Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-19-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
edgecrusherhalo

edgecrusher02's Gamercard
question about leveling and pinnacle station

i want to make a femshep to run through all 3 games. but i want to have a level 60 to import into mass effect 2. my question is, can i level grind using pinnacle station over and over again. i never did download it but i will if i can save myself 2 or even 3 playthroughs just to get to level 60. the other question i have is, is 50 the level cap for every new character, or just the first character you play?
edgecrusherhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
n1ck3sixty

n1ck3sixty's Gamercard
MINOR SPOILERS (But seriously, who hasnt played ME1 yet???)

your best bet here would be do 1 or 2 super quick run throughs (Only story missions, so thats 5 missions? i think) then do your third as how you want your femshep to be (paragon, renegade etc) with other side quests as bonus xp.

Im doing exactly what you are And found it was quicker just to sprint through, kill as many guys as you can in the story missions, rinse and repeat.
I found it to be the best way, and if you strictly stick to Noveria, Feros, Virmire and Ilos (and the final citadel sequence, of course) then 1 play through should only take you 2 and a half, maybe 3 hours if you go get liara too.

Also, you cant get to level 60 with 1 play anyway, its capped at 50 for your 1st play, its only after you import them into a new game can you go to 60.

And plus, grinding gets boring after a while...... If your going through your second play and your not near 50 before you leave for Ilos, you could grind but i dont see why you cant get to 50 easily in 2 plays.

Also, be sure on what class you want for the 3 plays, you can change it in ME2 if you dislike it, but you cant change your imported characters class so be wise, stick with one thats fun to use (Biotics are my fav, love throwing people around)

other than that, enjoy!

EDIT: In Pin. Station, you dont get xp for every kill, you only get a small amount (level dependant) after you finish a mission, so i really wouldnt recommend Pinnacle station for grinding. Do side missions instead if your desperate.
You get xp for every kill, equipment to sell, and more xp when you finish the quest.
And i assume you know about getting out of the mako and killing stuff for more xp?

Last edited by n1ck3sixty; 03-19-2012 at 06:35 AM.
n1ck3sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
edgecrusherhalo

edgecrusher02's Gamercard
so you can only get to level 50 on the first playthru with EVERY new character, not just the first time you play? that was the main thing i was wondering and why i asked about grinding using pinnacle station.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Once you unlock the Medal of Honor achievement, any character can reach level 60, however, it's highly unlikely that a person can go from 1 to 60 in a single playthrough, even with the exp boosts from Competionist, Power Gamer, and Extreme Power Gamer.

As for Pinnacle Station, the enemies are holographic and provide no exp for killing them.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
n1ck3sixty

n1ck3sixty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrusherhalo View Post
so you can only get to level 50 on the first playthru with EVERY new character, not just the first time you play? that was the main thing i was wondering and why i asked about grinding using pinnacle station.
I have played both ME1 and 2, getting 100% completion in both, and I started a new ME1 character a few weeks back and could not pass 50, even with the Medal of Honour and Completionist achievements, the game stopped giving me xp for kills at 50, and i was stuck.

So unsure about if getting the achievement lets you get to 60 with any character, but im certain if you start from level 1, brand new character who has done no previous plays, 50 is your max.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
TheThirdExile

TheThirdExile's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ck3sixty View Post
So unsure about if getting the achievement lets you get to 60 with any character, but im certain if you start from level 1, brand new character who has done no previous plays, 50 is your max.
Not true in my experience. My first ever ME playthrough was with a Soldier. He maxed out at Lvl 50, which earned the 'Power Gamer' Achievement. I then started a new playthrough with a FemShep Vanguard. She was Lvl 56 at the conclusion and I imported her for another playthrough to get her to Lvl 60 and earned the 'Extreme Power Gamer' Achievement. The next character I started was an Adept and I utilized the XP glitch on Therum (which I did after Feros, Noveria, and Virmire). After more than a few hours of save/load cycles he was Lvl 59 with enough XP available on the homestretch to make him Lvl 60 in only one playthrough.

From my experience, once 'Power Gamer' is achieved, all newly started playthroughs will have a cap at Lvl 60, which legitimately can only be attained with two playthroughs per character.
TheThirdExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
n1ck3sixty

n1ck3sixty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThirdExile View Post
Not true in my experience. My first ever ME playthrough was with a Soldier. He maxed out at Lvl 50, which earned the 'Power Gamer' Achievement. I then started a new playthrough with a FemShep Vanguard. She was Lvl 56 at the conclusion and I imported her for another playthrough to get her to Lvl 60 and earned the 'Extreme Power Gamer' Achievement. The next character I started was an Adept and I utilized the XP glitch on Therum (which I did after Feros, Noveria, and Virmire). After more than a few hours of save/load cycles he was Lvl 59 with enough XP available on the homestretch to make him Lvl 60 in only one playthrough.

From my experience, once 'Power Gamer' is achieved, all newly started playthroughs will have a cap at Lvl 60, which legitimately can only be attained with two playthroughs per character.
Very weird... wish my 1st playthrough went higher than 50 well at least its confirmed you can go above 50, might have to try another playthrough to see if it works now.
Thanks for letting me know anyways