PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > South Park: Tenorman's Revenge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Spengler PhD

HigHToWeR JvS's Gamercard
Hard!

I've been using this website for a couple of years now and this is the first time I've ever felt compelled to start my own thread.

The game is hard, like DAMN hard, not even fun hard, they really make it so you can't play alone, you have to play with 3 other people (or you do if you want all the achievements anyway)

Good luck going for the 200, the first level alone seems like a joke so far, maybe I need to play it in co-op but so far the 200 seems almost impossible!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:34 AM   #2
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
I agree completely. Very few fun moments in single player sadly

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 AM   #3
Red Testament

Red Testament's Gamercard
Definitely need another player to play this game. I could only beat the 3rd level boss with teammates. I could probably do it now, but it was a pain in the ass the first few times I tried it.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
Jeesp

Jeesp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It gets easier after a while, atleast it did for me. Kyle's flash hair ability thingy is really useful as it stuns robots.
Jeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
I remember when people were saying how hard Castlevania HD was when it first came out, especially solo. But once everyone learned the levels like the back of their hand and completed them over and over again, levels that once took 10-15+ minutes to complete, then took under 5 minutes to complete.

I haven't really got a good chance to play this game, but i'm sure that if you get a good group of players together, and know the level well, that it won't seem too hard as originally thought to be.
My Twitch - www.twitch.tv/das_belmont/profile
9 Upload videos featured on the Xbox One Upload App so far and 740+ followers.
Le Vampyr  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
KashThePriest

KashThePriest's Gamercard
I've played the first level solo and it was really easy. I then played the first level on 4 player local co-op and it was hard. I used the same people that I did the 200gs for tower defence which was easy so the team is no slouch.

So personally I am only doing 4 player for the cheevs but finding it to be easier solo, I pretty much beat the first boss by myself, cos the others died and honestly solo I woulda had better camera angles
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
vVLelouchVv

vVLelouchVv's Gamercard
the game is hard even worse in the later levels i just found a friend and beat the game so far im at 160/200 and i hope ill get the rest today
Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
KashThePriest

KashThePriest's Gamercard
I can only see 2 cheevs that are going to be a nightmare for me. Getting the gold medals and completing every level without dying. Those two are going to be tough and of course the gold medals means that the time cores will be tough too as the last time core is getting gold in that level.
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #9
vVLelouchVv

vVLelouchVv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KashThePriest View Post
I can only see 2 cheevs that are going to be a nightmare for me. Getting the gold medals and completing every level without dying. Those two are going to be tough and of course the gold medals means that the time cores will be tough too as the last time core is getting gold in that level.
just join someone's game and beat it and it will count as you finishing it without dying and gold is not that hard i got gold solo on all levels and got my 200/200 the other day
Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #10
Mrryan12

Mr steamwhistle's Gamercard
I am not even half finished this game yet, and already I have no motivation to complete it. I bought this, mainly for SP jokes and non-sense, but I haven't even had many laughs at all. But than there is the gameplay... Terrible level design, awkward combat mechanics, and at this point I have to replay levels to unlock new levels. Than when I finally come close to beating a level, some stupid BS moment happens, and you have to replay the whole level, after just playing it. It got old really quick. I just discovered Bastion, and that is an incredible game. This game could have been good, it just needed a bit more thought, and lots more polishing. If you aren't going to sell good gameplay, at least sell us the SP laughter we expected. This one can go down as another failed title, that hides behind it's liscencing.
Mrryan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #11
Kmac Triple

Kmac Triple's Gamercard
@ #10

"Terrible level design"? It's a basic run & jump game like Super Mario Bros. "Awkward combat mechanics"? You jump on enemies or hit them with a simple weapon. The only time I've had to replay a level after dying was because I had no lives left and had to continue. This game isn't that bad or that hard. The only reason why you find it subpar is because you're not willing to explore. Seems like you're just bashing this superb game because you're bad at it and you're not willing to put any time into it.
Kmac Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
IIISETIII

xFrankWhite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmac Triple View Post
"Terrible level design"? It's a basic run & jump game like Super Mario Bros. "Awkward combat mechanics"? You jump on enemies or hit them with a simple weapon. The only time I've had to replay a level after dying was because I had no lives left and had to continue. This game isn't that bad or that hard. The only reason why you find it subpar is because you're not willing to explore. Seems like you're just bashing this superb game because you're bad at it and you're not willing to put any time into it.
The game is being slammed by just about everyone. I don't agree with it either. It's not the best arcade title I've played but I wouldn't say that it's horrible. Also, I don't think it's nearly as difficult as some are making it sound. It has nothing on Splosion Man as far as difficulty goes.
IIISETIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #13
Perfect Crime

Perfect Crime's Gamercard
I'm getting it tonight. I enjoyed all the South Park games, for N64 and the Go Tower Defense game. This doesn't look too terrible, but like all South Park titles, is probably only okay. I'm sure it's not too terrible, especially with friends. I'll probably only play with friends anyways.
Perfect Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #14
ikaruga

celestial purge's Gamercard
this game is pure shit. people who claim otherwise are just trying to justify wasting money it. one of the worst... ever.
ikaruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #15
veener79

veener79's Gamercard
I got very frustrated with this game when I first got it. Now today I started to play it again after the update. Now I am having a hard time putting it down. Just got off the poo poo train. Not sure if I am even half way done yet.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
Scrummy64

Scrummy64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by veener79 View Post
I got very frustrated with this game when I first got it. Now today I started to play it again after the update. Now I am having a hard time putting it down. Just got off the poo poo train. Not sure if I am even half way done yet.
The Poo-Choo Train? You're only about a quarter of the way through :P
Old 06-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
SpinalSynopsis

SpinalSynopsis's Gamercard
This game is not hard, it's LONG. You must be rushing through it like a madman or something and dying a ton. I didn't rush while I was searching for the Mega-men and never once got below 25 lives. (EDIT: I must admit, I didn't start playing the game until after the update.......so maybe that's that problem, not being able to switch characters during the level?)

Patience is a virtue too few many people possess.

Last edited by SpinalSynopsis; 06-15-2012 at 03:59 PM.
SpinalSynopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #18
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
From what I can see the update didn't make this game itself any easier, just some of the achievements. I can't even fathom why people say this game is hard. Extremely time consuming maybe but also extremely easy.

Pretty decent game for what it is. A simple platformer.

Edit: Just read the full change log and some of the changes definitely do make the game much easier. Shame I didn't pick it up before the update, I think I would have liked it even more if it were harder.

Last edited by thenutman69321; 06-25-2012 at 10:56 PM.
thenutman69321 is offline   Reply With Quote