PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > Forces of Nature
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #31
Maestro25

anyone try a private CTL on the new maps? maybe there's a glitch we could exploit!
Maestro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro25 View Post
anyone try a private CTL on the new maps? maybe there's a glitch we could exploit!

Good idea, it's worth a try seeing as I get CTL ribbons while playing Guardian.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
alanp9

alanp9's Gamercard
Nope, doesn't work.
alanp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
Maestro25

^ even with all bots filled up?
Maestro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #35
M1keX

M1ke HoLz1e's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro25 View Post
^ even with all bots filled up?
i can confirm it doesnt work, i got 15 kills as the leader but no achievement or skin unlock.

M1keX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #36
alanp9

alanp9's Gamercard
Even with all bots filled up.
alanp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #37
Nutmeg

Finally, I've got this! Almost with 2x overkill. 19 kills in a row. Nevertheless, lost that round
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #38
D_Sav

DoloDunDunIt's Gamercard
If anyone wants to try I'm down
GT: DoloDunDunIt
D_Sav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #39
Barklund

Fannicklas's Gamercard
It's one hard achievement that gets easy with 4 friends. If you don't have Gears friends, you better hope for private.
Barklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #40
danny

Got it tonight, stupid achievement. The trick is to do it with friends and have chat set to game, so you can ask the other team if they want to boost. Luckily within 2 games we managed to find a bunch of individuals who wanted to do the same.

Win 2 rounds each and keep stalemating the 3rd. Takes 10 minutes that way.

It was lucky because I was lagging my connection to hell to get a bot game but people still joined.

A stupid achievement for guardian, when you need the leader to not be a rambo. DLC achieves on the whole have been irritating and against the way gametypes should be played.
danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #41
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
I boosted this last night with a bunch of people, we just used the same method as Foreshadowing:

1. 5 people join the game
2. Party leader quit
3. The remaining 4 will be split up next round
4. Party leader and other boosters join via invite to fill up space whenever randoms quit
5. Eventually all the randoms will quit and then you can boost to your heart's content
eurytomid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #42
Phantom-Phive

Phantom Phive's Gamercard
I'm willing to try any method that works with a dedicated boosting party. Feel free to add me if you need another spot filled.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Phantom-Phive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:51 AM   #43
vayacondiosamigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorwing View Post

Just a thought. So we gather a team. We get into a ranked match and we send a message on the other team. If we can get them to co-operate we can get through it. So we discuss that let the other team's leader kill the other team and vice versa. ?
I did this in quick match. Got lucky.
vayacondiosamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #44
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Danny "Win 2 rounds each and keep stalemating the 3rd. Takes 10 minutes that way."

You dont have to Stalemate it, you let the bot team win till you play 5 rounds! It takes 5 rounds for everyone to Earn the "I got this" achi. if the other team is ALL bots!
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:54 AM   #45
Sickside85

S1CKNATUR3's Gamercard
I love the people saying 'GET GOOD AT THE GAME IF YOU WANT TO GET IT"

by get good, do you mean have a full party and have them not kill the leader, and down people so you can mop up the kills? yeah real skillful

I was watching a livestream of the best Gears of War team Infinity, and they did the exact thing mentioned above to get the skins so I doubt you got them solo or whatever unless you got extraordinarily lucky

Last edited by Sickside85; 03-29-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Sickside85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #46
phenixdwn

phenixdwn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickside85 View Post
I love the people saying 'GET GOOD AT THE GAME IF YOU WANT TO GET IT"

by get good, do you mean have a full party and have them not kill the leader, and down people so you can mop up the kills? yeah real skillful

I was watching a livestream of the best Gears of War team Infinity, and they did the exact thing mentioned above to get the skins so I doubt you got them solo or whatever unless you got extraordinarily lucky
LMAO it's Gears of War 3... there is no such thing as "being good at the game"

If you can aim with any assault rifle and get actives that's all you need. Connection wins shotty duels 95% of the time not strafe or wall bouncing.
phenixdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:05 AM   #47
Sickside85

S1CKNATUR3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdwn View Post
LMAO it's Gears of War 3... there is no such thing as "being good at the game"

If you can aim with any assault rifle and get actives that's all you need. Connection wins shotty duels 95% of the time not strafe or wall bouncing.

Sorry but that has nothing to do with anything I said, I was talking about the people saying this achievement takes skill to get, which it obviously doesn't

Also Atmo and J Ribs are pretty 'good at the game'

Last edited by Sickside85; 03-29-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Sickside85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #48
phenixdwn

phenixdwn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickside85 View Post
Sorry but that has nothing to do with anything I said, I was talking about the people saying this achievement takes skill to get, which it obviously doesn't

Also Atmo and J Ribs are pretty 'good at the game'
i know sorry. I just thought it was funny that anyone thinks they are "good" at Gears 3. Cause as I said... there is no such thing.
phenixdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #49
inventindascene

inventindascene's Gamercard
didnt get a lot of hits on the achievement trading..sooo...will be on 8 oclock tomorrow...add inventindascene to try and get this. got it for three other people today but someone just "happend" to kill the leader when it was my round or frags just fell from the sky
inventindascene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #50
TheMarkOfPower

TheMarkOfPower's Gamercard
you be the host with a party of 5 players in your lobby (you and 4 others to fill a side) and get a load of shit downloading on your pc. (multiple youtube videos, mp3, movies) then search quick match and it shoud easily give you an all bots guardian match due to a lagged connection. now simply work around the leader to ensure they survive and knock down enemies with retros n lancers for the leader to quickly finish off. if to many players jin the opposite side back out and do the same again. 4 of us go the achievement this way last night easy and fast
TheMarkOfPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #51
Quantum Binman

Quantum Binman's Gamercard
Find someone who defaults to the Asian servers... they are dead and we could control game lobbies within about 10minutes.

Was a VERY easy achievement - took about 45mins for all 6 people to get it.
Quantum Binman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #52
AdHominem

Thumbs down

oh my god, i hate this achievement! best thing, rod told in his live stream that anybody can get the achievement in private matches. well, f*** y**!

i played with a couple of friends yesterday, and we tried to do it "legit" (dont start a troll war here, by legit i mean without boosting). we dont even came close to the 10 kills. the best we did was 5 kills. the enemy leader always died and than you have no chance getting the cheevo.

we played about 3 hours, and thats 3 hours that i could use for weapon grinding! but yeah, i wasted 3 hours for absolutely nothing!

the worst part is, i DONT WANT to play online. so i ruin the game for the other players who want to play normal with their mates. i even encounter a clan and they try to play normal, but i only camped at the spawn and tried to get my 10 kills. sorry but it sucks. And i only hate the game even more.

i swear to god, if i got all the 2000/2000 GS, i will piss on my GoW 3 copy and then burn it to hell.

Completionist - currently 95% ~ 50.000GS

not finished:

- Dead or Alive 4 survival
- Mutant Storm reloaded
AdHominem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #53
MYSTERY O

MYSTERY O's Gamercard
I have a boosting session for today at 6PM specifically for this on TA. IF you need it, please join.
MYSTERY O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #54
LoreleiFrost

Lorelei Frost's Gamercard
My boyfriend and I are looking to get this tonight. I need two more for a party of 5. Send me or him a friend request. We'll be on all day...

GT Lorelei Frost
GT i am once was
LoreleiFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #55
wizardfire

chelseawinners's Gamercard
Anyone need another player for I've got this achievement ?
That's the only one I need and I've spent the last 6 hours yesterday and 3 hours tonight trying to do it legit and the best I've got is 4 kills as the enemy leader gets killed and that's the end of that,so if you need a player to boost this with then I'm in.

Gt is chelseawinners

I'm in the uk GMT time and online right now for a few hours..

wizardfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #56
Foxrider67

Atrocity F's Gamercard
You guys are making this achievement sound way harder than it is I did it and it was extremely easy.

Get a team of 5 or a team 3 having 2 people sign in guests than search for a Guardian quick match more than likely you will be put into a room with bots then just run around with your friends having them down every one and you kill the downed person, do this until you unlock the achievement then end the round.

Rinse and repeat this for how ever many people need or want the achievement its quite easy we did it for 5 people in about 15-20 minutes.

Last edited by Foxrider67; 03-29-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Foxrider67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #57
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I plan on getting two or three friends and getting on late so we enter an almost empty lobby. Once one of us gets leader the others will leave the game and join on the other team. Then my budies will just come find me and let me kill them. Done deal.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #58
Foxrider67

Atrocity F's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRugburn View Post
I plan on getting two or three friends and getting on late so we enter an almost empty lobby. Once one of us gets leader the others will leave the game and join on the other team. Then my budies will just come find me and let me kill them. Done deal.
You can have fun trying that the game hardly ever allows friends to play against you they will just be right back on your team do it the way myself (post above yours) and others have described its 10x simpler than trying to do what you said
Foxrider67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #59
Crawley innit

crawley innit's Gamercard
Anyone who wants to boost this achieve let me know I cant take it any more always getting up to 5/7 kills then the other teams leader dies! Or bots just kick my ass! Message me
GT: Crawley Innit I'll be on tommo after 3pm Uk
Crawley innit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 AM   #60
Dan261

Dan Ace X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Getting this achievement was... an experience. I had a boosting party and we kept joining games and backing out until we found a good one. In one game we joined, another team wanted to work together. Except they were only a party of 4 and one asshat messed it up.

We finally lucked out and got paired with bots. It was still intense, but we all got it. It's funny because the host of the party was the last one who needed it, and as soon as he became the leader a bunch of try hards joined. It was so damn close but he managed to get it.

Seriously 3.0
- 7/25/12
Dan261 is offline   Reply With Quote