PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
Megaman 8bit

Megaman 8bit's Gamercard
Thoughts on this game?

Cant believe its only 400 it was a great game i enjoyed it a lot was really fun the map was kind of small i mean everything all in all was scaled down but it wasn't that bad what do you guys think

Arcade (200/200)100%
My 100% Arcade Games
Megaman 8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Sir Goatfather

SirGriswald's Gamercard
I'd like to know if Case West is worth an extra 400.
Sir Goatfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Goatfather View Post
I'd like to know if Case West is worth an extra 400.
In my opinion, Case West should've been worth 400 Microsoft Points instead of Case Zero. I found Case Zero more enjoyable and it felt like I had more room to do things I desired to, unlike Case West.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
The Nonexistenc

Agonist Sigma's Gamercard
I felt that Case West was somewhat justified for having 800 MS points because:
1) It's a sequel. Therefore it is relevant to all future DR games. Compared to CZ (a Demo) where I'm forever stuck at LVL 5 and lack strength, speed, etc.
2) Case West provided for the story. CZ was just a demo and the lac of connection to the main story was a reflection. Sure Chuck was in a zombie outbreak, but that was as easily told in the beginning of DR2.

Overall, CW feels more relevant and something I'm more likely to play over and over again. Since DR2 came out, I've had no desire to go back and play CZ. When I'm level 50 in DR2 and CW, being forced back to lvl 5 isn't appealing.

However, CZ definitely had its moments and as a demo for DR2, it did its job splendidly.
The Nonexistenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #5
ciyinyde

Send a message via Yahoo to ciyinyde

ciyinyde's Gamercard
It may not have alot to do with DR 2 this game is still great for 5 dolla! I loved DR 1 plan on picking up the other two soon. DR 2 and case West.
ciyinyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
ggonzalez105

NBT Pookie's Gamercard
I think developers should take note. This is a great example of how to make people pay for a demo and not make them feel fipped off. Good quality, lasting gameplay (if you try to get all the achievements) and stats that carry over to the main game. Well worth the $5.
ggonzalez105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #7
the482

the482's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggonzalez105 View Post
I think developers should take note. This is a great example of how to make people pay for a demo and not make them feel fipped off. Good quality, lasting gameplay (if you try to get all the achievements) and stats that carry over to the main game. Well worth the $5.
While I feel like it was worth the five dollars, I do not know how I feel about this becoming a trend. I just feel like there is a high chance of disappointment if you had to pay these "extended demos" if more developers tried this.
the482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
Purified666

Purified666's Gamercard
i kinda have a quistion, does the full game dead rising 2 (so not the dlc's) have the same time 'presure" in it, coz i kinda dont like being under time (the shots for the daughter etc..)? i like the game, it was fun, but just dont like the being under a time pressure -> wanne roam free in the world

Grtz Purified666
Purified666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
Njmongoose

Njmong00se's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purified666 View Post
i kinda have a quistion, does the full game dead rising 2 (so not the dlc's) have the same time 'presure" in it, coz i kinda dont like being under time (the shots for the daughter etc..)? i like the game, it was fun, but just dont like the being under a time pressure -> wanne roam free in the world

Grtz Purified666
Yes, all Dead Rising games are a race against the clock, a thing that bothers me too, in all honesty. Luckily the game doesnt force you to rush the whole time (unless youre trying to do every achievement at once or something) so its not too bad. But, Id like the games more if theyd just cut the time limit.

You could free roam, gather some pp and achs and afterwards save and restart the game so you can keep your level etc if you really want, ofcourse.
Njmongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #10
DEFCON 1

The Extremis's Gamercard
fuck i love this game i've had so much fun completing the full 200. Its been a while since i enjoyed a game last one was demonsouls. I have completed it on 2 accounts and done it for 3 of my friends <3 this game.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
Well worth over 400 msp. They need to drop games that are 800 to 400 especially the ones that have been out for years like boom boom rocket and chessmaster live. they would make more money cuz more ppl would spend money on them
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #12
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
Great little game in my humble opinion...
Old 10-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
Jao359

Jao359's Gamercard
Unlike Case Zero, Case West at least added to DR2 with level carry over and extra clothes.
Jao359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #14
Itachi1124

itachi1124's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao359 View Post
Unlike Case Zero, Case West at least added to DR2 with level carry over and extra clothes.
It's the other way around
Itachi1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
I picked this up for 200msp on DoTW the other week. I feel that, even at 400msp, it is well worth it. This is the first dead rising game I have played and I enjoyed it. But I agree with what people said above, the time limit sucks. I want to explore and kill zombies but when I am worrying about the clock I feel that I am rushed. Maybe someday I will grab the first one and give it a go.
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #16
banej

Lord BaneJ's Gamercard
Got it for for 200msp on DoTW the other week as well. It's definitely the best purchase I ever made!

It's even better than some of the 800msp out there!
banej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #17
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purified666 View Post

Grtz Purified666
DR2: OTR has a "sandbox" mode with no time limits and you can play DR1 on a survival type mode after you beat it i think (its been awhile). the time limit once you get used to it makes the game better you'll get used to it quick in the full game. you have enough time to do everything but you will probably need some practice first, but this game is just as entertaining on the second playthrough because you don't have much down time and you always have somewhere to be but you're not obligated to do anything if you just want to mess around.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #18
zombie5447

Zombie snuff's Gamercard
for 400 ms points I'd say it was pretty good and it's great that you can level up to level 5 and have it carry over to the full retail game.
zombie5447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the482 View Post
While I feel like it was worth the five dollars, I do not know how I feel about this becoming a trend. I just feel like there is a high chance of disappointment if you had to pay these &quot;extended demos&quot; if more developers tried this.
For the last time Case 0 WAS NOT A DEMO !!!1.Still Creek had nothing to do with Fortune City,etc nuff said.Yes it was worth 5$ honestly,loved every second might do another playthrough for fun soon to hold me over til' DR3.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote