PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > Forces of Nature
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Forces of Nature DLC Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10 non boosted , 4/10 boosted (I Got This! primarily is tedious)

-Offline: 8 (205) - 5-man Horde achieve can technically be done via system link.

-Online: 2(45) - The Two Guardian achieves are public only, FoN-->Guardian Playlist

-Approximate amount of time to 250: 5-10 hours boosted, 10-20+ hours non-boosted

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: n/a
-Number of missable achievements: none
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: n/a
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: none

FoN = Forces of Nature

For all the Horde ones, it's highly advised to just run through all 50 waves with 4 friends, then repeat wave 10 as necessary for a lambent beserker if you don't get one, as this will make it much faster and easier. It is entirely possible to do everything but the lambent beserker one and the two Guardian ones solo, however.

Hunter Gatherer 20 - Bag and Tag 20 opponents while playing as the Savage Hunter in Versus multiplayer (any mode).

- Play as Savage Hunter in a private or public versus match. Down opponent, pick them up, tap Up on the d-pad. Repeat 20 times. I did this on Mercy with a couple dummy controllers in system link. Smoke grenades work fine, but if the guy you bag and tag doesn't have a grenade for you to take when you bag him, you have to find a nade before doing the next one.

Natural Selection 20 - Complete all 12 waves of Beast on all of the FoN maps.

- Self explanatory, just play on each of the FoN maps and complete the 12 waves. Maps are Aftermath, Artillery, Cove, Jacinto, and Raven Down.

Stock Piled 20 - Achieve the maximum level on all fortifications in Horde mode.

- Your silverback only has to be at level 2 for this (on need 'max' retail levels not Horde command pack levels). If you've met all the requirements, start a game in any mode and once you get to map selection back out and it should unlock. Tyger7 mentioned this. You don't even need to complete a game.

Horde Natural 20 - Complete 20 consecutive waves of Horde on any FoN map without going down or dying.

- Easiest with friends, but can be done solo. I found the map Artillery to be good for playing solo because you can bunker down and kill enemies as they come to you. Casual with mutators as you prefer of course.

Unstoppable Force 25 - Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the FoN maps.
- see Horde Natural above

Witty Repairtee 25 - Build or repair $50,000 worth of fortifications as Mechanic Baird LE.

- Choose Mechanic Baird for your 50 waves for Unstoppable force and Horde Natural and build/repair fortifications whenever you can. This should come easily while going for the other 2. Easy mutators DO NOT affect how much money you earn, nor do they affect how much of the money you spend 'counts' towards the achieve. The only thing that increases $$ earned is difficulty and it isn't worth the trade off. We did it on Casual with 3 easy mutators and all 5 of us had this by wave 50, with PLENTY to spare.

Elemental 25 - Get 25 kills with any of the hidden elementally charged Cleavers in Horde.

- For a walkthrough of the Immulsion Cleaver on Jacinto, check the youtube video by UpsideDownAce below. Once you get the elemental cleaver usable (rock bridge raised on Jacinto for instance), just kill enemies with it until it runs out of "ammo". There is also a guide to all four HERE.

- To conserve ammo and get the achievement in one go, check out this tip from The Maggot 55:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggot 55 View Post
Just a notice on the Elemental Achievement. It seems if you have the Comet mutator on and charge with the elemental cleaver and kill someone in the charge, it counts towards the achievement. It didn't take any of the Cleaver's ammo away and it was definitely counting towards the achievement for me.

- You can't die and restart from current wave or the beginning, and you can't use it up and buy it again. This means you'll have to 'activate', use it, and quit all the way out and restart horde a few times or use The Maggot's tip above.

*Note* Do not drop the cleaver, as if you do it reverts to a regular one and doesn't count anymore. This includes if you get downed, so BE CAREFUL. Also, smaller enemies like tickers use less of the cleaver's 'ammo' than large ones like boomers.

Force Multiplier 50 - Kill a lambent berserker with a team comprised of 5 FoN characters in Horde.

- Just have everyone take Mechanic Baird since you need him for building $50,000 in fortifications. Choose wave 10 as your starting wave and turn on friendly fire. Keep dying and restarting from current wave until you get a lambent beserker. You must be alive when the lambent beserker goes down to get it. This can be done via system link if your internet is down or something.

Force Multiplayer 25 - Win a match of Guardian on all FoN maps.

- This can only be obtained in public quick or ranked matches. Not only that, but you get regular maps even in the FoN Guardian playlist, so no guarantees you'll even get a FoN map while playing Guardian, making this achieve a pain. See Natural Selection for maps.

I've Got This! 20 - Kill 10 opponents as the leader in a round of Guardian on a FoN map.

- By far the hardest achievement (other than Seriously) in Gears 3, period. It is currently only available in FoN playlist->quick or ranked match. Play until you are the leader then while playing as leader kill 10 opponents in ONE round on a FoN map. The best ways to do it in public MM are:

--1: Play with a full team of 5 against bots (late at night bot matches are common) and have them down bots while you finish them off. If you have bots on your team they will invariably kill the enemy leader too fast.

--2: Attempt to boost it in quick match using the same technique as the Foreshadowing achievement. Start a quick match with all 5 people in a party. Have the party leader quit out once the match starts. After the rest of the party finishes the round they're in, have the leader rejoin the match in progress from his friends list. Starting on the next match, it should split your team so you can "give" each other kills. Watch out for the bots though, they're mean now. Randoms will make either of these methods harder, but try sending a party invite to them.

--3: To stay on a FoN map once you get one, just get stalemates by killing the leader and everyone but one player on both teams. This starts a 1-minute sudden death followed by a stalemate if the last 2 people are still alive. Stalemates will allow you infinite rounds on the same map so you can allow the leader position to cycle through your boosters while on a FoN map.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 04-06-2012 at 02:28 PM.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Just tried the lambent berserker achievement 2 of us with split screens and one other. All mechanic baird (LE) killed the boss and we didn't get the achievement ?

Started on 21/08/2011

SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
danny

Did someone die or get downed? We didn't get it the first time, 2nd time it was fine.
danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny View Post
Did someone die or get downed? We didn't get it the first time, 2nd time it was fine.
Yeah we all died apart from my splitscreen which I killed it with. Can noone die or can there be no splitscreens?

Started on 21/08/2011

Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
lifeexpectancy

My group got it but we had no split sceens. I have jury duty atm will check back and update guide tonight.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Nice work getting it up so fast. My only suggestion is if your going to have 2 difficulties, call them boosting and non-boosting. Using the "L-word" tends to stir up drama on this forum in particular and doing so in a guide isn't beneficial to everyone.
Grifter Reborn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
Thanks the guide, but I think Force Multiplier should be in the online section; how many people have 3 xboxes to system link?!

Also for Hunter Gatherer, don't you need a grenade equipped? Thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
Elemental!
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/3D/ms/0o...fn5-2DOcA=.jpg

Force Multiplayer
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/ji/zy/0I...fn5--dLJI=.jpg

I've Got This!
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/UT/aR/1o...fn5-m+Nk0=.jpg

Force Multiplier
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/ws/5x/14...fn5-hezt4=.jpg

^You can't die for this achievement. We just did it with 5 people, one guy died on the explosion at the death of the Berserker and didn't get the cheevo. Multiple people were downed though, so reviving players is fine.

Last edited by Dark Sayer; 03-27-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Dark Sayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
BrinkX

brinkx69's Gamercard
I thought it was "Bag and Tag"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
Hunter Gatherer - Captured and "released" 20 opponents as the Savage Hunter
- Play as Savage Hunter. Down opponent, pick them up, tap Up on the d-pad. Repeat 20 times. I did this on Mercy with a couple dummy controllers in system link.
I thought the description for this one read like this:
"Bag and Tag 20 opponents while playing as the Savage Hunter in Versus multiplayer (any mode)."

So doesn't that mean that you need to have a frag/incendiary grenade?

First you down an opponent, then pick them up with the X button and then "Bag and Tag" them with the grenade by pressing up on the D-pad?

Does a smoke/stun grenade work?

BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
^Yes it works. You just bag and tag them with smoke grenades. So down them, get the pick up via meatshield, then hit up on the dpad. You don't have to replenish nades since you take the 'meatshields' nade. As long as they don't waste it prior.
Dark Sayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
@BrinkX Smoke works, too. You don't need to kill anyone (except the guy you use as meatshield)

€: DAMN YOU L!!!!

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
Insomnia5623

AresInsomnia's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gor1lla View Post
@BrinkX Smoke works, too. You don't need to kill anyone (except the guy you use as meatshield)

: DAMN YOU L!!!!
Love Death Note!!

On Topic: Glad to know I can use any type of grenade.

Insomnia5623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Epic, you suck! Now I really have reached the point where I have to say this. The reason for that are the fucking bullshit guardian achievements and the fact, that regular maps show up on the FoN playlist as well just to make it more harder. I will get that one as well like the Annex one in Gears 2 to show you motherfucking imbeciles that you can't fuck with me you shitheads!!!
I will 2000G the fuck out of this muck!

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
lifeexpectancy

Just a quick update I've added the tiles for everything.

If everyone would prefer I will add the 5-player lambent beserker achievement to the 'online' portion of the achievements in the overview, but since it technically doesn't absolutely require live I just mentioned in the achieve description about that alternative and left it as an offline achievement.

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 03-27-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
O2DAZ81

O 2 DA Z's Gamercard
Excellent job and thanks for the guide.

O2DAZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #16
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
Epic, you suck! Now I really have reached the point where I have to say this. The reason for that are the fucking bullshit guardian achievements and the fact, that regular maps show up on the FoN playlist as well just to make it more harder. I will get that one as well like the Annex one in Gears 2 to show you motherfucking imbeciles that you can't fuck with me you shitheads!!!
I will 2000G the fuck out of this muck!

Fuck yeah, totally agree with you!!! Seriously 3.0 was not enough apparently and now we must be lucky with the maps and kills for Guardian.

Good guide by the way!

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2DAZ81 View Post
Excellent job and thanks for the guide.
Thanks I see you noticed there are two achievements with very similar names, lol.

But if anyone finds any other spelling/grammar errors PLEASE point them out. I hate those and hate making them myself.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #18
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
I can confirm that the lambent Berserker achievement can be unlocked with splitscreens. Just got it... finally.....

Started on 21/08/2011

Old 03-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
The Maggot 55

Send a message via AIM to The Maggot 55 Send a message via MSN to The Maggot 55

Lord Scruff's Gamercard
Just a notice on the Elemental Achievement. It seems if you have the Comet mutator on and charge with the elemental cleaver and kill someone in the charge, it counts towards the achievement. It didn't take any of the Cleaver's ammo away and it was definitely counting towards the achievement for me. Just though I'd give you guys the heads up on this incase it makes the achievement slightly less stressful or something.

The Maggot 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #20
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Raven Down is good for Solo Horde as well. Use the decoy in front of the monument and hide behind it. Since it's a smaller map, the enemies will come to you quicker so be prepared. If you good with active reload and have mutators, it's a good/easy map.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #21
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Just a notice on the Elemental Achievement. It seems if you have the Comet mutator on and charge with the elemental cleaver and kill someone in the charge, it counts towards the achievement. It didn't take any of the Cleaver's ammo away and it was definitely counting towards the achievement for me. Just though I'd give you guys the heads up on this incase it makes the achievement slightly less stressful or something.
Thanks for the tip, very useful.

also has it been confirmed that guardian is going to be available in private?

Started on 21/08/2011

Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #22
jwprice1974

jwprice1974's Gamercard
Killing the lambent berzerker in split screen works, but if a player dies that player will not get the achievement. You MUST be alive to get it.
jwprice1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Added to the guide and credited via quote. Thanks for this fantastic tip!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #24
NakedShaver

NakedShaver's Gamercard
Executions with the cleaver also count towards the 25 and don't drain the weapon.

Last edited by NakedShaver; 03-27-2012 at 09:55 PM.
NakedShaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #25
Nighthawk1024

nighthawk1024's Gamercard
This is raven down walk through. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnmP...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Nighthawk1024; 03-27-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Nighthawk1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #26
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Are you fucking kidding me about Guardian? What the fuck EPIC?

Also doesn't the infinite ammo mutator apply to the cleavers like it does the regular ones? If it doesn't then that's also bullshit and I hate EPIC more again.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #27
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Are you fucking kidding me about Guardian? What the fuck EPIC?

Also doesn't the infinite ammo mutator apply to the cleavers like it does the regular ones? If it doesn't then that's also bullshit and I hate EPIC more again.
No there is no way to get inf ammo for the elemental cleavers but there are ways to prolong their use like the comet mutator or executing enemies.

EDIT Actually you can kill with the snow cleaver in raven down without using it's ammo. When you swing it you see a gust of air shoot out in front of you and if you aim that gust at an enemy they flinch and blood comes out. 4 or 5 swing like that on a drone or smaller enemy kills them and counts towards the achievement without using ammo.

Also you should add a link to a thread that shows boosting methods (solo and group) for the horde fortifications for us who didn't bother maxing them out before the dlc.

Brohoof /)*(\
40000 GS reached 3/1/2014 Recon Battlefield 4 (Xbone)

Last edited by collin232; 03-27-2012 at 10:33 PM.
collin232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #28
The Maggot 55

Send a message via AIM to The Maggot 55 Send a message via MSN to The Maggot 55

Lord Scruff's Gamercard

Just recorded my Comet method using an alternate account and uploaded it. Was more to make sure it worked than anything. Sorry for the terrible quality - was doing it one handed.

The Maggot 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #29
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
Just a note for the elemental cleaver achievement. If you get lucky and get a bunch of tickers it is easily attainable in one round with only one buy of the cleaver. They count towards the achievement but don't take ammo off.

Edit: Whoops just noticed it already says something about that in the guide.

Last edited by thenutman69321; 03-27-2012 at 11:30 PM.
thenutman69321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #30
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Thanks for the good guide