Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
Goodbye glitch island

this game has f#$%^d me for the last time. im done. 50+ hours the game froze. im angry but decide to give it another go. 37+ hours later character #2 freezes also. im livid right now. i found a usb and was gonna save it but it was not compatible. i was going to go buy one (probably2) this weekend. i never got the oppurtunity. i should not have to back up my saves after every single time i play the game because of a design error.

i feel like i was taken advantage off. 60$ before taxes and nearly 90 hours of my life and im not going to get either back. i wrote an email and left a voice message explaining my situation and i honestly dont expect a response. take your money and run and leave the consumers wondering wtf just happened. tech land is a joke. COJ the cartel was a joke. BiB was actually a good game then they followed it up with this junk. are they intentionally trying to destroy their reputation?

unfortunatley others are going to be in the same boat as me. feeling the same as me. i suggest adding a post to this thread explaining your personal plight. let the numbers speak for themselves.

tech land

Last edited by axeuup; 09-16-2011 at 10:36 PM.
axeuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
Barrowland

BARROWLAND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeuup View Post
this game has f#$%^d me for the last time. im done. 50+ hours the game froze. im angry but decide to give it another go. 37+ hours later character #2 freezes also. im livid right now. i found a usb and was gonna save it but it was not compatible. i was going to go buy one (probably2) this weekend. i never got the oppurtunity. i should not have to back up my saves after every single time i play the game because of a design error.

i feel like i was taken advantage off. 60$ before taxes and nearly 90 hours of my life and im not going to get either back. i wrote an email and left a voice message explaining my situation and i honestly dont expect a response. take your money and run and leave the consumers wondering wtf just happened. deep silver is a joke. COJ the cartel was a joke. BiB was actually a good game then they followed it up with this junk. are they intentionally trying to destroy their reputation?

unfortunatley others are going to be in the same boat as me. feeling the same as me. i suggest adding a post to this thread explaining your personal plight. let the numbers speak for themselves.

deep silver
I know ur just venting but any USB works. U just have to plug it in. Go to memory and press Y. Then format. Just thought id tell u incase u buy 2 xbox ones then realize u got done over again.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The game itself is very good, but they really need to get these glitches fixed. I also agree that I should NOT have to back up my saves for every game I play because of fear of losing progress or my save. This is why every game needs to support the saving of your game anywhere at anytime, just like Fallout and Oblivion. That's hoping Skyrim will allowing you freedom of saving.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
smashbuscus

Sinister Smash's Gamercard
Quote:

i feel like i was taken advantage off. 60$ before taxes and nearly 90 hours of my life and im not going to get either back. i wrote an email and left a voice message explaining my situation and i honestly dont expect a response. take your money and run and leave the consumers wondering wtf just happened. deep silver is a joke. COJ the cartel was a joke. BiB was actually a good game then they followed it up with this junk. are they intentionally trying to destroy their reputation?

deep silver

I agree with you. though i do have some other thoughts, all in all the game itself is rather good, great plot. But i agree with you on the freezing. And alot of the aim is off too. My boyfriend has been playin it non stop since it came out and has had many complaints as well though he does like the games potential. He thinks they should have spent more time on it to make sure all bugs were worked out and aim was at least close as possible to accurate. But my self i think partially yeah it was a waste cus it was an unfinished product. We should all be reimbursed and have a new copy sent to us when the bugs are fixed cus this is just rediculous and more hassle than it is truly worth.
smashbuscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
no, not any usb works. the one i had i plugged it in and formatted it. when i went to complete the action of copying the file to the usb it said it could not be completed. upon further investigation the usb has to be fat32 compatible. whatever the hell that means. yes im venting but im also trying to inform others of the glithes this game has and give a forum for others to express the disappointment they feel when they get screwed.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
SolusFlare

Angvi1's Gamercard
Quote:
no, not any usb works. the one i had i plugged it in and formatted it. when i went to complete the action of copying the file to the usb it said it could not be completed. upon further investigation the usb has to be fat32 compatible. whatever the hell that means. yes im venting but im also trying to inform others of the glithes this game has and give a forum for others to express the disappointment they feel when they get screwed.
FAT32 is the format option.
Plug it into your pc and and format it using fat32-

And really.... The game has bugs, but the game itself is great.-
And for whatever reason.... I have not come across a single bug myself. (sure ive seen visual glitches - enemies stuck in walls and those things) but nothing that has hindered my progress.
Wonder if its cause ive installed the game. . . .

Anyways. . . .Wanna boycut a title or whatever.. .Well feel free- Its popular enough-
SolusFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #7
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
dont get me wrong people i loved the game. the minor glitches i did not care about. reload check point no big deal. i was having tons of fun with my friends, enjoying the story and exploring. i like the combat. over all the game was great that is why what happened to me is so depressing. a progess destroying glitch like this one has is unforgivable. after 90 hours the best i can do is start over with a level 30 with nothing.

i have had the game installed since before i played it the first time
Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
deep silver is a joke. COJ the cartel was a joke. BiB was actually a good game then they followed it up with this junk. are they intentionally trying to destroy their reputation?
deep silver
This is getting rather annoying now. Deep Silver are the publishers, Techland are the developers. Deep Silver had nothing to do with CoJ: The Cartel, Techland made it.

Techland made Dead Island, while Deep Silver published it. What Deep Silver may or may not have done with the game would have nothing to do with the actual coding, therefore none of the issues with save files and glitches would be on their backs.

Please blame Techland!

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 09-16-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
smashbuscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
This is getting rather annoying now. Deep Silver are the publishers, Techland are the developers. Deep Silver had nothing to do with CoJ: The Cartel, Techland made it.

Techland made Dead Island, while Deep Silver published it.

Please blame Techland!
Either way. whoever developed this damn game should have at least went through it with a fine toothed comb before they even thought to seek the publisher, there are too many issues with it and there for alot of ppl bitching about the quality of the game. All were sayin is it did NOT live up to expectations! If people are gonna buy a game for like 65-70 bucks it should at least be worth the money. I stand by my original statement of we should all be reimbursed and sent an improved version when things are worked out and fixed.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #10
nastymastadaddy

NastyMastaDaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
dont get me wrong people i loved the game. the minor glitches i did not care about. reload check point no big deal. i was having tons of fun with my friends, enjoying the story and exploring. i like the combat. over all the game was great that is why what happened to me is so depressing. a progess destroying glitch like this one has is unforgivable. after 90 hours the best i can do is start over with a level 30 with nothing.

i have had the game installed since before i played it the first time
I agree the game itself is great but since the issues are so major I decided after my first freeze that I am not going to play it again till it is fixed. Sorry you didn't get the warnings in time. I am trying to warn as many people as possible but its hard when the game is so addictive to get them to stop playing to avoid future headache.

Again sorry to hear it happened again but you did know after the first freeze you were taking a chance playing it before they fixed the freeze problem.

nastymastadaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #11
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post

Techland made Dead Island, while Deep Silver published it. What Deep Silver may or may not have done with the game would have nothing to do with the actual coding, therefore none of the issues with save files and glitches would be on their backs.

Please blame Techland!

^^ This. If people are going to rant and flame on game they really need to educate themselves on the difference between a Pub & a Dev.

OT:

I must of been one of lucky ones because I havn't encountered a single problem with this game since buying it at launch. Played half of it Co-op and the other half in Solo. Accepted the update halfway through my playthrough and everything was fine and dandy. I do feel for all the players having the problems though. Sucks when your shit gets messed with.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
To be fair, they're both to blame. A publisher can fully say "this game fucking blows, we aren't releasing it." This will obviously force the developer to go back and polish it. A developer is responsible for making a good game. Publishers are responsible for releasing good games. If a shitty game hits the streets, both parties are at fault.

Not that I'm saying Dead Island blew. Quite the opposite. I had one single glitch where the "Bloody Valentine" quest would not start in my co-op game. I've also lost weapons as Logan when I threw them, died and the zombies disappeared. But that is literally the extent of any issues I found in the game.

Love it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #13
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
Again sorry to hear it happened again but you did know after the first freeze you were taking a chance playing it before they fixed the freeze problem.[/QUOTE]

yes i was aware of the risk i was taking. as far as i know though a fix is just speculation. they have provided no confirmation of having the ability to fix this problem anywhere that i know of. why cant they make some kind of press release giving us some infromation to at least put us slightly at ease. because they have poor customer relation skills. so what was i supposed to do. not play at all indefinentley. i dont have that kind of patience nasty
Old 09-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #14
Joker0fLife

Location: Inside of a location's local locality of localness locationally located locally

Joker0fLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashbuscus View Post
All were sayin is it did NOT live up to expectations!
Lived up to my expectations perfectly because I didn't set them high for this game in the first place. There wasn't that much appeal to it with their advertising imo. Also, I find that MOST of the time, games that are developed outside of North America...tend to miss the ball. (Off the top of my head, here's looking at you Sacred 2, Fable series, BRINK, and now Dead Island.)
Old 09-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
nastymastadaddy

NastyMastaDaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Again sorry to hear it happened again but you did know after the first freeze you were taking a chance playing it before they fixed the freeze problem.
yes i was aware of the risk i was taking. as far as i know though a fix is just speculation. they have provided no confirmation of having the ability to fix this problem anywhere that i know of. why cant they make some kind of press release giving us some infromation to at least put us slightly at ease. because they have poor customer relation skills. so what was i supposed to do. not play at all indefinentley. i dont have that kind of patience nasty[/QUOTE]

oh i feel ya my patience is running thin because dead island is so much fun to play but the risk just makes me shiver that it could happen again. Lets hope since the game did get good reviews and is doing good that they will continue to support it.

But once gears hits I have a feeling I will forget about this for a few weeks.

nastymastadaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #16
Dannyb0yUK

Dannyb0yUK's Gamercard
It would help if MS could pull their finger out and get the cloud storage for game saves up and running. That way, a save could potentially be auto-backed up online.
Hi! I'm nine years old and if you ever have an opinion that differs from mine, I'm going to become immediately hostile... because I'm super mature and that's how people ought to react to those who think differently from me!

Idiots make me angry.

Dannyb0yUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #17
smashbuscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyb0yUK View Post
It would help if MS could pull their finger out and get the cloud storage for game saves up and running. That way, a save could potentially be auto-backed up online.
would also help if MS would put more memory in the consoles themselves especially for games like this
Old 09-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #18
GunLucky

GunLucky x's Gamercard
Most new games have a few issues but this was beyond the joke; after 70 hours of gameplay and THREE game saves getting corrupt I have finally gotten 990 gamescore on it! It's a shame its got so glitches because its such an awesome game.
GunLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #19
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
I just don't get how playing a game for 87 hours and saying you were ripped off are compatible statements. That is like .91$ an hour - you are ahead of the deal, guy. Glitches suck - for sure, but how were you ripped off?

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #20
smashbuscus

You seem to be missing the whole point, the game doesnt live up to its expectations. Look at the bugs and the glitches that could have easily been taken out of there if they took the extra minutes to go over it, its like we get the prototype of the real deal.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #21
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyNasty View Post
I just don't get how playing a game for 87 hours and saying you were ripped off are compatible statements. That is like .91$ an hour - you are ahead of the deal, guy. Glitches suck - for sure, but how were you ripped off?
This made me chuckle.

Imagine being thrown out of a cinema 10-15 minutes before the end and the manager saying that as it was a 3 hr block buster you got a good deal out of it. You can always come back for another screening if you like but we'll throw you out 30mins before the end that time.
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #22
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyNasty View Post
definently missing the whole point. i have 90 hours into 2 characters. i cannot use these charcters with any of my mods, weapons or inventory. i had all 5 skulls which are gone and my maps are reset. all main and side quests are reset. are you starting to see what my gripe and the others is?
Old 09-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #23
Orison

Orison Omega's Gamercard
I'm on my second playthrough as Sam B, nearing max level. I've had a handful of crashes, but fortunately no corrupt saves. Thanks for the warning. I'm backing up my save right now.

Aside from that, I've seen dozens of bugs/glitchy behavior. One of my biggest gripes has been with quests getting stuck, either by invisible/missing npcs or unclickable triggers spawning underground.

It feels like they rushed to launch an unpolished game. What could have been a great game ended up being only mediocre. The update seems to have addressed some of the issues at least.
Orison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #24
DeathSpark

I just signed up to say that all of my friends who had their progress reset used Jin to hold the weapons they wanted to keep but didn't have room for in their inventory.

I've spent over 120 hours on this game and my game only froze once when I sent a party invite while a level was loading. When I reloaded the game was perfectly fine. I used Jin once but after I withdrew a weapon from her which just disappeared a moment later I decided never to use her again.

I think some corruption is because there's no limit on inventory space on both Jin and the player (miscellaneous). My friend has his game crash when he bought over a million dollars of oleander. Kinda was ironic since he was trying to make Level 50 easier ro obtain and all he ended up doing was corrupting his save and had to restart at Act 3 as a Level 22.

The only other reason I know of for corruption (besides the game not being able to load all the items in Jin/player) is not being able to map the players location. I spoke to a guy who had his save corrupt when he was killed and the game autosaved while he was waiting for the respawn counter to hit zero.

Best glitch (only in my opinion) in the game happened some guy I played with. I glitched the car we were in somehow and he couldn't exit. He quit out (booting me from his game) and reloaded. I got repeated spam messages about being a douche because when he reloaded no matter if he switched weapon or to his fists he would have a car door glitched inside his hand, covering the right side of the screen. Never had someone send me so much hate mail- nor have I laughed so hard at any message I've received since the creation of my tag.
DeathSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #25
DetroitSSteele

DetroitSSteele's Gamercard
[QUOTE=Genesis x360a;4502609]^^ This. If people are going to rant and flame on game they really need to educate themselves on the difference between a Pub & a Dev.

Really? Are you serious? They are both to blame. They both made money off of this game. They should both be held accountable. If you call the customer service number found in the manual, you get Deep Silver. So, they should get some of the blame. Techland should just have it's doors closed, and everybody that worked on this abomination should be shot in the head twice.

The idea of this game was pretty cool. Sounded fun. Sign me up. First 6-8 hours of play, no major problems. Then it got fun. I don't mean fun like getting a blowjob while you drink a beer and watch South Park. I mean like having a beer bottle shoved up your ass pipe, have a bottle rocket explode in it, and then being forced to clean up the mess with tobasco sauce kind of fun. Weapons disappearing, inventory just vanishing, not getting xp for your quests, having an endless stream of screaming zombies rammed up your ass while you a trying to fight not only 2 rams, but a thug as well. I have had zombies "parachute" into rooms I was in, had zombies jump through the roof of a building I was on in the city (Yes, I watched it happen. He didn't climb up the edge or use stairs). Having your save file corrupted. And my very favorite, having the motherfucking antidote disappear every time you walk into the lab, so you can't finish that quest for the 18th fucking time, so you can move on to the prison and find your last 15 locations . . . . again.

All in all, it was a fairly miserable gaming experience. I can't see myself ever playing anything from either one of these companies ever again. I am done with this horrible piece of shit, and I'm trading it in towards something that will probably be enjoyable. Probably won't even do the dlc, even though it's free.

And, I don't want to hear about how there are work arounds for most of the problems. I shouldn't have to monkeyfuck around with a usb drive and the hard drive, while saying the alphabet backwords, and sacrificing a chicken, to get a game to work. I own a usb drive, I use it for backing up saves. I know it works. But, I shouldn't have to stop playing every time I finish a quest, so I can back up my save, because some fucktard can't write code.

Bottom line. Fuck Deep Silver and Fuck Techland. I think I covered all parties. Hope that makes you happy.
DetroitSSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #26
smashbuscus

Quote:
definently missing the whole point. i have 90 hours into 2 characters. i cannot use these charcters with any of my mods, weapons or inventory. i had all 5 skulls which are gone and my maps are reset. all main and side quests are reset. are you starting to see what my gripe and the others is?
this game needs to be recalled us all refunded and they need to do some serious work, no joke
Old 09-17-2011, 02:18 AM   #27
smashbuscus

[quote=DetroitSSteele;4502937]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
^^ This. If people are going to rant and flame on game they really need to educate themselves on the difference between a Pub & a Dev.

Really? Are you serious? They are both to blame. They both made money off of this game. They should both be held accountable. If you call the customer service number found in the manual, you get Deep Silver. So, they should get some of the blame. Techland should just have it's doors closed, and everybody that worked on this abomination should be shot in the head twice.

The idea of this game was pretty cool. Sounded fun. Sign me up. First 6-8 hours of play, no major problems. Then it got fun. I don't mean fun like getting a blowjob while you drink a beer and watch South Park. I mean like having a beer bottle shoved up your ass pipe, have a bottle rocket explode in it, and then being forced to clean up the mess with tobasco sauce kind of fun. Weapons disappearing, inventory just vanishing, not getting xp for your quests, having an endless stream of screaming zombies rammed up your ass while you a trying to fight not only 2 rams, but a thug as well. I have had zombies "parachute" into rooms I was in, had zombies jump through the roof of a building I was on in the city (Yes, I watched it happen. He didn't climb up the edge or use stairs). Having your save file corrupted. And my very favorite, having the motherfucking antidote disappear every time you walk into the lab, so you can't finish that quest for the 18th fucking time, so you can move on to the prison and find your last 15 locations . . . . again.

All in all, it was a fairly miserable gaming experience. I can't see myself ever playing anything from either one of these companies ever again. I am done with this horrible piece of shit, and I'm trading it in towards something that will probably be enjoyable. Probably won't even do the dlc, even though it's free.

And, I don't want to hear about how there are work arounds for most of the problems. I shouldn't have to monkeyfuck around with a usb drive and the hard drive, while saying the alphabet backwords, and sacrificing a chicken, to get a game to work. I own a usb drive, I use it for backing up saves. I know it works. But, I shouldn't have to stop playing every time I finish a quest, so I can back up my save, because some fucktard can't write code.

Bottom line. Fuck Deep Silver and Fuck Techland. I think I covered all parties. Hope that makes you happy.

I have got to say that is too funny but so accurate!!!! I sat here laffing my ass off and agreeing nodding my head the whole time! these ppl that made this shit storm are total and utter jokes that need to research coding and glitch! Fucking rip off

Last edited by smashbuscus; 09-17-2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Reread
Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 AM   #28
smashbuscus

OMG my bf is beyond pissed right now this is the second time he has started the game and in the middle of a quest the screen turned black and blue and he cant see or do anything, hes fuming mad!!!!! he said TL and DS need to be shut down for releasing such a shit game...
Old 09-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #29
Paulson

I love the game, but the 3 crashes I had tonight, npc glitches(wall runners on escorts and not showing up in multiplayer), and weapons going missing on throws really frustrated me tonight.

I know future patches will help aleviate these problems, but is it to much to ask for a game to be free of major glitches on release? I cant help but think that maybe an additional few weeks of developement would clear this up before release.
Paulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:07 AM   #30
smashbuscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulson View Post
I love the game, but the 3 crashes I had tonight, npc glitches(wall runners on escorts and not showing up in multiplayer), and weapons going missing on throws really frustrated me tonight.

I know future patches will help aleviate these problems, but is it to much to ask for a game to be free of major glitches on release? I cant help but think that maybe an additional few weeks of developement would clear this up before release.
exactly what i been saying, this game is great but my god dont we deserve what we pay for??