PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-05-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
Arrow Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Retribution

"
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Retribution will be the sixth installment in the Splinter Cell series developed by Ubisoft Toronto and published by Ubisoft and set to be released in 2013 on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. In February of 2012, Ubisoft announced their lineup for 2012 with Splinter Cell: Retribution as one of the titles on the list.[14]
Jade Raymond, Who also lead Assassins Creed's development, will be the lead developer on Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Retribution in conjunction with Ubisoft Montreal. In March 2012 Raymond comfirms that Ubisoft Toronto is working on a new Splinter Cell installment set to be released in 2013, The studio will reveal the game in the near-future."

From wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cla..._Splinter_Cell

Just thought this sounded interesting.

Last edited by heyimdalton; 04-05-2012 at 04:08 AM.
heyimdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
Something else

"The game is said to explore "root themes" of the series. Studio head Jade Raymond has stated that the game will still have the "action flick elements" from the series previous games, but also explore "...something a little bit more interesting that is actually one of the themes that's at the root of the franchise historically, but never has been surfaced so much."

http://splintercell.wikia.com/wiki/T...l:_Retribution
Old 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Cadwgawn

cadwgawn's Gamercard
Stupid game development taking time. I want this tomorrow
Cadwgawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
JPEC83

JPEC83's Gamercard
I hope it isn't made with the Assassin's Creed engine.
JPEC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Apparently its not Retribution but its Blacklist.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
Why yes it is. I hope they to something to kind of bring it back to the original sort of play style. I liked that a lot more than just being able to run and gun. It was a bit too much like an action movie in conviction. I still liked it and played it many times, but it had a different feel than say the older ones.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyimdalton View Post
Jade Raymond has stated that the game will still have the "action flick elements" from the series previous games, but also explore "...something a little bit more interesting that is actually one of the themes that's at the root of the franchise historically, but never has been surfaced so much."
I hate to go all fanboy but the "action flicks" was only in conviction, and "explore not really surfacing before", wasn't that what the original trilogy was mainly about.

I have nothing but respect for Jade Raymond after all the crap she got for AC1 but i hope she at least takes the time to see what made Splinter Cell great if she hasn't already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote