PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #31
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0cke89 View Post
To get the green Hyper Spray, you HAVE to get a 10* rank!!!
they're talking about sh3

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #32
Soldiercloud9

Count Aizen's Gamercard
By any chance can someone post a video as far as how to go about managing the save files on Silent Hill 2? I really don't understand the explanation on the guide so this would really help. Either that or elaborate more on the process. I finished my first playthrough today and I'm wondering if I screwed something up or not.
Soldiercloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #33
oCAJUNally

Ok Cajun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldiercloud9 View Post
By any chance can someone post a video as far as how to go about managing the save files on Silent Hill 2? I really don't understand the explanation on the guide so this would really help. Either that or elaborate more on the process. I finished my first playthrough today and I'm wondering if I screwed something up or not.
For me, if I'm playing below hard, I don't even need to worry about saving. Just put it on beginner/easy and blast through the entire game extremely quickly (as you should remember where to go). If I'm playing on beginner/easy, I can absolutely blast through this game in under 90 minutes.

If you're playing on hard, this is how I divide my 2 saves:

1st save: near the end of the hospital, AKA save on the 3rd floor of the larger stairwell of the alternate hospital after you've acquired both rings, but before using them. You should go back near the save point to get the trick or treat box anyways. That way if you screw up the pyramid head sequence in the basement, you don't have to start too far back.

2nd save: just before the fight with Eddie. This is in the room at the exit of the labyrinth, with the 3 dug out graves, one of which being open for you to jump down. Make sure to save before jumping down, as Eddie is (for me) quite difficult on Hard.

If you don't have 2 hours at a time to sit and play a game, even on a lower difficulty, use the two saves I listed above. As far as I know, that's the two saves pretty much everybody uses in their 10* runs (with possible slight variations) I know you asked for a video walkthrough, but hopefully the heavier detail I gave is enough for you to get your achievement.

Also, hitting "continue" in the main menu counts as a save in your results screen, and that's the number the game goes by. If you only saved twice, continued once, and didn't get the achievement, that's the reason why. Simply hit "load" instead if for any reason you have to go to the main menu.
oCAJUNally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #34
MetalMudkip

MetalMudkip's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oCAJUNally View Post
For me, if I'm playing below hard, I don't even need to worry about saving. Just put it on beginner/easy and blast through the entire game extremely quickly (as you should remember where to go). If I'm playing on beginner/easy, I can absolutely blast through this game in under 90 minutes.

If you're playing on hard, this is how I divide my 2 saves:

1st save: near the end of the hospital, AKA save on the 3rd floor of the larger stairwell of the alternate hospital after you've acquired both rings, but before using them. You should go back near the save point to get the trick or treat box anyways. That way if you screw up the pyramid head sequence in the basement, you don't have to start too far back.

2nd save: just before the fight with Eddie. This is in the room at the exit of the labyrinth, with the 3 dug out graves, one of which being open for you to jump down. Make sure to save before jumping down, as Eddie is (for me) quite difficult on Hard.

If you don't have 2 hours at a time to sit and play a game, even on a lower difficulty, use the two saves I listed above. As far as I know, that's the two saves pretty much everybody uses in their 10* runs (with possible slight variations) I know you asked for a video walkthrough, but hopefully the heavier detail I gave is enough for you to get your achievement.

Also, hitting "continue" in the main menu counts as a save in your results screen, and that's the number the game goes by. If you only saved twice, continued once, and didn't get the achievement, that's the reason why. Simply hit "load" instead if for any reason you have to go to the main menu.
I think he's referring to getting all the endings on one save file, I can't seem to figure it out either.
MetalMudkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #35
MetalMudkip

MetalMudkip's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
After beating a playthrough, save the results page when given the option. Next time you hit new game, make sure the results page is loaded, as in, when you hit continue, you see a results page. That way the files will add onto each other (which is necessary)
I am confused on this. So I save my game, load the results screen then start a new game? Do I overwrite my results save or keep it?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #36
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Since there seems to be some confusion, I added a little bit more explanation to the guide. Basically, it doesn't matter where you save your results, as long as they are saved, you can continue on. If you don't care about easily viewing endings, I suggest just saving the results over your main file.

Say, you saved your results on slot 2 and kept slot 1 save file there. If something happened and your save slot 1 is loaded (no results page) then you hit new game, the game won't register you got that ending and it won't be in the next result screen. (if it was your 2nd playthrough, and you didn't have the old results loaded, it will say you have gotten only 1 ending)

I hope that helps. I am sorry for being an inadequate guide writer

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #37
MetalMudkip

MetalMudkip's Gamercard
Quote:
Since there seems to be some confusion, I added a little bit more explanation to the guide. Basically, it doesn't matter where you save your results, as long as they are saved, you can continue on. If you don't care about easily viewing endings, I suggest just saving the results over your main file.

Say, you saved your results on slot 2 and kept slot 1 save file there. If something happened and your save slot 1 is loaded (no results page) then you hit new game, the game won't register you got that ending and it won't be in the next result screen. (if it was your 2nd playthrough, and you didn't have the old results loaded, it will say you have gotten only 1 ending)

I hope that helps. I am sorry for being an inadequate guide writer
Still a little confusing. So I save a results file after beating the game. Load that results save file, and then pick 'New Game' and it registers the first ending I got once I beat it again? The way you're saying it, it seems that the results page is supposed to show up every time I load up my new game file.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #38
Soldiercloud9

Count Aizen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMudkip View Post
Still a little confusing. So I save a results file after beating the game. Load that results save file, and then pick 'New Game' and it registers the first ending I got once I beat it again? The way you're saying it, it seems that the results page is supposed to show up every time I load up my new game file.
What I got from how Ceris explained it to me is as long as you have the results screen saved so for example a file for each playthrough it does not matter where you save the game as long as the results are saved.

Example:
1. Results Screen
2. New Save File (When you beat the game save the results on this file and just move down to the next save file and repeat).

Hopefully that's a correct interpretation since that's what I'm doing basically. Also Ceris it's not that your a bad guide writer your just trying to explain something that's just confusing to begin with.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #39
oCAJUNally

Ok Cajun's Gamercard
Simply beat the game and save the results screen. That's all you need to do. You dont need to load the results screen, but that's a good way to check and make sure the game has all of your data. When you start a new game, save to a new slot.

Last edited by oCAJUNally; 03-28-2012 at 05:54 AM.
oCAJUNally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #40
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
i may be being over-cautious here, but this method has worked for me with little confusion.

the first time i beat the game, i saved the end results into slot 20(just so i don't accidentally overwrite it or anything). Just to be safe, i usually go to load and load up that save slot again, but i don't think that's necessary unless you have turned off your xbox or left to dashboard, and it might not be necessary at all. after loading slot 20, i select new game, main story, and then play the game for whatever new ending i'm trying to get. while in the middle of any game, if you quit or turn off your xbox, you can just hit continue to carry on. at the end of game 2, i save the end results over my slot 20, go to load and load slot 20 again because i'm paranoid, select new game, play through, etc.

i always save the end results into slot 20, and each time u get a new ending it should be adding to the results screen endings statistic (right now i have 4(+2) because i have the 4 main endings plus 2 of the extras)

maybe that helps. i'm sure there are some unnecessary steps in there so don't freak out if u didn't do it this way. just keep an eye on your ending statistics to make sure it's accumulating all the endings on one save file.

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.

Last edited by Bobo; 03-30-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #41
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
i may be being over-cautious here, but this method has worked for me with little confusion.

the first time i beat the game, i saved the end results into slot 20(just so i don't accidentally overwrite it or anything). Just to be safe, i usually go to load and load up that save slot again, but i don't think that's necessary unless you have turned off your xbox or left to dashboard, and it might not be necessary at all. after loading slot 20, i select new game, main story, and then play the game for whatever new ending i'm trying to get. at the end of game 2, i save the end results over my slot 20, go to load and load slot 20 again because i'm paranoid, select new game, play through, etc.

i always save the end results into slot 20, and each time u get a new ending it should be adding to the results screen endings statistic (right now i have 4(+2) because i have the 4 main endings plus 2 of the extras)

maybe that helps. i'm sure there are some unnecessary steps in there so don't freak out if u didn't do it this way. just keep an eye on your ending statistics to make sure it's accumulating all the endings on one save file.
The problem is if for whatever reason, you file isn't loaded, the game won't connect them and add to your endings. That is the reason why I recommend loading the results. Like you said, this really only applies if you get off the game.

Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #42
t3fury

t3fury's Gamercard
hd

is this to get 100% achievements
t3fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #43
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3fury View Post
No habla ingles?
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #44
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
Quote:
parlez vous anglais?

Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #45
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
Quote:
Sprechen sie Englisch?

:P
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #46
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
You've got the melee/gun cheevs a little wrong. I'm 100% sure that you can shoot them to the ground and then kick them and it counts as a melee kill. I never once used a melee weapon except on eddie. Basically whatever the killing blow is will count.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #47
SevenFisher

Send a message via AIM to SevenFisher Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher Send a message via Yahoo to SevenFisher

SevenFisher's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
You've got the melee/gun cheevs a little wrong. I'm 100% sure that you can shoot them to the ground and then kick them and it counts as a melee kill. I never once used a melee weapon except on eddie. Basically whatever the killing blow is will count.

Yeah, as soon as I got Maria I switched to pistol, shot to them twice (playing on Easy) & finished them off with kick - it didn't count towards firearm kill stat, but rather melee kill. Got over 150+ melee kills but only 10+ firearm kills :P

They seem eat alot of ammo, though. :x Not ideal on first playthrough (unless you've played SH2 before) or speed/2 saves playthrough.

This sig is 100% accurate as of date
SevenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #48
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenFisher View Post
Yeah, as soon as I got Maria I switched to pistol, shot to them twice (playing on Easy) & finished them off with kick - it didn't count towards firearm kill stat, but rather melee kill. Got over 150+ melee kills but only 10+ firearm kills :P

They seem eat alot of ammo, though. :x Not ideal on first playthrough (unless you've played SH2 before) or speed/2 saves playthrough.
It's clear that shooting then stomping doesn't work. I fixed it to say only shooting to finish it off for the achievement.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #49
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
yeah... for shooting kills you can knock them down however you want but you have to kill them by shooting, and for melee kills you can knock them down however you want (including gun) but have to kill them by stomping or melee weapon.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #50
nicoissora

nicoissora's Gamercard
Just a heads up, for the Flamethrower/Beam Saber, if you missed one, you'll automatically unlock the other once you beat the New Game +.
GoW2: \\★// Member of the Old Guard as of Jan.14, 2012 | 1700 / 1750
GoW3: Re-Up'd Twice! | Onyx Medals: 52 / 65 | 1730 / 2000
GoW3 Beta: Beta Tester Medal | Flaming Lancer, Gnasher, Sawed-Off | Golden Retro | Cole Train

nicoissora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #51
TRICKY1976

Send a message via ICQ to TRICKY1976 Send a message via MSN to TRICKY1976

TRICKY1976's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice guide cheers

TRICKY1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #52
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Can I get the 10* rank on the same playthrough i get my last (dog) ending or do i really have to get all endings first?

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #53
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gor1lla View Post
Can I get the 10* rank on the same playthrough i get my last (dog) ending or do i really have to get all endings first?
You have to get the Dog ending before getting the 10* because you have to have had all 7 ending prior to the 10* run.

Quote:
Old 04-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #54
Soldiercloud9

Count Aizen's Gamercard
Probably something worth mentioning in Silent Hill 3 if you unlock beginner mode after so many deaths or consecutive deaths you can enable it and still get achievements as well. So things like beating bosses in a certain time limit becomes even easier. I imagine it also helps with several other achievements as well like the speedrun achievement and the beat the game in 2 or less saves achievement. The melee achievement and weapons achievement would probably be made easier as well.

Update: Just heard that 2 has beginner's mode as well so I imagine that would help a lot as well.

Last edited by Soldiercloud9; 04-15-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #55
Gor1lla

Meh, so i need another run...Hopefully I get it done in under 1 hour, my last one took 1h2min

Old 04-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #56
JiveT

OpticDash's Gamercard
the difficulty rating should be a 5 at most unless they really made these games much more difficult somehow its just a grind
Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #57
Gor1lla

my bad....

Last edited by Gor1lla; 04-23-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #58
MoonGraile

MoonGraile's Gamercard
I hope they release that patch they promised very soon
MoonGraile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #59
garabee

garabie's Gamercard
helpful guide thanks
garabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #60
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
Quote:
You have to get the Dog ending before getting the 10* because you have to have had all 7 ending prior to the 10* run.
I got my 10* on my Dog Ending Playtrough :P it was planned as a practice run but i got my 10*

But i'm still not 100% sure because i ended up with 506 Damage at the End and I had to reload and do Eddie and the Hotel again.

Last edited by Rage66; 05-05-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote