PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
why do i need to pay 800 Ms pts to rank up?

basicly what the title says

i bought it pre owned and the code it came with had been used.

is there like no one i can contact so i can get another code? it just seems silly to me having to pay that many pts just so i can level up :/
Sm0keytrip0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You have to pay for the online pass so the game's creators can actually get some money back from you playing it since you bought it used and they got no money from you buying it used.

...assuming you are talking about the online pass.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
rabies

Teamlead Taco's Gamercard
welcome to the world of online passes....get used to it... as it is becoming more and more common. This is the 4th title I've played that had this online pass for multiplayer crap....at least this game lets you play multiplayer..you just can't pass level 5. Other games won't even let you play multiplayer at all until you input the code.

There is nothing you can do about it..other than go buy it new or pay 10 US $ for the pass. You can buy it new on amazon for like...17 buck US....which is probably cheaper than buying a used copy and then shelling out 800 MSP for hte online pass.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
Penguino Rojo

penguino rojo's Gamercard
yup yup, publishers are tired of Gamestop and other used game stores and reselling sites ripping them off, in effect, and doing it so effectively. Since the publisher only gets money when the game is first sold to the retail store, they have to ensure they get some sort of profit out of the game down the road. DLCs in general were the start, online passes were the next logical step.

You will also note that micro-transactions, ala facebook and iOS games, are now appearing in console games. ME3 and Shoot Many Robots both have the feature for MS points.

Personally I don't mind the online passes, since I understand it and can can appreciate it from a business stand point. Plus I usually prefer to buy new whenever possible, even though I will sometimes wait until the new price is reduced or its on sale. Either way, the publisher still got paid to sell the game to the store Im buying it from, and maybe my purchase will encourage that store to buy more *shrug*
Old 03-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Egg Life

Egg Life's Gamercard
So far I don't mind Online Passes,

Cause it means I'm not paying for part of the game I'm not using.

But for the ones I have paid for I will be extremely annoyed when they shutdown the server. ( As the excuse for shutting them is usually money )
Egg Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
Evilgeoff

Evilgeoff's Gamercard
Go back to the shop you bought it from and ask them why they didn't inform you that the pre-owned game required an unlock code. They will probably give you the chance to trade it in for some money off a brand new copy of the same game with a code included.
Evilgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote