PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
edgecrusherhalo
 
edgecrusherhalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nowhere, VA
Posts: 244

edgecrusher02's Gamercard
does "rally the fleet" and "warn the fleet" get the same result

in the final quarian/geth conflict mission, do these 2 responses both result in peace between the 2? i cant seem to find any videos or anyone that has chosen "warn the fleet" and i would think that means siding with the quarians but not then again, maybe not.
edgecrusherhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
RDrules
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,770

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Im fairly sure mine just yelled at them saying if they dont stand down theyll be wiped out, he end result was the same
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
mjc0961
 
mjc0961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA (GMT -5)
Posts: 2,147

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Both of them made my Shepard yell at the Quarians and got them to stand down so both the Geth and Quarians could survive in my playthroughs. Only difference is if he's nice about it or not.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
PhoenixWolfCub
 
PhoenixWolfCub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 181

PhoenixWolfCub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Seems that this time around, when there is a distinct blue or red response, that they end up at the exact same place, just with a paragon or renegade flavor. If you have to choose between top and bottom answers on the right with no distinct blue color or red color choices that's when the results differ.

So far that's what I've run into, I usually save and then hit either one, reload, then hit the other just to see the outcome. So far they've been the same, just the renegade red turns out more.... well not badass, but I don't know. Psychotic yelling? lol
__________________
"I was chosen for this mission because killing is an art. --And I am a Master."


Credit for this awesome sig goes to Gackt. Ty so much!

<<<<I no longer have either of the Fable games available, sorry. PLEASE do not contact me about achievements for these two games, or they will be ignored at this point. Thank you!>>>>

PhoenixWolfCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
mjc0961
 
mjc0961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA (GMT -5)
Posts: 2,147

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolfCub View Post
Seems that this time around, when there is a distinct blue or red response, that they end up at the exact same place, just with a paragon or renegade flavor. If you have to choose between top and bottom answers on the right with no distinct blue color or red color choices that's when the results differ.
That's kind of how it's always been with those options in really tight situations, though. Talking down Wrex and Saren in ME1, talking down arguing squadmades in ME2, and now here... The red and blue responses always led to the best solution to the conflict and only varied in how Shepard would speak to whoever it was. Is he going to be nice or is he going to be a badass/asshole? That's what your choice is there, but you always get the best outcome either way. Or you can take a less than ideal resolution by picking one of the options on the right.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:44 AM   #6
RDrules
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,770

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
That's kind of how it's always been with those options in really tight situations, though. Talking down Wrex and Saren in ME1, talking down arguing squadmades in ME2, and now here... The red and blue responses always led to the best solution to the conflict and only varied in how Shepard would speak to whoever it was. Is he going to be nice or is he going to be a badass/asshole? That's what your choice is there, but you always get the best outcome either way. Or you can take a less than ideal resolution by picking one of the options on the right.
this, those 2 choices always lead to the same result on all 3 games, only the right options and renegade triggers lead to different results.

the only thing i disagree with is that the bottom right always leads to the bad/ "less than ideal result" some of the bottom right ones are better in terms of war assets just not "nice" in terms of what happens to your friends/allies.

for example on tuchanka deceiving the krogan for war assets actually gets you a lot more points because the salarians throw in their full support rather than a couple of token fleets but you have to kill a couple of squad mates and be a complete asshole to the krogan
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
Opiate42
 
Opiate42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel
Posts: 7,186

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I personally love the bottom left/red renegade talk-down of the Quarian fleet. To call it blunt is an understatement
__________________
"It's 5000 miles to the Vale, we got a horse, a tiny sword, winter is coming, and we're wearing boiled leather"

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:43 PM.