PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Blind Fool

Send a message via MSN to Blind Fool Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Fool

Caecus Patronus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Poker Final Table
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Cheating online?

Hi all,

Been a long time since I last came here, but I'm hoping the community is as good and helpful as always;

I've just started playing this online more and more, but apart from my rather dire skills nowadays I seem to be getting beaten rather badly.

The question is, I know that cheats are available online (and despise them), but how common are they on MW3 Live if I just join random games?

Am I missing something when I watch the kill cam of someone strafing round a corner locked on me when I crouch walked to that location and haven't made a single sound?

Thanks all.
Blind Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
fallout frank

IIX DBO XII's Gamercard
Maybe missing the fact that this is not halo? Crouch walking into a corner without making a sound,as you put it, would not stop a good player from killing, or you from appearing on radar.

The fact is some people are very good at the game and you admittedly are not, it's usually those that are bad that blame hacks and such, though they do exist it is likely not the problem and if it was, there would be no question about it, you would know.

Last edited by fallout frank; 03-30-2012 at 10:24 AM.
fallout frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Am I missing something when I watch the kill cam of someone strafing round a corner locked on me when I crouch walked to that location and haven't made a single sound?
people strafe all of the time. its annoying at first but then you get used to it

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Fool View Post
Hi all,

Been a long time since I last came here, but I'm hoping the community is as good and helpful as always;

I've just started playing this online more and more, but apart from my rather dire skills nowadays I seem to be getting beaten rather badly.

The question is, I know that cheats are available online (and despise them), but how common are they on MW3 Live if I just join random games?

Thanks all.
It doesn't sound like what you experienced was a cheat, just some way people play. There are cheats in this game (just like any other CoD) but I don't believe that was one.

Cheap tactics are also referred to as being cheats by some people.
"We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout frank View Post
The fact is that you are bad and that I am making an assumption that you are bad without having actually played with you.
Fixed.

OT: Cheats aren't too common online, but boosters are. I don't think I've seen any of those hacks that have a ton of words/links to mod sites covering the screen or God Mode hacks, but recently the lobbies where shooting someone sends them into the air or flying back in the direction they were shot, sometimes off the map have grown in frequency rather rapidly.
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:

You're just dying by players that know what they're doing. Nothing more. I don't think there are any type of hacks for MW3 (yet) that actually helps a player, ie aimbot, wall hack, etc. Only the stupid ones where you get shot out of the map. If there's video proof of it on the 360 though, please show me. I'm sure the PC has some already. Please stop assuming that people are cheating just because you can't explain your death, especially when you are admittedly bad at the game. It really doesn't make any sense to do that when you even admitted to not being good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car
Fixed.
What Fallout said is true, though. The OP admitted to being bad at the game. It makes it even easier to say that he's just getting killed by good players when he's asking if he's dying by some type of hack. That alone is almost evidence enough to know he is just not a good player and has no idea what hacks really are.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
fallout frank

IIX DBO XII's Gamercard
Ice car, please read posts fully before attempting to be a smart ass. I made no assumption about his skill level, he admitted to having "rather dire skills nowadays" everything in my post was correct, and answered his question.
fallout frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #8
raptor_256

raptor256's Gamercard
its usually aim assist. aim at a wall near a corner, and the reticle will pull as a player runs around the corner.

another likely option is a higher sensitivity. allowing faster turning/target lock.

some people are just good at anticipating player movements/ spawns/ traffic areas. some will just use stalker and strafe every corner in iron sights
raptor_256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoochy View Post
It doesn't sound like what you experienced was a cheat, just some way people play. There are cheats in this game (just like any other CoD) but I don't believe that was one.

Cheap tactics are also referred to as being cheats by some people.
You haven't seen any people superjumping up to the sky and shooting you down or get outside the stage wall?
Isn't as loaded with cheaters like MW2 but they're there.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo View Post
You haven't seen any people superjumping up to the sky and shooting you down or get outside the stage wall?
Isn't as loaded with cheaters like MW2 but they're there.
Those don't help anybody to kill. There aren't aimbots/wallhacks/one-shot-kill/etc. Those don't exist on the console.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
i NatrlKilla i

Killa x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Those don't help anybody to kill. There aren't aimbots/wallhacks/one-shot-kill/etc. Those don't exist on the console.
No, but there's shit like this

Black Ops Multiplayer Updates Here

i NatrlKilla i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Edit.
The C&D is real, but the release of the mods was a hoax. They are to be kept private.

Last edited by iBuzz7S; 04-05-2012 at 01:17 PM.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20's Gamercard
Anticipation my friend. Always assume an enemy is near.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I wonder how long it'll take them to fix this...

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #15
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by i NatrlKilla i View Post
No, but there's shit like this
I know. But does that really help anybody? I'm not condoning it, but it's just them messing around with weird shit, and not aimbots and shit.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #16
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
There could have been a UAV in the air showing of your position unless you have assassin or someone could have heard your footsteps since they have turtle beaches. Or it could have just been pure luck. Mods that help the player aren't available yet and they probably won't be for years. Its most likely just because of your skill level.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #17
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Quote:
I know. But does that really help anybody? I'm not condoning it, but it's just them messing around with weird shit, and not aimbots and shit.
There was unlimited Ammo... A guy was using Noobtubes and RPGs in the video that was posted.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #18
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
There was unlimited Ammo...
I obviously don't condone it, I'm just saying that in my opinion, the one is worse than the other.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Quote:
I obviously don't condone it, I'm just saying that in my opinion, the one is worse than the other.
The only time that I don't give a damn with cheating is when it doesn't change the game for other people. So having Colored Classes, Unlimited Double XP, Modded Zombies, etc etc. When you actually start to alter my game, you can go die.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #20
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
This is just how it seems to be to me (im pretty sure its not). They immediately fix/ban users for having special titled classes and clan tags, etc. But they wont attempt fix to Xp hax and what not. This game feels too controlled, map design, clan tag limits, etc. Thats why I gave up on this game.

Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #21
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

10 days played prestige 12 76 and not encountered any single hacker/modder/cheater

Just because people sponge bullets doesnt mean god mode was activated

People nowadays just get so fucking butthurt because something simple to play make them believe they are gaming gods.

Edit: There was this one time when a cunt was under the map on Black box, but he fucking sucked anyway

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson

Last edited by Andreas_loel; 04-07-2012 at 01:38 AM. Reason: now wait a sec
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #22
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
The only cheating that I have experienced in this game was back when you were able to get under the map on Outpost. There may have been a lot more glitches and modding shit, but I stopped playing this shit a long time ago.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #23
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
Connection is a huge issue with this particular COD. I was in a lobby with two guys. Switching from on and off their team. They were the top two scorers in every match we played.

When I was against them, I could NEVER win in a shoot out. The game lagged me enough that they always got a few rounds off first. I imagine everyone else was at their mercy as they averaged 30+ kills a game. I followed them when they were on my team, they didn't do anything tactical. They just did the 'run and gun' and won nearly every shoot out.

When it's not lag, for me, it's simply an issue of going against a team who uses communication to whip on the randoms.

Sometimes I'll see someone who can get into an inaccessible area, but that's rare.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #24
Lucy Big Bells

Lucy Big Bells's Gamercard
iv notice alot more modded pads out there doing dropshots
Lucy Big Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #25
essentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_256 View Post
its usually aim assist. aim at a wall near a corner, and the reticle will pull as a player runs around the corner.

another likely option is a higher sensitivity. allowing faster turning/target lock.

some people are just good at anticipating player movements/ spawns/ traffic areas. some will just use stalker and strafe every corner in iron sights
This pretty much sums it up. I don't play MW3 anymore but when I did it became pretty easy to predict where players would be or spawn.

Also, this is probably a silly question but how do you know they didn't have a UAV or motion sensor to find you?
essentre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #26
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Big Bells View Post
iv notice alot more modded pads out there doing dropshots
wait what? How would a modded "pad" make a drop shot any better?

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #27
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks all.
To get mods into the game you would need a rgh or jtag online and only like 10 people have them.only cheating you will see on mass scales is boosting .

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #28
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
wait what? How would a modded "pad" make a drop shot any better?
The pad auto does it for you ..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
SilentStrike011

if you walk round corners expecting someone to be there and only sprint in the way it's made for, to run to cover, you're more likely to get the chance to pull the trigger first and kill the other player. If you run round a corner and get seen, you're going to get killed.

Most of the time, unless there's some idiot running round with a shotgun with a stupid range, it comes down to players reaction time.

It amazes me how serious some players of this game are and how badly they react when getting fairly beat. If they get beaten off someone they must be cheating somehow.

I shot some absolutely terrible player about 25 times in one match and he bombarded with messages saying he'd reported me for cheating, i felt inclined to politely point out that i wasn't cheating and he was just shit.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #30
bulock3

Frogpunch1970's Gamercard
Disconnects during a kill streak (team or mine) make me rage.. wife gets scared.
cheap asses
bulock3 is offline   Reply With Quote