Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Seraph Xii

Seraph Xii iiX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Are there any lvl 50's that don't mod???

I'm a lvl 50 now myself and when playing online don't mind dueling when another lvl 50 challenges me... But EVERY single lvl 50 I've seen on xbox live uses mods.

I'm not even kidding, I've only been going online with borderlands for 3 days, but that's still a shocking amount, any lvl 50's actually play legit anymore?
Seraph Xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #2
macgyver893

MACGYV3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm legit, but I only play with a handful of friends and never really in public games.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
macgyver893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 AM   #3
x Fatal Syn x

x Fatal Syn x's Gamercard
I'm legit... But not level 50 yet....
x Fatal Syn x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:53 AM   #4
Krogg

Krogglidor's Gamercard
I am legit and I play online sometimes, I know 2 others that are legit but one does not play online anymore because of the mods, and the other has been playing mass effect 2.
My gamertag is "Krogglidor"

Questions about modded guns in Borderlands? visit my thread
Bet you can't beat my portal time (16:58.37)
Krogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
bustin

Bustined Up's Gamercard
ive never modded
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Apachetear88

Apachetear88's Gamercard
I dont know how to mod, even if I wanted to :-(

Level 42 atm, but I dont intend to mod in the next 8 levels!

Add me Willing to help with achievements/just play online!

Super Street Fighter 4
Trying to Main: Cammy & Dudley
Trying to Second: Cody & Zangief

100% -
Legends of Wrestlemania
Fable 2 (inc. DLC)

20k gs - 09/02/2010 - Bad Nanny - Dante's Inferno
Apachetear88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
Sha

ShaTeanDar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I hit 50 yesterday, don't have a clue how to mod, nor do I care to find out.
Why ruin a perfectly good game?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
ShawnOfTheDeadz

ShawnOfthedeadz's Gamercard
Im Legit too, never would touch a mod, it ruins the game! I have both a lvl 50 Soldier and a lvl 50 Siren!

Though i havent been playing the pass few days in because of Mass Effect 2! Such a good game! Though as soon as the new DLC comes out things will change.
ShawnOfTheDeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
Ol0h

Ol0h's Gamercard
I'm legit, using mods in a game ruins it all!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #10
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'm legit also, with a level 50 Mordecai. Just because you are legit doesn't mean you can't have game breaking guns BTW. I have an Equalizer masher that does 130x7, 6 round clip, and 3.7x scope. With the gunslinger mod, I am nearly unstoppable. I still need a Defiler to take on Crimson Lance.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
Lord Yamikage

lord yamikage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Yeah, there are plenty of players that don't mod. Well, I don't know about that, but getting to level 50 is not hard. It's easy. It seem to me, that the OP is saying that getting to 50 is hard, and people mod????

Anyway, by the time you are almost half way with 2nd playthrough (and doing all the side quest) you will be level 50.

PS. What is the definition of mod? From my understanding, it is when a player/person open up the controller/console and change things around or something?

The Forums Rules
[Read the Rules before posting!!]
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!
[Read the Infraction "list" for obvious reason!![LINK]

Don't like the rules? Go report it to Admin.

Lord Yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #12
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Mods are modded weapons and hacks to the game. They produce impossible weapons.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
x Fatal Syn x

x Fatal Syn x's Gamercard
LIKE for instance. This gun that shoots grenades constantly even without holding the trigger and the game eventually crashes. Not fun.
x Fatal Syn x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #14
Seraph Xii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Yamikage View Post
Yeah, there are plenty of players that don't mod. Well, I don't know about that, but getting to level 50 is not hard. It's easy. It seem to me, that the OP is saying that getting to 50 is hard, and people mod????

Anyway, by the time you are almost half way with 2nd playthrough (and doing all the side quest) you will be level 50.

PS. What is the definition of mod? From my understanding, it is when a player/person open up the controller/console and change things around or something?
Lol I'm not saying lvl 50 is hard to reach.
The fact is people can be playing for months and be lvl 50 so that leads to modding, whereas a lvl 40 couldn't possibly have played that long and 90% of the time the only modders I see are lvl 50 and since that's my lvl and most people's lvl who plays this game due to being the cap, it's annoying playing online.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:46 AM   #15
xPacking Heat

xpacking heat's Gamercard
I can honestly say that 90% of the public games I join online in Borderlands, people are using modded weapons and/or shields now. I've joined many where players only chill in "The Vault" or "New Haven" area's and duel each other with their modded inventory, and if the newcomer doesn't have modded equipment, they'll kick you (happened to me plenty). Idk, maybe I'm just on at a bad time (usually 12am - 430am EST).
xPacking Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #16
cheese212

I have mods just to fool around with when I join games i bring the legit weps out if my friends want to see the mods i show them but i just fool around with them and dont care if people use them or not. Their game they bought it (hopefully theres no thieves around =P). Anyways if they choose to mod and use them in online games all the power to them..... no literally lol.
cheese212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:03 AM   #17
Qu11n

Send a message via MSN to Qu11n

Qu11n's Gamercard
im going to be legit at 50, but im using a couple mods to boost myself up to 50

Boosted myself from 38 to 43 last night in under an hour or two, and a friend of mine from 22 to 33
Qu11n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #18
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu11n View Post
im going to be legit at 50, but im using a couple mods to boost myself up to 50

Boosted myself from 38 to 43 last night in under an hour or two, and a friend of mine from 22 to 33
Don't just love cheaters who give excuses for, and try to justify their cheating.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #19
SweetBlackMagic

SweetBlackMagic's Gamercard
I'm at Level 50 and didn't THINK I was modding at all until I passed like two Levels in a hour one night playing a public game. I had suddenly somehow equipped all these random shields and money mods. Not having any idea how modding works, I don't know how I even ended up with them. Do some mods go to ALL members of a game when equipped?
SweetBlackMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:42 AM   #20
brad soup

brad soup's Gamercard
I'm legit, and totally up to play. I have a level fifty Siren, seven Hunter, and a six Soldier and Berserker.

The majority mods, but you can still find some who don't. I hate modders with a passion. One of them ruined my second playthrough by killing the final boss almost instantly. It took him less time to finish that fight than it took me to boot his ass immediately afterward. [/rage]
Old 02-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #21
SaintKnight

sainttheoutcast's Gamercard
I'm a Lvl 50 Hunter, but it got corrupted =(

So now I'm working on a Lvl 43 Soldier. I haven't modded yet. My friend has modded weapons but we only use them to launch each other around cuz it's fun. But other than that, I like my stuff legit

Completed:
Retail: 28 (Favorite: Halo Reach (1400))
Arcade: 19 (Favorite: Plants vs Zombies)
Recent: LEGO Pirates

SaintKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #22
Ionus

Nezron's Gamercard
I have several level 50's and I don't use any modded weapons at all.

And I know my friends (I played some games with) do not use mods either, they all have level 50's.

I think people that use modded items online should not. The rate of fire on some of those modded weapons causes games to lag.

And if they use them for a duel, then they are cowards if they don't tell you about it.

I don't understand the need to mod items myself, plenty of great items already in the game, just spend a few hours farming (new haven) after you have finished 2nd playthough and you will find great stuff.

If you are not willing to spend some time looking for great items, then you don't deserve any.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #23
TurboDonkey007

TurboDonkey007's Gamercard
Im only a level 25 Hunter and my mate is a level 25 soldier. Only playing on my save file. was not aware that people could mod their 360 save games. Have not played online with random and i dont think i want too if other people are corrupting games!

how are they modding shields and weapons on the 360? in the game itself or by playing with files?
TurboDonkey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #24
Mokilicious

Mokilicious's Gamercard
I'm a level 50 Siren and I don't mod.
Modding is for p*ssies who can't find good guns if you ask me.
I have a friend who swears his character is God just because he has modded weapons.. What a Loser.
Mokilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #25
TestySniper

TestySniper's Gamercard
I am level 50, but I hate playing online with this game.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #26
Ultrapro

Send a message via MSN to Ultrapro Send a message via Yahoo to Ultrapro

Ultrapro's Gamercard
What do you consider as a mod?? I am level 42 and must admit that I use the item copying glitch, I must stress however that I do not use it heavily and only play online with 1 person. We work together and literally all we do is when one of us finds something really worth selling an old weapon or grenade mod etc for, that person will just do the other person a copy.

Pro
Old 02-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #27
knobracon

Send a message via AIM to knobracon

knobracon's Gamercard
my friend did the duplication glitch for me... i didnt know about it untill i hit lvl 37 haha i only did it for the money i dont have any modded guns, how ever i do know how to do it but lack the tranfer cable and programs to actually make everything
knobracon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #28
Ultrapro

Ultrapro's Gamercard
I didn't know you COULD mod weapons, glad I don't play with that many other people online or I run the risk of picking them up. I dupe items with my mate when we get good stuff we each want but its just us two, as we are pretty much level in terms of experience we just dupe each other the best items we find when we want them.

I don't want to actually know how to mod weapons but I'm interested to know to what extent you can do it, I mean, can you change the power of a weapon for instance? I had no idea people were actually modding weapons on Borderlands. I thought that sort of thing was stamped out back in the good old days of online gaming, such as the craziness of the hacking that went on during the Phantasy Star Online days for Dreamcast or Quake 3 arena lol

Pro
Old 02-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #29
Seraph Xii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrapro View Post
I didn't know you COULD mod weapons, glad I don't play with that many other people online or I run the risk of picking them up. I dupe items with my mate when we get good stuff we each want but its just us two, as we are pretty much level in terms of experience we just dupe each other the best items we find when we want them.

I don't want to actually know how to mod weapons but I'm interested to know to what extent you can do it, I mean, can you change the power of a weapon for instance? I had no idea people were actually modding weapons on Borderlands. I thought that sort of thing was stamped out back in the good old days of online gaming, such as the craziness of the hacking that went on during the Phantasy Star Online days for Dreamcast or Quake 3 arena lol

Pro
To mod weapons requires a transfer cable and all sorts of programs, that's the extent of what I know.

But in terms of ability? You can mod weapons to ridiculous levels, infinite ammo, 10's of thousands of damage, ridiculous rate of fire etc...

For instance: A shotgun that fires rockets in bursts of really fast fire dealing over 10,000 damage each etc...

Not to mention modded backpack space, modded shields etc... All this makes playing online, especially duels, not fun at all.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #30
Ultrapro

Ultrapro's Gamercard
yeah see that just enters the realms of the ridiculous when you can do stuff like that, load a rubbish if you ask me. Why bother playing the game if your going to do that? I'm lvl 42 now and have just completed NED and am currently in the early stages of the second playthrough and if it wasn't for the challenge I wouldn't have any reason to play! I don't see the point in modding a game that heavily, other than to thoroughly tick people off lol.

I missed the Brains mission so I need to do that again but the DLC so far has been pretty awesome, soo many missions in that new area for the money, it was good value. Can't wait for the new DLC

Pro