PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
TigerII

Question about the Leviathan and the future of the series(Obvious spoilers)

So with the Reapers gone, does this mean the Leviathans will once again attempt to control the galaxy? It very clearly said it would not be subordinate and that they were the apex species. I also assume this was Biowares fix to the how are the species going to get home point since all the relays were done for. I assume they will build some form of fast travel system since they are massively more advanced.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The Relay system wasn't destroyed. (Unless you get the worst possible endings.) That was one of the plot holes they fixed in the Extended Cut. As for the Leviathans, it's a possible direction to take the series in. I'd personally like to see that plot explored in future games since I really don't want this series to revert to a prequel fest.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
I think this would be an interesting way to go with any future ME games but I can see them going down the prequel route with different characters perhaps set during the events of ME 2.
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 AM   #4
edgecrusherhalo

edgecrusher02's Gamercard
i think its safe to assume they might try to. the thing about that is, control seems like the best ending in that case because now the galaxy has something they can use to fight them. whereas destroy leaves no synthetics left to resist the leviathans thrall. and they may be able to enthrall everyone with synthesis, or no one. we really dont know.

i think the biggest thing is how they reacted when asked about the crucible. they clearly hesitated, thought for a second, and then gave a generic response. the crucibles origins remaining unknown makes things interesting.

my theory is that the crucible originates with the leviathan, or the catalyst itself. the leviathan may have put its blueprints out in the galaxy hoping that one day a cycle of life would make it and use it to destroy the reapers unbeknownst to the catalyst. this would make the leviathans attempt at reclaiming their place in the galaxy easy, as i mentioned above.

or, that the crucibles originates with the catalyst itself. the leviathan said that the catalyst is running the galaxy like an experiment until it finds what its looking for. i think its clear what its looking for. its looking for something that it thinks is the ultimate solution to the problem it was tasked with fixing. it is looking for synthesis, or something similar. maybe it says it tried synthesis in the past and it didnt work because it was "forced"... because thats true. maybe it was waiting/hoping for a life form of the galaxy to willingly choose it in the hopes that it would work.

those are just my theories and based on the way the leviathan reacted when asked about the crucible im inclined to lean towards that theory. to me, it is not surprising that organics in such a position of power would do something like that to attempt to gain it back.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 AM   #5
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The lazy answer to all of these questions would be to prequel it.

I'm living in hope, but I don't even see how it's possible to chronologically continue without destroying ones personal canon.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #6
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
They would have to make a game that was essentially three games.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
dracolich23

dracolich23's Gamercard
I thought I read a long time ago that someone said "just because we ended it the way we did doesn't mean it has to be a prequel". Might have been my imagination though.
dracolich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracolich23 View Post
I thought I read a long time ago that someone said "just because we ended it the way we did doesn't mean it has to be a prequel". Might have been my imagination though.
Nah somebody definitely said something of this manner, but considering how much they blew out their ass for the ME3 pre-release, I'm not holding my breath in the slightest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #9
SicklyPlague
Subscribing Member

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracolich23 View Post
Nope it was reported on this site actually that they were gonna ask fans what the wanted, either a prequel, a new game in the future or some other kind of spin off.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote