own ways.

As for the final cut scenes the only thing that I didn't care for is that there is no way to do a game/comic/book that takes place after this game in the mass effect universe unless they come out and say "this ending was the true ending" and the others won't matter. Also any DLC that takes place after the final battle or epilogue would be hard to make sense of since the endings are so different.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #84
AceSouthpaw32

Ace Southpaw 32's Gamercard
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221273p1.html

They're bringing a new ending...god, I did not expect this at all. At least, not expect them to say the reason was because of the fan outrage. I'm completely shocked.
AceSouthpaw32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #85
Metaraon

Metaraon's Gamercard
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

Bioware Co-Founder addresses ending and future DLC

122 Retail 100% & 1000+
11 Arcade 100%
Metaraon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #86
Metaraon

Metaraon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceSouthpaw32 View Post
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221273p1.html

They're bringing a new ending...god, I did not expect this at all. At least, not expect them to say the reason was because of the fan outrage. I'm completely shocked.
He doesnt exactly say there will be a new ending

122 Retail 100% & 1000+
11 Arcade 100%
Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #87
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

At least his response is more substantial then Casey Hudsons' "We wanted the ending to be talked about" response. . .

- William Jennings Bryan

Last edited by ZingZitang; 03-21-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #88
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaraon View Post
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

Bioware Co-Founder addresses ending and future DLC
Wow, you really don't like to read before posting, huh? First you create a thread about this when there are already 3 of them on the first page.....then you post it in here even though the post directly above yours already addresses this.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #89
edgecrusherhalo

edgecrusher02's Gamercard
this is why people claim the ending makes no sense. you say they are making a new ending based on this article. they do not say that in this article. you read the title, which is wrong. it says they will answer questions about it. to me that means they will elaborate on the current ending, not give a new one. people did the same thing with the ending. it makes sense if you pay attention for more than .3 seconds and think about it. if people spent that energy into understanding the ending instead of coming up with theories, we wouldnt have this situation. the only thing that is weird is showing squad mates that you had with you on the final mission getting off the normandy during the final cutscene. that i dont understand.
edgecrusherhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #90
Metaraon

Metaraon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
Wow, you really don't like to read before posting, huh? First you create a thread about this when there are already 3 of them on the first page.....then you post it in here even though the post directly above yours already addresses this.
yes i saw the post above mine but its a different link and i gave the true source.

Why are people on here such assholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
At least his response is more substantial then Casey Hudsons' "We wanted the ending to be talked about" response. . .
Agreed, at least its a better response then "you should imagine the ending how u want"

122 Retail 100% & 1000+
11 Arcade 100%

Last edited by Metaraon; 03-21-2012 at 05:43 PM.