PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
MATH3W MAGNUM77

math3w magnum77's Gamercard
Exclamation CD wont work anymore

i was playing this game a week ago w a buddy (split screen horde mode) and i got mad when we got annihilated so used the home button to exit out of the game.. it wasn't saving or anything.. i'm 100% sure. but since then if i try playing the game it shows the splash screen and then the entire xbox freezes. no control, no response

the cd looks fine and has no scratches. there is a slight discoloration round the center ring however but that might be something else.

all i wanna know is WTF happened and how do i fix it cuz i love this game and bought all the dlc and everything. is it the save file? or the bit installed on the HDD? the cd itself? what?
has this happened to others?

i NEED to chainsaw the locust!
please help!!!
thanks!!
1000+/1000+ (In the order of reaching 1000G; Darksiders, Assassins Creed 2, Dante's Inferno(1145 / 1290), Avatar TLA:TBE, Arkham Asylum, Arkham Asylum GOTY, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood(1150 / 1250), Naruto UNS2, Prince Of Persia TFS, NFS Most Wanted, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion)

200/200 (Lazy Raiders, Harms Way, Outland, Battle LA)

33330 on 3-May-2013
MATH3W MAGNUM77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
nazhitsreallyhard

Prettiest EVER's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATH3W MAGNUM77 View Post

i was playing this game a week ago w a buddy (split screen horde mode) and i got mad when we got annihilated so used the home button to exit out of the game.. it wasn't saving or anything.. i'm 100% sure. but since then if i try playing the game it shows the splash screen and then the entire xbox freezes. no control, no response

the cd looks fine and has no scratches. there is a slight discoloration round the center ring however but that might be something else.

all i wanna know is WTF happened and how do i fix it cuz i love this game and bought all the dlc and everything. is it the save file? or the bit installed on the HDD? the cd itself? what?
has this happened to others?

i NEED to chainsaw the locust!
please help!!!
thanks!!

Check out the following link and you should have your problem resolved or, at the least, know the cause of it. EPIC would like to apologise to all fans who have received problems regarding rank reset, freezing etc. They know the passion of you all for this game and want you to know that they will reward you with future xp events. Check out the official Gears of War 2 facebook page for upcoming xp events. Thank you.

link------> http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...an-t-Play-GOW2

Last edited by nazhitsreallyhard; 03-23-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Punctuation and grammar correction
nazhitsreallyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
MATH3W MAGNUM77

math3w magnum77's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazhitsreallyhard View Post
Check out the following link and you should have your problem resolved or, at the least, know the cause of it. EPIC would like to apologise to all fans who have received problems regarding rank reset, freezing etc. They know the passion of you all for this game and want you to know that they will reward you with future xp events. Check out the official Gears of War 2 facebook page for upcoming xp events. Thank you.

link------> http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...an-t-Play-GOW2
Thank You! I'll try this tmrw or on monday and see if it fixes it. Apparently I'm gonna loose all my stats n save points.. frustrating....
1000+/1000+ (In the order of reaching 1000G; Darksiders, Assassins Creed 2, Dante's Inferno(1145 / 1290), Avatar TLA:TBE, Arkham Asylum, Arkham Asylum GOTY, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood(1150 / 1250), Naruto UNS2, Prince Of Persia TFS, NFS Most Wanted, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion)

200/200 (Lazy Raiders, Harms Way, Outland, Battle LA)

33330 on 3-May-2013
MATH3W MAGNUM77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
nazhitsreallyhard

Prettiest EVER's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATH3W MAGNUM77 View Post
Thank You! I'll try this tmrw or on monday and see if it fixes it. Apparently I'm gonna loose all my stats n save points.. frustrating....
Yes you will more than likely lose your points but don't be disheartened. You are not the only person suffering. EPIC mods have already stated on their official blog that they will "not stop giving out xp events for Gears of War 2". EPIC know that Gears of War 2 is a broken game but won't give up on the die-hard fans. To be on the safe side, wait for a xp event and then go all out to get your wings. Good luck.

Last edited by nazhitsreallyhard; 04-02-2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: spelling correction
nazhitsreallyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
gears 2 doesn't work? throw it in the trash and get gears 3