PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Far Cry 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
UpgradePolecat

UpgradePolecat's Gamercard
Question regarding deranking and loadouts, for the Warlord glitch.

I made this a separate thread so that it gets enough attention and, hopefully, the answer I, and many others, are looking for. Can you derank when you have completed your loadout and glitch Warlord?

We all know that when you derank through a diamond, your load out resets and that you receive a penalty for negative XP which equals just enough XP to lower a rank.

What happens when you derank through an in-game deduction of XP?
Or, to put it another way: what happens to my load-out and diamond total when I get just enough negative XP through team-killing to go back a rank?
Does the game remove the last diamond that's last applied? Does it glitch up and crash? What exactly does it do?

The reason I'm asking is simple: I'm currently rank 20, at 270000 XP. That means that I still need 1230000 XP to get to Warlord, or 36 hours of straight boosting @ 8500 XP per Uprising match (I just tested that in a match earlier today, so I'm not just making it up), with me being a dedicated killer and someone else being an extremely helpful, selfless reviver and a devoted killee who aren't interested in Warlord.
This only holds true, if the Ubisoft servers don't bugger up, my internet doesn't crap out or the world ends.

At 270000 XP, I only need -70000XP to get back to rank 18, almost 19. A low enough rank where I don't have enough diamonds to complete my currently completed loadout, hopefully allowing resets.
Assuming you can get roughly -3500XP per uprising match though teamkilling your own captain, I'd only need 5 hours of deranking and then all I'd need is to derank back to one and be done with it. Much better than 36 hours of straight boosting.

I'm looking for two other people to try and get the answers to these questions. The closer to rank 19 you are with a full load-out, the faster we'll figure this out. If no-one wants to risk losing their XP over something untested, then I'm willing to lose my XP and see what happens.

Let me know if you're interested in trying. If I can find two people who want to try this, then I want to try this next Wednesday, April 4th, around 7PM GMT+1 (three days and a little over three hours at the time of this posting).

tl;dr:
- Can I teamkill without punishment?
- Do you get less diamonds when you derank through XP deduction?
- If so, what happens when I derank from my current rank 20 back to 18? Would it allow me to reset my loadout this way?
- Who wants to help me figure this out?
UpgradePolecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
SirLugash

SirLugash's Gamercard
I just checked it with my second account (rank 2).
The game will only allow you to get that much negative XP that you won't lower your rank.
For example, my second account had 320XP (rank 2), I did suicides ald couldn't get more than -170XP (this results in having 150XP total, the threshold of rank 2).
Well that sucks because I am in the same situation as you are, my diamonds are all placed and I can't reset them.
Don't know how to force a reset from server side...
Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
UpgradePolecat

Hrm. And if you start a new match with your second account, then what happens? Do you stay at 150XP or does it lower further?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
SirLugash

SirLugash's Gamercard
I wouldn't get any negative XP.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
SirLugash

SirLugash's Gamercard
Well, I just tried to derank myself with the basic strategy of the Warlord glitch.
I was rank 19 with all diamonds set.
I was finally able to get rank 18.
Now you would think that the game reacts to this in some way, mainly because with rank 18 you would only have 17 diamonds and therefore couldn't upgrade all classes.
And guess what ?
I still have all diamonds set with -1 available diamonds -.-
I don't know what to do, seriously.
There are just 3 ways to go:
1. Gaining 1.3 million XP with regular boosting
2. Dropping 200k XP by team killing
3. Hoping that the server screws up and resets my diamonds

To be honest, I don't know what of those 3 options would be the fastest one...
Old 04-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
UpgradePolecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLugash View Post
Well, I just tried to derank myself with the basic strategy of the Warlord glitch.
I was rank 19 with all diamonds set.
I was finally able to get rank 18.
Now you would think that the game reacts to this in some way, mainly because with rank 18 you would only have 17 diamonds and therefore couldn't upgrade all classes.
And guess what ?
I still have all diamonds set with -1 available diamonds -.-
I don't know what to do, seriously.
There are just 3 ways to go:
1. Gaining 1.3 million XP with regular boosting
2. Dropping 200k XP by team killing
3. Hoping that the server screws up and resets my diamonds

To be honest, I don't know what of those 3 options would be the fastest one...
Hm, you tried exactly what I wanted to try.

In case number three doesn't work, then the fastest would be dropping 200k XP, but that is assuming that it works.
If you can pull off some sort of reverse Warlord boost (team kill, revive) you'll get roughly -8.5k XP per full match. At 200000 XP (rank 19) it would take roughly six hours to get to 0 XP (not taking into account that you can't get more negative XP than your rank threshold), but I don't know if it would actually work and glitch rank thirty for you.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
UpgradePolecat

A stupid question, maybe, but have you tried to use the diamond on a loadout? Just covering all bases. If this doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas for resetting the loadout through deranking. :\

By the way: isn't rank 18 the earliest point where you have enough diamonds for a full loadout? Meaning, shouldn't you derank to rank 17? Looking at your post, though, I don't think that it matters. You'd just have -2 diamonds to spend.

Last edited by UpgradePolecat; 04-24-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
dropK1CK_ninJA

dropK1CK ninJA's Gamercard
I am also interested in how to drop my rank back to 1. I tried to do some team killing with randoms but this is just painful.

Some people have suggested playing a boosting round and get over 5K xp, and then letting the game sit for 6-24 hours and come back and all your diamonds will be reset (you will have them all for rank but none of them will be set for profiles). I do recall while boosting that occasionally the game would reset my diamonds and I could never figure out why. Had something to do with the XP cap.

I am also reading comments that if you get enough XP to reduce yourself below the next rank (in my case I'd need to lose 55K), and let the game sit for 24+ hours and then your diamonds will be reset. I think it has to do with the behavior of the FC2 servers. I'm not sure but I'm willing to get some people together so we can teamkill, get to the lowest threshold and see after a day or two if they do reset. If not we can try other options.

If anyone wants to get a group together and go at this drop me a FR.

GT: dropK1CK ninJA

Last edited by dropK1CK_ninJA; 05-20-2012 at 10:46 AM.
dropK1CK_ninJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
twotoesjr

twotoesjr's Gamercard
i'd be willing to give it a shot, I'm rank 20 with all diamonds spent but I still have 1 diamond, I'm at 272,000 xp. I was going to try the Army of Two the 40th day stat reset trick with dummy account and see if that would work.