PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Rugby Challenge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
PERSUADER2

MrRobertoNZ's Gamercard
game win with 2 players sent off

Any one got any help for this?

Do you have to win while your players are off the field or do you just have to win a game that two players have been sent off during....? Because, how long do yellow cards last for?

Thanks
PERSUADER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
A yellow card isn't a sending off, it's a sin bin.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #3
PERSUADER2

MrRobertoNZ's Gamercard
are you trying to tell me i need to get 2 players red carded!

I dont even know how to obtain a single red card!!
PERSUADER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
zambeezi

Zambeezi's Gamercard
Sin bin is still off the field. Get 2 yellows in the last 10 minutes and you've got 2 players off the field.

It's most likely 2 red cards though and I can't even get a yellow...
zambeezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
rusty_nzl

rusty nzl's Gamercard
This got a whole lot easier now they have put a patch out for the game.
There is a high tackle option you max out, play a long game and keep doing aggressive tackles. Eventually you get yellow then red cards given.
rusty_nzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
coylers

ccmunster23's Gamercard
even when i put up the high tackle frequency i still cant get even get a yellow card let alone a red card.
coylers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
rusty_nzl

rusty nzl's Gamercard
I don't seem to get many card, but managed to get the achievement.
I was playing a 40 min game as Tonga and kept doing aggressive takles while sprinting towards to opposition. I got a bit of a lead first, then kept giving away the ball every time I got it. I didn't get either red card until the last 10 mins of game time.
rusty_nzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #8
tabhunter

robinispeeved's Gamercard
lads turn the high tackle frequency up and play as say all blacks vs worst rated team for 40 odd minutes get some one sin binned for a high tackle the use him to make high tackles and repeat with another player both achievements appear at end of match (the red card one and the 2 red cards and a win)
tabhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
OPG1987

Played for our sins - 35G
Win a match with 2 players sent off

Do this along with "Lack of discipline"

2 player game (w/friend or just 2 controllers), pro difficulty, 20 min halves.
Turn "High Tackle Freq" up to FULL - Lomu All Stars v Germany

Play as Lomu All Stars (controller 1), let Germany (controller 2) win a ruck (tap/hold B as Germany, not Lomu) and when the German player gets the ball at the back of the ruck (controller 2) just run at him with an Lomu All Stars player and tackle with 'Y'. 9 times out of 10 it will be a high tackle. When the penalty is rewarded to Germany, select 'B' (tap) and run at the German ball carrier again with 'Y' tackle to high tackle him. Repeat this over and over until you get 2 red cards.

The idea is to get the same guy to do about 3 or 4 high tackles and that will get him a yellow card. When he comes back onto the field after 10 mins game time and does another high tackle or 2 he will get a red. Chances are you will get about 5 people yellow carded but eventually the odds will be that there will be 2 repeat offenders and they will be your red cards! Select 'Manage Team' from the start menu to see who is on a yellow or red card. As soon as you see you have 2 red cards on the 'Manage Team' window you can go ahead and score some tries and win the game with 2 red cards!
OPG1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
shilbo-assassin

the Bunk 187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
What I did to get both the red card achievements was similar to the above solution but slightly different.

2 player game (I used 2 controllers), pro difficulty, 40 min halves.
Lomu All Stars v Germany. Team wanting the achievement plays as Lomu All Stars.

I just scraped this. I got a straight red 10 seconds from full-time however I found a good technique that if I tried this again would take far less time.

Took almost 2 hours to find a rhythm. Let Germany win a ruck and get possession, I'd tap the buttons to add players for Germany to the ruck with the 2nd controller on my lap. Now, before Germany player takes the ball from the ruck (which they will eventually, you don't have to press B) go offside with a player from your side (Lomu AS) stand next to him and tackle him. Penalty. Then Germany have the chance to tap ball. (PRESS the button on the pad controlling Germany on your lap) This makes it clear to run with a Lomu AS player straight towards the German player holding the ball who has just tap kicked to himself. Then press Y when close to high tackle.

I couldn't find a solid tackling technique but late on I would get a lot of high tackle penalties against me if i ran almost around the player as opposed to directly at him with the ball and pressed Y. Would end up almost clotheslining them.

If you fail, just let Germany recycle the ball again from the resulting ruck, then do the same thing, go offside with a Lomu AS player, tackle the German player when he takes it out of the ruck, then wait until he tap kicks it and with a clear run charge at him and press Y.

Hope this helps.

8000G Pro Evo

Last edited by shilbo-assassin; 10-25-2011 at 07:37 PM.
shilbo-assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #11
Bringin SXC bak

Bringin SXC bak's Gamercard
I highly suggest you use your noodle and turn off 'sin bins' and just keep 'send offs' turned on. That way it goes to straight red instead of having to wait for your yellow carded player to jump back on the field before attempting for a red
123,456 Gamerscore unlocked at 12:34:56am on 7/8/9

People that write guides without a roadmap... Why do you even exist?! Write a damn roadmap!!!
Bringin SXC bak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #12
placid62

JakeyC62's Gamercard
The easiest way I got this achievement was at scrum time.

First play a single play game with 2 controllers (Controller 1 Lomu All stars, Controller 2 Germany). I was playing as Lomu All Stars and kept kicking the ball dead, then as Germany I would opt to take a scrum. I would then let germany win the scrum, (now this came down to a bit of timing) wait for about a second from when the scrum half (#9) picks up the ball then move towards him and pressing Y and you should head high him and get penalized. Repeat until you get sin binned.

The good thing about doing this way is that your scrum half is always the same person (even when your original scrum half is in the bin or sent off)so it is easier to get the same person penalized.
placid62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #13
placid62

JakeyC62's Gamercard
I probably should have mentioned to make sure you have the high tackle frequency maxed out.
placid62 is offline   Reply With Quote