Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
DerEnglaender

MakeMeACoffee's Gamercard
120'000 exp every two minutes (+30 minutes prep) POST PATCH

1. Load up chapter 7, blitz through the supermarket and get back to the town hall.

2. Run up the stairs, around the balcony and through the two doors to the machine gun turret on your left.

3. Rubber band your right trigger, periodically checking on it. You are going for the challenge "Military Industrial Complex" which rewards you for firing bullets.

4. Slow down as you approach the level 4 target of 10'000 shots and then do small bursts manually to get as close as possible. If you are a chicken use a pistol to get the challenge to one away ie 9999/10000.

5. Quit out to the main menu and then reload.

6. Fire a single bullet to gain 120'000 exp for completing the challenge.

7. Quickly disable the internet. I pull the cord from my xbox, wireless users will have to see what works.

8. Quit out to the main menu

9. Connect to live

10. Repeat from step 6

NOTE
The first time I did this, upon unplugging it reset back to 9850 rather than 9999. You might want to leave it at the main menu, or load up a different character and get a checkpoint or some other way make sure its definitely absolutely certain that you are at 9999. The more often it saves with 9999 bullets the better I guess.

I didnt time it, but two minutes seems a very conservative estimate. The prep work will probably take about 10-15 minutes if you are quick +afk turret boosting (maybe 20 minutes??)

This method works on GOTY (ie patched) versions of the game. It should work all the way up to level 60 if you so desire. As far as I can tell the broken armed thug at Harlans, the oleander side quest are all patched and duping Brand champagne for Svetlana looks pretty poor in comparison for time invested.

This method can be applied to a few challenges, but treasure hunter seems to be the only other one I would consider exploiting in this manner although the payout is less and IMO its harder to manipulate into place.

DerEnglaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
Or you just play an Arena with modded weapons, which takes less time then that.
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
DerEnglaender

If you can get 120'000 exp every two minutes playing with modded weapons well done. I couldn't even come close with a machine gun with a bottomless clip firing one hit kills.

And unless you have access to someone who will dupe them for you, its not really a universal solution.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
wish I would have seen this before I finished the military industrial complex challenge. That would have been a nice way for the last few levels.
I can definately say the arena with modded weapons does not give you this much experience that quickly.

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
DerEnglaender

Quote:
Originally Posted by a hippyslayer View Post
wish I would have seen this before I finished the military industrial complex challenge. That would have been a nice way for the last few levels.
I can definately say the arena with modded weapons does not give you this much experience that quickly.
yeah. i dont see how anyone can think arena comes close.

if anyone is interested i posted the same information on TA but its been updated somewhat. additional info about the times and a second turret in hte jungle hwich may be easier to get to.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
jmannx

J Mann X the II's Gamercard
Thank-you for this information. Finally got to 50.

If you send a friend request, please provide details. Random friend requests are weird.

100% Games Completed:
jmannx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
TheRock420RVD

Send a message via AIM to TheRock420RVD

Rock420RVD's Gamercard
why does going offline matter? Can't I just keep replaying the challenge for 120k XP everytime?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

TheRock420RVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #8
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock420RVD View Post
why does going offline matter? Can't I just keep replaying the challenge for 120k XP everytime?
Because If I'm to understand correctly, it'll save the challenge completion on xbl and you wont be able to do it again on that character.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
DerEnglaender

Yeah once you eat the heighest tier of the challenge, that should be that. (No more xp) But by losing the connection the game spazzes out and reverts back to an old value for the challenge but leaves you with the xp bonus.

edit:
btw its not just "that character". challenges work across your xbox live profile meaning every character contributes, but only the one active when you complete it gets the payout

Last edited by DerEnglaender; 04-09-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Nice find! I am doing this quest for the first time so I'll make sure to do this trick Thanks
Old 05-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
Officiallynug89

Officiallynug89's Gamercard
Sounds too much like a ball ache to me,
I have wireless, and im not resetting my router every 2 minutes.

just do the arena like everyone mentioned and you get a better experience of playing the game, eventually you will get the challenges even if it does take a few hours more.

100% Retail: 8

Currently working on: Forza Motorsport 2

Officiallynug89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:10 PM   #12
DEADHEAD60K

DEADHEAD60K's Gamercard
I can confirm this, it works.
DEADHEAD60K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:42 AM   #13
Geedorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrenfried View Post
Or you just play an Arena with modded weapons, which takes less time then that.
Basically what I did to get from 44 to 50. Wish I would of had a modded weapon he first time I played the game. But in a way it was fun not having one. Running for dear life haha.
Geedorah is offline   Reply With Quote