PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > Forces of Nature
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Razorwing

"I've Got this". No you don't.

So we all know about Guardian and Private are two words that will frustrate us to the end of time. So what can we do? Do we wait until they actually make a Private room available or do we do something that we can all get the achievement?

Just a thought. So we gather a team. We get into a ranked match and we send a message on the other team. If we can get them to co-operate we can get through it. So we discuss that let the other team's leader kill the other team and vice versa.

What do you guys think? I know it's a longshot that the other team might not respond or have a mic, but there is the reason of everyone wanting the Ivory skin and the achievement that this may work. As I said before, what do you guys think?
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorwing View Post
So we all know about Guardian and Private are two words that will frustrate us to the end of time. So what can we do? Do we wait until they actually make a Private room available or do we do something that we can all get the achievement?

Just a thought. So we gather a team. We get into a ranked match and we send a message on the other team. If we can get them to co-operate we can get through it. So we discuss that let the other team's leader kill the other team and vice versa.

What do you guys think? I know it's a longshot that the other team might not respond or have a mic, but there is the reason of everyone wanting the Ivory skin and the achievement that this may work. As I said before, what do you guys think?
It will never be made private, rakzilla has already stated this... they aren't able to do it.

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
i4mn1nja

iiM SO N1NJA's Gamercard
just play with a full, competent team and stay with your leader. have everyone call out details of enemy locations and make sure the leader is using his tac-com heavily. down everyone with rifles and let the leader get the kills.

may take a bit, but sooner or later you'll have matches that click (whether that be the map, a scrubby opposing team, or an all bot match).

i4mn1nja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Juicy Pie View Post
It will never be made private, rakzilla has already stated this... they aren't able to do it.
It WILL be made private. Raczilla is a tool. And they ARE able to do it. They just want to be jerkoffs, as usual, and probably wait it out to somehow charge us for making it private. Which this gametype should've been on-disc since launch.

P.S. Getting rid of Guardian for shitty CTL is just another mindless mistake to add to epic's long list of bad decisions.

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I figured that overloading my internet connection would make this easy. It turns out that the bots are too damn good. I can't manage to get the 10 kills before the leader dies.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
Razorwing

So there is really no easy way of getting this then.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #7
MYSTERY O

MYSTERY O's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
I figured that overloading my internet connection would make this easy. It turns out that the bots are too damn good. I can't manage to get the 10 kills before the leader dies.

How exactly are you overloading it?
MYSTERY O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #8
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTERY O View Post
How exactly are you overloading it?
I opened some downloads on the PC just to gurantee a full bot game for myself. If your connection is bad enough, then you won't be put in a match with others.

This worked with Foreshadowing for me, but i think Epic tweaked the bots again.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #9
madmanRAB

do what i done: get you + 4 friends = full party of 5. then play quick match and the matchmaking struggles to put you in a human lobby so you get a bot lobby. this works all the time for me and my friends and yes people join eventually so either play them or back out and do it again. i've got most these achievos already
madmanRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #10
Six Sequences

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4mn1nja View Post
just play with a full, competent team and stay with your leader. have everyone call out details of enemy locations and make sure the leader is using his tac-com heavily. down everyone with rifles and let the leader get the kills.

may take a bit, but sooner or later you'll have matches that click (whether that be the map, a scrubby opposing team, or an all bot match).
Exactly the way I always play with my friends. 100% Communication. If you got a confident team like I have (not arrogant) and you know u play against people with less skill, give them a long beatdown with the snub pistol. Most of the time they quit out after a akward moment like that, especially if you keep winning. We managed to have bots on the other team and we got the achievement, all of us, in one game. If the 3rd person got his cheevo, go to the bots. Let them kill your team and lose the round. Eventualy everbody had to be a leader once. Stay in your group, cover till your buddies mark a down for u. Cheers.

Last edited by Six Sequences; 03-28-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Six Sequences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #11
Razorwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanRAB View Post
do what i done: get you + 4 friends = full party of 5. then play quick match and the matchmaking struggles to put you in a human lobby so you get a bot lobby. this works all the time for me and my friends and yes people join eventually so either play them or back out and do it again. i've got most these achievos already
can you help me out? I can't get anything to work. I had a bunch of people and it lobbys were always with people.

Last edited by Razorwing; 03-28-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:07 AM   #12
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorwing View Post
can you help me out? I can't get anything to work. I had a bunch of people and it lobbys were always with people.
i got my boosting party by another boosting party they asked us if we wanted to boost n we all started laughing. we couldnt believe the odds of us finding another whole group that wanting the same thing we wanted so my advice just ask the other team.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #13
Razorwing

finally got it. It was so random. Actually got in a boosting party. lol.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #14
FlyBoy120586

BManning05's Gamercard
Quote:

Really? They did it in Gears 2....

FlyBoy120586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #15
SecretSnake8926

SecretSnake8926's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy120586 View Post
Really? They did it in Gears 2....
Their claim is that they can't make private options depend on DLC with the current system. In other words, their incompetence shines through once again.
SecretSnake8926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
wim17

wim17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSnake8926 View Post
Their claim is that they can't make private options depend on DLC with the current system. In other words, their incompetence shines through once again.
They can. You could play Raam in private.
Just some BS.
wim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #17
Nutmeg

Quote:
I've been trying to do this for 3 hours. Leader bot on the other team just dies all the time. So far I've managed to score 9 kills on Jacinto.
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
At first, I honestly didn't care that they were unable to make the gametype available in Private until I noticed how fast and short the rounds are in Public. It seems that every leader has to rush to a power weapon or attempt to clutch the entire team because they feel invincible with the "see-through-walls" power. And when you are the leader (which is completely random to my knowledge), the enemy's leader always dies within a minute or two because of such reasons listed above.

I'll eventually get it though. I came close today by grabbing eight kills in a row but the round unfortunately ended.

Also, does anyone know why they removed the barriers from Jacinto? It makes it almost impossible to protect the leaders because of how easy it is for people to barge through the defenses.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
I got the ach. with 6 buddies of mine, first 5 of us, and it was a locked room with some other guy on the other team, with Host Migration, and then I told another buddy of mine to get it, so i backed out let him join an another friend as well joined, plus the other team was still bots, I couldnt believe it no one joined. Glad i got it! Plus them as well!
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #20
Akumario

Anyone wants to try this , here is my GT; AKUMARIO UCHIHA , must have a Mic to Join. Tomorrow at 10am or so, Til we get a full Team, and we Will Help the same team to get this Chevo too. I'm Hispanic so spec an ascent...
Akumario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
wheelaa

wheelaa1's Gamercard
As others above have alluded to, an easy way (and the way I got it with others yesterday) is to overload your internet, but have a team ready.

We had 5 people, all from here, all added as friends to each other (so we could join each other) in private chat. One of us overloaded his internet (lots of downloads etc), searched for matches and after a minute or two was put in a lobby, at the initial map countdown screen, just him, with 9 bots. He let us know, and the four of us joined his game. Of course this put all 5 of us on the same team as him vs five bots and it was simple from there. We played Guardian for about 45 mins (we did all maps win achievement too) and in that time only 2 people joined the game (in different matches) so that wasn't an issue with 4 people protecting the leader / using rifles to get downs for the leader to kill.

The benefit having 5 humans is not having to worry about bot team mates killing the opposition leader before you hit 10 kills.

In fact we actually had more than 5 people in private chat, so as soon as one person had got the achievement, they would leave the match to free up a space on the human team, and another party chat member would join to take it! Good rotation going.
wheelaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #22
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
The achievement is easy. If you can't get it in ranked just play quick match and keep killing the bots.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HiddenLongshot?feature=mhee
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #23
bbss

Doctor B Samson's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongebobRoundpants View Post
The achievement is easy. If you can't get it in ranked just play quick match and keep killing the bots.
How can it be easy? Opponent leader gets killed in like 15 seconds and then you have just 5 kills available...

...land
bbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Why didn't I think of that.How about you wait till you actually get it yourself before claiming it's easy. I've Got This! FUCK YOU EPIC!

Last edited by The Duke of Darkness; 03-28-2012 at 11:52 AM.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #25
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Believe it or not, I was able to get it legit just now, on Raven Down of all maps too.

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #26
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Quote:
Do it with a full team, 5 players on your team vs. 5 bots and stay at the spawn. The bots might spawn behind you but that's no problem. I got the achievement yesterday along with 3 other players.

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #27
MYSTERY O

MYSTERY O's Gamercard
Anyone looking to do this tonight?
MYSTERY O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #28
jortat

jortat's Gamercard
Could never get a lobby without a full team of players on the other side and nobody wanted to boost so I think that I may let this mode die down a bit and play it in a few months when hopefully the lobbies are empty and more bot players are in.
jortat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #29
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
Quote:
It's funny cause they said the exact same thing about Guardian never coming back.

And also about not being able to add more than 8 play lists.

And also about not having a prestige mode.

and well... you get the idea. Every time the community wanted a change Epic said it was impossible and then they did it anyway.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #30
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
Quote:
Says the guy who doesn't have it unlocked.

This achievement is a shitty as Foreshadowing.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote