PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #31
ABD CakeTime

abd caketime's Gamercard
Concerning kills, I believe the game awards them based on damage dealt rather than the killing blow, with some powers taking priority. For example, if player A Overloads a Geth at full shields, they'll strip the shield and do considerable damage. If player B then puts a sniper round into the Geth, it dies and player B is awarded the kill with player A receiving a hefty Assist bonus. Another example: Player A uses Reave, followed by player B firing a charged shotgun blast with Warp ammo, player A is highly likely to receive the kill for using Reave even though player B downed it. I could be entirely wrong, but I keep seeing things like the examples I described.

My only bad experiences come from not having buddies to play matches with consistently. My team is always random people, they are often just as terrible as they are awesome. I've only run into one person who yelled at me for being a Vanguard in the menu screen, referencing kill steals, but nothing came of it. I always run off on my own when playing Vanguard so I'm almost never in a position to actually steal any kills unless someone foolishly decides to follow me.

I can understand getting annoyed at Vanguards who Charge + Nova the same group the rest of the team is fighting, but I get more annoyed that they're not off killing another squad around the corner instead. One Vanguard performing flanking duty while the other 3 team members go loud can bust up every wave with ease.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #32
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystixx Foxx View Post
Most annoying thing would be for me that I haven't found out how to mute spesific players yet, if it's even possible. I just had a match with someone who was obviously messing around with plastic bags or w.e, then suddently an alarm clock went off, and a door bell, (imagine getting cut to pieces by a brute and fed to a banshee, and then a door bell rings)
The only way I've found to do it is before the match starts.. You can click on the player, bring up his gamer card and scroll down to Mute.. Once the game starts.. no luck. If a player is in a lobby clearly being a douche I'll mute him before the game starts. I've had a few instances where guys get grouchy and tell everyone else how to play after it starts which is annoying.. My N7 is around 170 now and I think I know how to play pretty well. One time it sounded as if a guy had a crowd cheering and clapping after he gets a kill.. Like his whole family, kids too, were having a big party. Pretty funny but also annoying to suddenly have a roar of hooting and yelling.
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #33
Tsuarn

Tsuarn's Gamercard
something else i saw today that pissed me off.

- A host that has a bad connection and making the rest of us lag.
- Nova spam... is nova crazy overpowerd or are they just idiots/noobs/lazy?
- people leaving in the middle of a game. Trying to finish a silver game with 3 people is not funny!
Tsuarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #34
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpelt View Post
I'd have to see how you play to either support or reject this. I pretty much exclusively play gold, and to do a gold run successfully you need to hold a position with classes that work well together and include someone with serious crowd control skills such as a salarian engineer. That said, anybody that doesn't get their hands dirty and help with a hack is dead to me.
I totally agree. We were playing on bronze. These guys tended to avidly avoid the rest of the team, have seen it with a few different guys in different games. Bronze isn't difficult, but later waves you still need a team effort. And unless we happen to have a hack near the guys campsites, none of them were anywhere near us or supporting the team in any way.

This to me is as useless as the credit farmers hiding in a corner and going out for a smoke, AFK. Only insignificant bonus being that they at least took out an occasional enemy that walked in front of them but that was about it. They weren't contributing much. I was half expecting these guys to have a pitched tent and a small cook fire going.

Quote:

Again, this is circumstantial for me. The xp gained by everybody is divided equally between the group, so "kill stealing" shouldn't be an issue as long as the enemies are going down. In fact it's well worth noting that you get more xp for 50 revives than you do for 50 kills. That said however, if somebody is genuinely trying to hog all of your kills, they probably aren't meting out damage across the entire field of enemies or assuming their share of the aggro, which is ultimately bad for the team.
Once again I totally agree, when you have someone following you doing nothing at all until an enemy is down to the last nibble of health then comes "charging to the rescue" .... that does get rather annoying. Just a point grab. These are the same guys that tend to run around solo and get downed while the rest of the team is covering hacks. I understand that whoever deals the most damages gets the most points in the kill even if it's an assist. It's mostly the principle I find annoying.

I generally don't care if someone finishes an enemy I've widdled down, so long as it's not blatantly and consistently stealing and we're not getting overwhelmed or a flank is left open by some dude downed who idiotically never takes cover and runs/charges too far out to be revived without putting the team at unnecessary risk.

Personally I stick with sentinel and engineer a lot, I'll spend most of my time blasting shields and barriers so my teammates can finish them off, if it's guys who are working cohesively.

Quote:

Ugh. Yes. As niko said, possibly in this very thread, just let them bleed out. By wave three or four they've usually either got with the program or quit. Either is fine by me. It can definitely be a positive part of the learning experience to spend a few rounds in spectator mode once you've been butchered, so you can watch your teammates do things properly.

Learn. Or Die.

I like that.

Quote:
Classic interpretation of usefulness as meaning "willing to enable me to continue being a scrub".
LMFAO!!!

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 04-02-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Drell adept burn in hell

people who cry about "their kills" when everybody splits the XP pot at the end... morrons, i can walk away with 200+ assist and not 1 kill and i wouldnt care. know why? because i still got the same credits and XP you did.

terrible randoms. they need to do the single player or something, which is pretty sad considering this is mass effect.. somebody who plays the MP before single player on mass effect should get the chair lol.

Quote:

Ugh. Yes. As niko said, possibly in this very thread, just let them bleed out. By wave three or four they've usually either got with the program or quit. Either is fine by me. It can definitely be a positive part of the learning experience to spend a few rounds in spectator mode once you've been butchered, so you can watch your teammates do things properly.
lol dont get me wrong im a great team player to good teammates. i will always revive and run over to help if i hear your char say "shields down!" but once they prove otherwise, im not wasting my time babysitting. if you're going down a lot, take cover more often. i dont care if you arent getting kills, you are more use to us when you arent spending half the game on the floor. if its an objective round, stop killing infinite spawns omg. i feel like im the only person who gets the objective done sometimes. if you stop to shoot EVERY person there is no way we will have enough time. just sprint to the objective.

my whole thing is like you said, by a couple rounds they either quit or get with the program. spend a couple rounds spectating and see how to play without falling down every 30 seconds. i mean its almost like a domino affect, by them constantly falling down i have more enemies focused on me. now at this point why would i want to risk my life for somebody who will probably fall down again in 30 seconds?

Last edited by niko da bos; 04-02-2012 at 04:07 PM.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #36
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Learn. Or Die.

I like that.
Alternatively, die, then learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
somebody who plays the MP before single player on mass effect should get the chair lol.
Not the chair! I haven't played the single player yet. Haven't even created a character. I was holding out for two main reasons, firstly I've been waiting for the import issue on faces imported from ME1 to ME2 then ME3 to get patched, and secondly I'm planning on starting the single player with all War Assets, so I'll need some more MP promotions. I know what you mean though, and you know from the ME1 and ME2 forums that I got love for the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
lol dont get me wrong im a great team player to good teammates. i will always revive and run over to help if i hear your char say "shields down!" but once they prove otherwise, im not wasting my time babysitting. if you're going down a lot, take cover more often. i dont care if you arent getting kills, you are more use to us when you arent spending half the game on the floor. if its an objective round, stop killing infinite spawns omg. i feel like im the only person who gets the objective done sometimes. if you stop to shoot EVERY person there is no way we will have enough time. just sprint to the objective.

my whole thing is like you said, by a couple rounds they either quit or get with the program. spend a couple rounds spectating and see how to play without falling down every 30 seconds. i mean its almost like a domino affect, by them constantly falling down i have more enemies focused on me. now at this point why would i want to risk my life for somebody who will probably fall down again in 30 seconds?
Exactly, and nobody got you wrong, this is being a good teammate. Just like sometimes being a good parent is putting your brat on a time out.

Last edited by Ratpelt; 04-03-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Ratpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #37
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
Ditto on the score whoring. I was one of two infiltrators on the team, finished the match, no problem. Post match I ended up with like 120 kills while the other infiltrator only had the bronze 25 kill badge. Which rounded out to 62k exp vs 11k including assists, objectives and revives.

He messaged me saying I was "blocking" his sights and that he was a superior infiltrator.
I mean 62k... vs 11k? The guy above him had 28k. One of the most lame attempts to cover up a shitty performance I've ever seen. And the worst part? I revived him 5 times during the match.

edit: And now that I think of it, I'm really surprised by the type of people who are attracted to this game, I mean there's some real foul Cod / Halo shit going on in the lobby, which is even more hilarious given it's co-op. I guess EA's attempt to broaden the games' market sure did work...

Do you think guys like that just saw an ad and went "shoop do whoop lazors multilplox!!!1"
I thought the market for Mass Effect of all things would have been more...cerebral. I guess multiplayer brings out the worst in people.

Last edited by Vault Lad; 04-03-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Vault Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #38
Kit-103

IxI Kit IxI's Gamercard
Eh. The funniest one was yesterday.

Was running with my Salarian Engineer to level him up for Operation: RAPTOR and two people were bitching about how I wasn't using the class right...in Bronze. I lol'd.

If it's Silver or Gold then yeah, I'll throw on my tryhard pants and equip my best gear and play "right" but if I'm in lolBronze, don't expect me to take the match super seriously. I mean I'll still help with the objectives and revive downed team-mates but don't expect me to run around with a Geth Plasma Shotgun or the Widow and one shot everything.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:32 AM   #39
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I never had an issue with finding a game that didn't start pretty quick until tonight. I spent 15 minutes jumping game to game with people who wouldn't start.
I think maybe it was the time I was playing it 5 pm-7 pm cst. I usually play later at night or weekends and run into it on occassion.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #40
Aronsky

Aronsky's Gamercard
Aside from glitches my only problem with multiplayer is when I get kicked out of matches repeatedly. It's not because I'm too low level either. Just guys who can't wait thirty seconds while you sort out your character, groups of friends who set up a public match instead of a private match, and of course my favorite: the assholes who don't like the class I have selected and kick me rather than plugging in their damn mics and saying "hey switch to this class".
Aronsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #41
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
Last couple of days I'm getting more and more of these trolls who actually tease you with doing nothing. They run around, block your sight, take ammo crates or die on purpose during the last wave. It's fucking ridiculous, that the game does not feature an ingame kick-option or at least autokicks player with 0 points after several waves ...
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #42
The Grizzly Ambush

Grizzly Ambush's Gamercard
I haven't had too many bad experiences playing the multiplayer. The worst thing that happened to me was getting disconnected from the EA server right as I was extracting in a silver mission. That almost made me stop playing it all together. I haven't had anyone do nothing in a match on purpose yet, but I have had plenty of people do nothing on accident, which I find to be even more annoying.
The Grizzly Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #43
Nami

Send a message via MSN to Nami

Cronaa's Gamercard
It doesn't happen as often anymore but something that used to irritate me was Vanguards. It seemed like people who used it had just beaten the game on Vet using that BioCharge / Nova tactic and thought to themselves that it would work online. Flying across the map with there BioCharge then realizing they were overwhelmed and die. Problem was the retards would continue to do knowing full well that it wasn't working. I play online with my a friend now and if we see someone doing that and dying each wave we will stop reviving them.

Also players who refuse to revive you even though your at their feet.
And players who play on Gold/Silver and run away from the group trying to show their superiority for about 20 seconds until they're dead. I don't see how hard it is to stick with the group it doesn't matter about your score as long as it gets done.

Nothing amazing ever happens here. Only the ordinary

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #44
The Grizzly Ambush

Grizzly Ambush's Gamercard
I agree with you Nami. Human Vanguards can be damn good if the person playing it knows what they're doing. In my opinion Human Vanguards really have no business in gold missions anyway. The only Vanguard that ends up being worthwhile is the Asari because of stasis.
The Grizzly Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 AM   #45
PhoenixWolfCub

PhoenixWolfCub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Ugh I've had a ton of bad experiences like this, besides the modded map one (haven't had that one yet, now I'll have to keep a closer eye on my matches!) I think I've had all of these at least once.

Just in the last week:

-Some douche that readied up and then sat at the load in point the entire match soaking xp and credits. THEN when the match is over, he readies for the next one right away. Um no, kicked.

-Playing any of my Vanguards and getting that stupid glitch that makes you float above the world, shake on the screen, or float above cover. So much fun... -_- Oh, and add to that playing any class/character and abilities suddenly not doing damage, or not working on button hit, guns not doing damage etc. That is annoying.

-Playing my class for silver/gold that is mainly debuff/crowd control/medic specced and getting yelled at by a charge happy Vanguard that decides charging 4 Primes with 5 pyros around it and dying instantly is a good thing, and why haven't I gotten over there to revive him yet... when he's at the other end of the damn map from the rest of us... *smh*

-Getting booted from a game on my crowd control/debuff/medic character for having the lowest score from score whores. I pull my own weight, and get kills when I can, I also try to prioritize reviving and keeping everyone fighting, debuffing the heck out of the armored targets, and freezing or breaking up the difficult targets. I make your kills easier to get. So sorry if I don't act like you and run out in the middle of crowds just to steal that 1 bar of health enemy that someone else is shooting and die all over the damn place. :P

-Getting insulted about my Drell Adept being the worst/suckiest class, when I at the very least doubled your score with it. Not so much suck now I guess?

-Idiots that don't know how to detonate on an armored target to chunk out that armor and ruin my detonate set ups, making the target die much slower and often wipe us. Yay!

*shakes head* Getting to the point where if there is an opportunity to get a private group I jump for it, these idiots in random are just... is there a perpetual full moon I don't know about? lol A lot of my friends don't play this game though and the friends I've made only play it occasionally on MP, so have to deal with the headaches until I get a more regular group that knows what the heck they're doing. ><

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Gackt. Ty so much!

<<<<I no longer have either of the Fable games available, sorry. PLEASE do not contact me about achievements for these two games, or they will be ignored at this point. Thank you!>>>>

Last edited by PhoenixWolfCub; 04-04-2012 at 02:17 AM.
PhoenixWolfCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #46
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolfCub View Post
-Some douche that readied up and then sat at the load in point the entire match soaking xp and credits. THEN when the match is over, he readies for the next one right away. Um no, kicked.
the few times this happens ii'll just quit out after round 2, i understand stuff comes up so i'll give them a wave to come back, but if it's clear they aren't i just quit before any money rounds and advise the rest of the team to do the same, damned if i'm earning even a single credit for a sponge
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #47
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolfCub View Post
Getting booted from a game on my crowd control/debuff/medic character for having the lowest score from score whores. I pull my own weight, and get kills when I can, I also try to prioritize reviving and keeping everyone fighting, debuffing the heck out of the armored targets, and freezing or breaking up the difficult targets. I make your kills easier to get. So sorry if I don't act like you and run out in the middle of crowds just to steal that 1 bar of health enemy that someone else is shooting and die all over the damn place. :P
This has been happening to me lately as well. The last few nights i have been playing bronze to test out different power/weapon setups i don't usually play and as a result i'm usually at the bottom of the points list. 3 times i was either kicked or told off for being a 'crap player' despite always healing others and helping out with the objectives. In one game i was even playing with my Asari Adept, and putting the assassination targets in stasis to make it easier for the others using sniper rifles.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #48
I3east Lig3r

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Getting the Anti-Air Gun I
I3east Lig3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #49
JayMax

JayMax's Gamercard
Having played MP for quite awhile, there isn't much I'd qualify as a bad experience in ME3's multiplayer. That is until this weekend, during Operation Raptor...

One thing that has occurred to me of late is the paradox that's come to be based on play styles that some players hate. Meaning Vanguards, 'kill stealers', and boosters. I've played enough of the mp that when I hop in a game, I know what to expect, and have become a bit jaded. When I get into a room, and it's full of the over aggressive type players that race one another to get every kill, I just hang back. Running like a pack of idiots all for the same kill, is the surest way to killed in the game. So I just hang back over a choke point, and just shoot whatever crosses my path, picking up those that get dropped.

This often leads to some players thinking I'm boosting. Which I think is funny, because if I go out on the field, I'm probably stealing a kill. Since some people still haven't learned WE ALL GET THE SAME EXP at the end, I don't care who gets the most kills. The only time I kick my game back into gear, is the objective rounds. In those rounds, I don't give a crap if you get butt hurt over kill stealing. I want it accomplished as fast as possible, so I get the most credits. Once the objective round is over, I'll hang back, only shooting what comes towards my way. Everyone is happy.

I get into one such bronze game on Firebase Dagger. I get into my favorite spot in the tunnel. The other 3 make the mad scramble to beat one another to kills. Eventually some enemies come from the left, I take them out. As I head back to my spot, an enemy walks in my path, I put a bullet in it's head, & sit. Next round starts I get a message, "your pr--ck". Seems someone was after that ONE enemy, and now his day is now ruined.

I ignore it, just chill. When some enemies spawn on two sides of me, and I get downed. No one revives me. No big deal. Next round, one of the players sits in the wheelhouse sniping, he goes down. I run over revive him, but I get downed. He looks at me, then goes back go to sniping. Next round, same guy gets downed, I run over and revive him. Kill a few enemies, and go back and chill. Objective rounds hit, I go nuts with my Vanguard, speeding up getting the targets, then chill. Finally the Extraction round hits, I'm holding the tunnel with my Mattok & shockwave, to keep enemies from the extraction point. Eventually enemies come from the right ( behind ), I get downed. No one comes to revive me again, ...ON THE EXTRACTION ROUND!!! So we get a partial extraction, and then kick me from the game!

This is on bronze. Moral, as you've heard. Play with friends. On bronze, you get pinheads. With friends, we farm Gold for 70K credits in 28 minutes.

People talk a lot about the 'community' of ME3. I think they confuse the dedicated fans of the single player, with the new fans now in multiplayer. No matter what the community, there will always be pinheads.

On a side note, I also believe there are very good Vanguard players. They can be used in Silver, but it's a bit dicey in Gold where more strategic play rules. I've often refer to my playing Vanguard, as being the laziest Vanguard. I use a Mattok or Carnifex, shooting from a distance, only charging into single weakened enemies. Vanguards are strong offensive characters who can help speed things along on any team. As long as the Vanguard player doesn't treat the 'Y' button, like they've missed their daily dose of ritalin.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #50
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

My bitch is the weapon ranks... I've got almost every weapon up to 10 and they're about the ssame stats as they were at 1. Some may carry more rounds ( woo hoo), but non have anything that says "level 10. bend over and grab em".
I hate the douche licker than has to have his tv up loud enough to come over everyone's speakers and muffle out the actual game.
Then there's the queer that sits in the pregame lobby talking and inthe not ready possition. you'll ask him to ready up and he'll jump your ass....Pisser onthat is you can't get the other to boot him either....
You have the tool who goes through lvl 10 and ready for extraction, just to die out and quit and fuck everyone out of the game.
And finally the non-player glitch....If you purchase a pack and are in the process of selecting and the host drops, it kicks you out of the "store" and you lose the creds without getting to get anything.
Glad I am done withe MP aspect...
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #51
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
And finally the non-player glitch....If you purchase a pack and are in the process of selecting and the host drops, it kicks you out of the "store" and you lose the creds without getting to get anything.
Had that happen to me as well when I was purchasing a Spectre pack. Wasn't a happy bunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #52
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
I haven't seen anything like kicking players with low scores. I don't think it'd be aimed at me, since I'm usually either the first or second best (unless the scores are all pretty close), but I've never been part of a team that wanted to boot someone that scored low unless they actually did suck at the game. Maybe that's more common in Bronze, since it seems that it's mostly competent people attempting silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMax View Post
*snip lengthy rant*
You're exactly the kind of person I would boot. You don't stay near the group, so if you died, it's be a pain in the ass to rez you. If one of us dies, you're not in a position to rez anyone. You only kill enemies that come to you. The only time that it sounds like you participate in the battle is during the objective rounds.

The other guys aren't "racing each other to the kills," they're working together to actually get to the end of the wave while you hide in a tunnel. You might be useful if the team's strategy is to sit back and defend a fortified location, but if you're not playing with a group adopting that strategy, then you're not contributing, and you are basically leaching off of everyone else.

If you can't adjust your playstyle to the group you're playing with, then why should you be playing with them at all?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #53
WeapDog

OG WeapDog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Four distinct types of players I hate (no particular order)

1 - Crappy team mates - don't play gold, go be a noob on bronze instead
2 - Team mates who drop out, especially on wave one - go die in a hole
3 - Krogans and Turians
4 - Vanguards (No you can't take out 3 primes simultaneously with charge+nova+charge+nova+charge+nova+charge+nova)

That is all. Ok thx

XBL - OG WeapDog
WeapDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #54
Zymesh

Zymesh's Gamercard
People should know when to retreat when over run and flanked. I dont know why some on Gold keeps on defending a place like its the extraction point while knowing there are enemies all around the flank and in the defensive positions.

Sometimes as well, you need to clear out the enemies before Rez. I hate people complaining that you didnt Rez them even if your just a foot away. Enemies need to be cleared first or at least lose aggro on me to Rez you properly. Theres a reason why Bioware created the spam "A" button to slow the death timer.

Leechers i hate as well. I prefer leaving the match even before the first objective occurs. SO when they still wont move on the second wave i quit the match.

Battlefield 3 Stats
Zymesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #55
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
I don't know what game everyone is playing here, but in my time with the MP (N7 rating 140 something, so I've played a fair amount), I have encountered two, yes, two people with plugged in mics. So all this "complaining about my low scores even though I'm reviving everyone", or "yelling at me when I ask them to ready up", is foreign to me. The two people that had mics ended up being very enjoyable to chat with, and I ended up friending them to play again some day. Either I'm lucky, or these are gross exaggerations.

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #56
JJPV71

JJPV71's Gamercard
Public boosting is sometimes annoying..for example MW3 Tactical Insertion boosting...guys are sitting in a corner killing each other 60 times...And of course "Friendly Fire" in Hardcore-games...Can't we all just get along ? LOL
JJPV71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #57
Zymesh

Zymesh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJPV71 View Post
Public boosting is sometimes annoying..for example MW3 Tactical Insertion boosting...guys are sitting in a corner killing each other 60 times...And of course "Friendly Fire" in Hardcore-games...Can't we all just get along ? LOL

dont you get the same XP for everyone after the end of the match? Even if you were just leeching, you will still get the same XP? I dont think we can call this boosting but instead piggybacking. finishing a match with only 3 active players is a chore. I dont get why someone would just sit down or hide somewhere and not help and consider that boosting? It would be faster and easier if that leecher guy goes around like a moving decoy or something even if he doesnt shoot back. at least theres someone getting Aggro.

Battlefield 3 Stats
Zymesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #58
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
There have been occasions where I've preferred people to quit out because they're doing so bad. I've also quit out of some games due to heavy lag as well. When you're having a hard time hitting enemies because they're all teleporting everywhere like banshees, and your grabs make the familiar sound but don't actually kill (or even pull) the enemy, then it seems quite pointless to continue and ruin everyone else's game. I for one don't want to be that guy who gets carried by the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymesh View Post
Sometimes as well, you need to clear out the enemies before Rez. I hate people complaining that you didnt Rez them even if your just a foot away. Enemies need to be cleared first or at least lose aggro on me to Rez you properly. Theres a reason why Bioware created the spam "A" button to slow the death timer.
Yeah, that vanguard who charges right into two primes and 5 miscellaneous enemies can't understand why you're not rushing over to pick his sorry ass up... again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymesh View Post
Leechers i hate as well. I prefer leaving the match even before the first objective occurs. SO when they still wont move on the second wave i quit the match.
If I'm in a game with friends (with 1-2 public slots) then leaving isn't much of an option. I'd rather we just fail the objective and kick the guy out when we're back in the lobby, and hope that we get someone who actually plays will join our team. We have zero tolerance for parasites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansathan View Post
I don't know what game everyone is playing here, but in my time with the MP (N7 rating 140 something, so I've played a fair amount), I have encountered two, yes, two people with plugged in mics. So all this "complaining about my low scores even though I'm reviving everyone", or "yelling at me when I ask them to ready up", is foreign to me. The two people that had mics ended up being very enjoyable to chat with, and I ended up friending them to play again some day. Either I'm lucky, or these are gross exaggerations.
It was luck; no exaggeration at all. I've had the good fortune of playing gold with some very decent random players as well, but the chance of that happening is about the same as getting an ultra rare from a spectre pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #59
v SnOwMaN v

CW Rozay's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yea.....not being able to win a gold map.

U N P L U G Y A E T H E R N E T B O Y

v SnOwMaN v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #60
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Alternatively, die, then learn
A good sensei, Death.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote