PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Street Fighter X Tekken
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
BLQQDCQRE

MyRawGamerScore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Audio Crackling? How to fix it.

Is anybody else having audio crackling? It cuts off and stuff like that. All crackle like. If so, does anybody know how to fix it? Thanks.
BLQQDCQRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #2
Rafie

RAFIE82's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLQQDCQRE View Post
Is anybody else having audio crackling? It cuts off and stuff like that. All crackle like. If so, does anybody know how to fix it? Thanks.
It's not you. Its the game itself. PS3 has the same problem. Capcom has to patch it.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
BLQQDCQRE

MyRawGamerScore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
It's not you. Its the game itself. PS3 has the same problem. Capcom has to patch it.
Thanks man , that's all I needed to hear. Hope they patch it soon.
BLQQDCQRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
I only have this when I play online. It is really annoying and messes me up way more than I thought it would.
Most Recent: Chaos Rings
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
is it through the TV speakers only? i had major issues with a few games through my old turtle beach headsets. i recently got the new x32 2.4gh/5gh headset now i get 0 crackling. i would get crackling even when browing the dashboard. it pissed me off so bad. just a thought and good luck
jeffy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
milkycha

milkycha's Gamercard
The audio cutting out has to do with the different netcode Capcom used for the game. It uses what is called 'rollback'(Google it), which is what GGPO uses. 'Rollback' is vastly superior to what SFIV uses because it eliminates input delay. You will notice that moves requiring strict timing will still come out as long as you pressed the buttons at the right time, as opposed to SFIV, wherein latency sometimes causes your button inputs to lag for a few frames or simply disappear. Ever stand over someone in SFIV holding block as they 'wake up' from a knockdown, only to be hit with a Shoryuken? Me too. This doesn't happen in Street Fighter X Tekken.

Unfortunately, however, when too many frames of animation are 'rolled back', the audio gets mangled. This sucks, obviously, but it's still preferable to having your inputs disappear and eating some move you saw coming from a mile away.

milkycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
[QUOTE=milkycha;4939004]The audio cutting out has to do with the different netcode Capcom used for the game. It uses what is called 'rollback'(Google it), which is what GGPO uses. 'Rollback' is vastly superior to what SFIV uses because it eliminates input delay. You will notice that moves requiring strict timing will still come out as long as you pressed the buttons at the right time, as opposed to SFIV, wherein latency sometimes causes your button inputs to lag for a few frames or simply disappear. Ever stand over someone in SFIV holding block as they 'wake up' from a knockdown, only to be hit with a Shoryuken? Me too. This doesn't happen in Street Fighter X Tekken.

Unfortunately, however, when too many frames of animation are 'rolled back', the audio gets mangled. This sucks, obviously, but it's still preferable to having your inputs disappear and eating some move you saw coming from a mile away.[/QUOTE

Too bad the game still lags.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i hope they can fix it soon.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #9
milkycha

milkycha's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajan Elite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkycha View Post
The audio cutting out has to do with the different netcode Capcom used for the game. It uses what is called 'rollback'(Google it), which is what GGPO uses. 'Rollback' is vastly superior to what SFIV uses because it eliminates input delay. You will notice that moves requiring strict timing will still come out as long as you pressed the buttons at the right time, as opposed to SFIV, wherein latency sometimes causes your button inputs to lag for a few frames or simply disappear. Ever stand over someone in SFIV holding block as they 'wake up' from a knockdown, only to be hit with a Shoryuken? Me too. This doesn't happen in Street Fighter X Tekken.

Unfortunately, however, when too many frames of animation are 'rolled back', the audio gets mangled. This sucks, obviously, but it's still preferable to having your inputs disappear and eating some move you saw coming from a mile away.
Too bad the game still lags.

That was the whole point of my post. Even if the game lags, doing your inputs with correct timing will get you your desired result. Reading comprehension is a valuable asset.

See? I can be a smartarse too.

milkycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #10
TacticalElusion

TacticalElusion's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkycha View Post
That was the whole point of my post. Even if the game lags, doing your inputs with correct timing will get you your desired result. Reading comprehension is a valuable asset.

See? I can be a smartarse too.
If only this were true. I find this netcode is far inferior than that of SSFIV, however everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I rarely noticed much imput delay in SSFIV however the "Rollbacks" in this game screw me up immensly. Leave the rollbacks to Wal-Mart an get your shit together Capcom. Why not use the same netcode as SCV?

TacticalElusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #11
lil d 916

LIL D 916's Gamercard
feels like the game has been out forever and they still havent fixed it