PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warriors Orochi 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
DLC weapon disappointment...

I don't know about other people, but I find myself rather disappointed when I pay for a DLC for this game (granted the dlc is nice and the price is fair, that's not the issue remotely so please don't start arguing that) and the weapons that are unlocked after the stages aren't even as good as the character's strongest in-game weapon in almost every case, and is NEVER stronger than them.
No, I'm not simply trying to pay to win in the game, but if I'm paying for a DLC item, it should at least be on par with, or the same stats as the weapons I'd be using otherwise... I rather like, for example, the DLC weapon we just got for Ayane. Except the attack on it is so disturbingly low for being a paid for weapon, and it doesn't even get a special effect on the weapon.
I mean, I can understand the first weapon pack not having big star weapon stats, since those were originally free from promotions in Japan and something they didn't really need to add to the game in our region. But... Not the ones that are planned DLC for everywhere, and not just promos.

I'm not trying to whine about wanting more power, but my opinion on it is that if I'm paying for a DLC, and it comes with weapons I think look cool, I shouldn't have to choose to use a lower stat weapon just to look better given how the weapons are obtained in the first place. Especially when 4 star weapons aren't even good in the normal game, and the DLC ones don't count toward the achievement which is all 4 stars are good for.

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just expecting too much?
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Cifer Almasy

Cifer Almasy's Gamercard
Have you maxed its Compatibilty?
Most of the DLC Weapons start freaking low and get lots of Bonus later.

In the end they are just Skins for Big Star Weapons... but they are bundled with stages, so I bought them and enjoy more Diversity regarding weapons. In other words: I'm not disappointed!
Cifer Almasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 AM   #3
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Yes, but there's two tiers of DLC weapons, big star weapons which I don't mind and actually prefer, and 4 star tier weapons which have crap stats. Ayane's for example, her DLC weapon, which is my favorite weapon that she has and it's only 4 star tier, so it only gets a bonus of about 20-30 from compatibility coupled with the already low base stats for all Ayane weapons. Not the +54 that a big star weapon gets.

Which is what I was pointing out, ALL of them should have been big star tier if I'm paying extra money for them.

I understand all too well how the compatibility system works, having only 10 characters without a max compatibility big star weapon.

Last edited by Onyxflamegod; 01-22-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
chiperdipper

chiperdipper's Gamercard
Yeah I thought that the DLC stages were pretty good but the weapons were just terrible. Even though the price was reasonable for the DLC, it still just sucked.
chiperdipper is offline   Reply With Quote