PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
FINALLY took a Jet out with a tank

In a game full of awesome moments, including the titular event, taking out a full Venom with an RPG, absolutely ruining the enemy with the LAD-AD/Tunguska (earning a second AA service star!) and the .44 Magnum and even cheekily nicking the Venom to earn several Combat Efficiency Ribbons I finally took a Jet out with a well-timed tank shell and join what I sense is quite an exclusive club!

It was on [The Sandbox], Five Flag Conquest Assault on Wake Island and included a sneaky appearance from our very own Lord Arkhan and SeductiveNoodle who I found in my squad.

Ended the game with a KD of 37-4 and a victory.

El Battle Reportio

So, who else is a member of the club?

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 06-12-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i had a jet pounding on me for a while and put a shell right in his nose. a chopper full of people is more satisfying imo
Old 06-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
SeductiveNoodle

SeductiveNoodle's Gamercard
Hahaha, i was in that game with you! I saw you tearing it up with that Venom
SeductiveNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #4
Benny34
Banned User

nice, i was just playing on wake island on rush tho i went 4-12 damn i hate wake island on rush, anyways, heheh ive always been trying to take a jet out with a tank. havent came close.
(shoulda joined you guys.)

Last edited by Benny34; 06-12-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #5
BBDrew84

I did it the other day actually, take a Jet out with a Tank round. So I guess I am part of the club. Nice plug about [The Sandbox], I am glad people are enjoying it
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeductiveNoodle View Post
Hahaha, i was in that game with you! I saw you tearing it up with that Venom
Ah, hello! You were my Havoc pilot on Sharqi a couple games earlier! Damn it's nice to see so many users get on The Sandbox.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #7
BBDrew84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Damn it's nice to see so many users get on The Sandbox.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #8
CKK Salvation

jfc salvation's Gamercard
I took out a jet with a tank a couple days ago. He was hovering though, so that takes away from it I think.
CKK Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #9
Lord Arkhan

lord arkhan's Gamercard
It was a fun couple matches! Haven't had a chance to play Battlefield in a bit so this was great. Oh and you guys were beasting in the chopper! It seems like every couple seconds your name would pop up in the killfeed with a double kill or better.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #10
BBDrew84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arkhan View Post
It was a fun couple matches! Haven't had a chance to play Battlefield in a bit so this was great. Oh and you guys were beasting in the chopper! It seems like every couple seconds your name would pop up in the killfeed with a double kill or better.
Man, when we were playing on Oman I was so fucking pissed that the enemy jet rammed us. He bad lucked himself and 5 other people what a fucking douche bag
Old 06-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #11
KirbyTheAlmighty

foxhound kirby's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I've taken out jets with tanks, and it's such a satisfying feat.

The other day, I took out a Jet with an RPG, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Xbox One / Day One
KirbyTheAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

Sandbox server? Based in Europe? I'll have to check it out!

Grey Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Believe me, I've been trying to do this since I first hopped into a tank on a map with jets/helicopters. I've had no luck yet with either, but I won't stop trying! Congrats Rich.

I haven't played for a few days, but last time I was on I finally managed to hit a Viper with an RPG as it flew over on Wake Island trying to take the 'B' flag, +2 kills and I was like . In the same life as I was running to the 'A' flag soon after I also got a gunner in a Venom, the Venom itself was took down in following fire from team mates very shortly after.

But anyways, one day I'll join this club.

Good job again.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Impressive! I've never taken down a jet with a tank shell, quite a few choppers though! Operation Firestorm is a good map for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #15
The Stig

SniPeng's Gamercard
Haven't actually done this yet.

Have, however, done it in a DPV and Growler; and once with an RPG.

When the game is up; the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
purpleinsect

MissRiddlez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I've taken down a few jets with a tank And once I took one out with an RPG as well. He was coming low and shooting at my tank, I jumped out and pulled on the exact right moment <3 Was fun
purpleinsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
Rogue Batleth

IceWhiteScarab's Gamercard
after glancing at this thread i wound up getting my first jet kill with a tank today

Rogue Batleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
A couple jets and a more than a few heli's.

My fav was on Kargh, right off the start my bro and I jump into a tank and as we get moving the opposing jet tried to spawn kill us, I just lifted the cannon and pulled without thinking, the jet just disintegrated in front of us with my bro laughing his ass off "dude was that you?!?!"

Second was on Oman, was support and hiding/capping at A from a heli doing a circlejerk cap and trying to find me. Someone must have put some damage on it, he landed and started to repair, I managed to drop a single C4 on it before he took off again, waited for him to get to a pleasant viewing height and triggered.

Disabled, and as he's coming down for repairs between A and B a tank spawns at A. I hop in, line him up and finish him off. Just as soon as I take out the heli, I see an F35 is hovering B, and darn he's kinda low. Lift the cannon and brought him down too Good bit of fun that.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 06-12-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I've blasted Helis with tanks already.

But it's always more fun taking out aircraft with an RPG.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Delta View Post
Sandbox server? Based in Europe? I'll have to check it out!
US based. It's gealt's server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFury View Post
Believe me, I've been trying to do this since I first hopped into a tank on a map with jets/helicopters. I've had no luck yet with either, but I won't stop trying! Congrats Rich.
Thanks man! You'll get there! :P I did so there's no stopping you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Batleth View Post
after glancing at this thread i wound up getting my first jet kill with a tank today
Haha, the power of this thread compels you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arkhan View Post
What's funny is that during Strike at Karkand and Sharqi Peninsula I felt I was getting completely dicked (still ended with a good KD of 2 but it just didn't feel like I was doing anything right!) so when somebody flicked beast mode on I was taken aback! hahaha. As for the Venom, I love it and hope to get it pretty high up in my vehicle stats. A friend of mine is a absolutely brilliant pilot and we basically run the thing as an attack chopper with the added bonus of dropping one or two teammates off. We've got into countless scrapes with Havocs and Kasatkas but we have always came out on top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKK Salvation View Post
I took out a jet with a tank a couple days ago. He was hovering though, so that takes away from it I think.
Don't tell anyone, but this was actually my second jet kill in a tank - the first was a hovering F-35 but that was too easy to consider 'joining the club' :P
Keep trying man! It'll come in time, best to go for the pilots who like to engage ground targets - they make their run, you shoot them in the face! Everybody's happy!

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 06-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #21
Benny34
Banned User

i shot a jet pilot with the transport turrets lol.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #22
BBDrew84

Quote:
US based. It's BBDrew's server.
Correction. It is Gealts server I just promote it.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Don't tell anyone, but this was actually my second jet kill in a tank - the first was a hovering F-35 but that was too easy to consider 'joining the club' :P
Keep trying man! It'll come in time, best to go for the pilots who like to engage ground targets - they make their run, you shoot them in the face! Everybody's happy!
Except the pilot.

Those hovering jet kills still count in my mind, the guy thinks he'll get easy kills hovercrafting, well fuck 'em!

"Hit it"
Old 06-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #24
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:

So, who else is a member of the club?
count me in....I've shot down quite a few planes and choppers with the barrel of my little tank.

lot's of F35's on WAKE where they would fly in and slow down near our flag to capture it. Easy target. But other planes at full speed as well when attacking my tank;

And every low flying vhopper pilot is a victim of my tank shell....but lots of chopper pilot know just how low they can go to be out of range of the barrel elavation.

But I've taken down a few...starting to do this a lot in BC and continued this in BF3

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #25
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
Correction. It is Gealts server I just promote it.
I stand corrected, and shall edit accordingly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Except the pilot.

Those hovering jet kills still count in my mind, the guy thinks he'll get easy kills hovercrafting, well fuck 'em!
Everybody is happy.
These aren't the droids you're looking for

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 06-12-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #26
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich
Everybody is happy.
These aren't the droids you're looking for
Move along...

"Hit it"
Old 06-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #27
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyTheAlmighty View Post
I've taken out jets with tanks, and it's such a satisfying feat.

The other day, I took out a Jet with an RPG, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Damn overachiever!

I shot down my first jet with a tank on Kharg Island after spawning on the US side. I rolled up the hill towards A and he was making a strafing run at me. One shot made short work if his ass. Last night I shot down an Attack Chopper on Kharg Island as well. I don't know if he saw me or not. I suspect he was going to try and capture D but flying at street level towards a tank is not a very brilliant idea.

It's not quite as hard, but I love shooting down Scout Choppers on Nosharh Canals with tanks. They just make such compelling little targets, and damned if they aren't generally a double or triple kill! As a matter of fact I shot Hent High down last night on Damavand Peak. Damn did that feel good!

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #28
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Damn overachiever!

I shot down my first jet with a tank on Kharg Island after spawning on the US side. I rolled up the hill towards A and he was making a strafing run at me. One shot made short work if his ass. Last night I shot down an Attack Chopper on Kharg Island as well. I don't know if he saw me or not. I suspect he was going to try and capture D but flying at street level towards a tank is not a very brilliant idea.

It's not quite as hard, but I love shooting down Scout Choppers on Nosharh Canals with tanks. They just make such compelling little targets, and damned if they aren't generally a double or triple kill! As a matter of fact I shot Hent High down last night on Damavand Peak. Damn did that feel good!
There's always one that has to come along and make us look shit, isn't there? haha

I share your feelings on Little Birds. There's something about them that just feels awesome to shoot down - even more so than Attack or Transport choppers.

Speaking of anti-air you'll all call me a fat liar when I say I went from 20 to 35 total IGLA kills over the course of a couple of games last night. Did the patch make them worth a damn again?
Old 06-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #29
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Speaking of anti-air you'll all call me a fat liar when I say I went from 20 to 35 total IGLA kills over the course of a couple of games last night. Did the patch make them worth a damn again?
I'm not sure, but now that you mention it I might have to give them a whirl again. I'm up to a whooping 15 kills with my Javelin now, and depending on the map, I may go ahead and see if I can earn the Mastery Dog Tag for it. It's definitely a lot easier to rack up kills when people are painting choppers with the laser designator.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #30
Rapturous Rich

The master tag for the Javelin is a thing of beauty, I should know I wore it myself for a while!