PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Armored Core 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements here when they are reveled!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 AM   #2
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
i really hope they don't make achievements as crazy as "for answer"..

Last edited by the real a 0bsolete; 10-05-2011 at 07:17 PM.
the real a 0bsolete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by the real a 0bsolete View Post
i really hope they don't make achievements as crazy as "for answer"..
Same. Those were incredibly time consuming! I still enjoyed the game though
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
IMxOI

IMxOI's Gamercard
Every achievement expect controlling 10 territories (if you are doing it alone) at once seems too be way easier then anyother previous title
IMxOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
break

Joe D Haze's Gamercard
Exclamation hmm...

i really wonder what kind of DLC achievements will come out >_<"

since there is co-op...would anyone care to help me with some ?

* Joe D Haze *
break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
ScottMacFreedom

ScottMacFreedom's Gamercard
I don't know, I really think 4 was way too easy. For Answer was just rediculous.... Still need to finish that... 9200 kills and wins to go...
ScottMacFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
Vermillion Haze

Vermillion Haze's Gamercard
I have beat all the order matches and bought all the decals. What more do I need to unlock all the emblems? I litteraly have no AC's left to fight.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #8
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion Haze View Post
I have beat all the order matches and bought all the decals. What more do I need to unlock all the emblems? I litteraly have no AC's left to fight.
Story mode? Could be like a "gotta catch 'em all" sort of deal where you can't get all of the emblems in your game and you have to get some by killing people who have the ones you don't in free battle.

What about the secret achievements? Anybody know how you get these? I'm sure they're somewhat story related (after looking the names up online) but I have friends who have done all the order and story missions and still don't have all of them...

"The average white man thinks about sex every six seconds, but he only thinks about sex with a black man once a year."
Worhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Vermillion Haze

Vermillion Haze's Gamercard
You get one secret achievement for doing all the order missions involving the "Men of Honor".
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #10
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Can anybody tell me how to get the Territory Mission Victory achievement? Like, specifically detail? I know it's by doing a territory mission, but what kind? I mean there are tons of different kinds.

"The average white man thinks about sex every six seconds, but he only thinks about sex with a black man once a year."
Old 04-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #11
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Is it difficult to get S ranks on missions for the achievement?
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
Patmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Patmaster

Patmaster1891's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
@worhammer: The achievement is for winning a territorial defense match against real people. A buddy from my squad already has it. I am playing the EU version of the game and as far as I can tell it is really difficult to find an enemy team whilst waiting in defense mode. I hope the player base will rise in the future. :/

@Shinobi: It depends on how familiar you are with the AC series. The S ranks all depend on money income at the end. Basically doing about 1/2 to 3/4 of all subquests in a mission and don't die and use the recover heli you are good. Every subquest gives money, so doing more of them brings you more to the S rank goal. To date, there is no specific income known for each mission to S rank. I am working towards them right now.

All in all, if you know how to evade and dodge AND know the mission layout you will do it. It's all about repetition and learning...

@Topic: Anybody knows when the super weps (the five 30G cheevos) will be released on our servers? I hope that BANDAI NAMCO will not f*** this up. D:
Patmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
^ S rank in this game is way different. idk if i would say it's harder but you definitely have to get used to it.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
^ S rank in this game is way different. idk if i would say it's harder but you definitely have to get used to it.
I S ranked all the missions in AC4 (the only one of the series I have played). I can learn but I'm no miracle worker, ninja gaiden insanity is beyond me. Can I get a comparison to AC4?
Old 04-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #15
Patmaster

I would say that ACV is a bit harder to do all S ranks. There are only 10 missions compared to AC4s somewhat like 40. What makes the difference is that the missions in ACV are longer so you can f*** up your S rank with a little mistake just before the end of the mission. Over AC4 and ACfA the good thing about ACV is that you actually have some kind of info on how you are doing in a mission. When you press back you can see all subquests (ok some are marked ???) your money income and you repair cost. I would say that ACV is not really harder than AC4, it's just a bit different because of how the missions work. Once you get used to the missions and know what AC builds are good you can S rank every mission.

repetitio est mater studiorum!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #16
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
^ the missions are longer, but time isn't a factor.

@shinobi if you S ranked AC4 you will do fine on AC5. i'm the same way as you (not the best, not the worst) and it's not that bad. mission 05 is the only real challenge from what i hear.

on a side note though, if you liked AC4 you will love AC5!! i have been playing AC since AC2 and they did a great job with 5

Last edited by the real a 0bsolete; 04-11-2012 at 12:26 AM.
the real a 0bsolete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Quote:
^ the missions are longer, but time isn't a factor.

@shinobi if you S ranked AC4 you will do fine on AC5. i'm the same way as you (not the best, not the worst) and it's not that bad. mission 05 is the only real challenge from what i hear.

on a side note though, if you liked AC4 you will love AC5!! i have been playing AC since AC2 and they did a great job with 5
I am positive time is a factor. I have A ranked missions with 800K in money (going for as many subquests as possible including minor damage and no resupply) and then gotten less money but beat the mission in half the time, and gotten an S rank (going for time subquest in mission 2, for example.)

Old 04-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worhammer View Post
I am positive time is a factor. I have A ranked missions with 800K in money (going for as many subquests as possible including minor damage and no resupply) and then gotten less money but beat the mission in half the time, and gotten an S rank (going for time subquest in mission 2, for example.)
well yeah, if you get the time subquest it will add to your score but i have never seen a difference in my score based on time. it takes me 10+ minutes to do an S run through a story mission and it doesn't seem to deduct from my score at all
Old 04-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Not very good at reading, are you? I didn't say time detracted from my score. I said that time factors in on the S ranking.

I got a lower score but an S ranking (ended with about 500K) vs. a higher score (around 800K) when going for every single subquest at once. 10 minutes doesn't mean anything when the time limit is 15 minutes. I'm saying that time does matter. Take long enough, and it will be impossible for you to get an S rank no matter how much money you get.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:54 AM   #20
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
^ yeah well this is straight off the guide on TA- "Now to get an S rank, there is a money limit you must achieve to get it. Time, for the most part, is not an issue unless you need to squeeze that last little bit of money from a mission. subquest for time." and i have no reason to doubt it. time might lower your score on its own if you sat idle for 5-10 minutes, but why would you do that?
Old 04-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #21
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Money = score. Time does not influence money EXCEPT for the bonus for time limit subquest. Did a mission and got 800K and an A rank. Went back, did the same mission and got 500K in half the time and an S rank.

Time does matter. Think what you want, but you're clearly wrong, so I'm done trying to explain the obvious to you.

I'd also like to point out that guides on TA (or any site) can often be mistaken. I read a guide on there for an achievement that said it wasn't missable when it was. Just like wikipedia. Sure, it's usually right, but not always.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
Patmaster

I am experiencing the same as Worhammer. I am working towards the last S ranks in the game and struggled with mission 2. I did many runs were I took my time doing all sidequests. I always ended up with an A rank no matter how high my income was. I think that they put in some kind of time penalty, that when you are to much over par time they take some money from your income. When I S'ed mission 2 I was like rushing through everything and doing only 13 of 18 sides...
Old 04-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #23
Ultima OXZ

Ultima OXZ's Gamercard
ok. So after testing the s rank system on mission 01, I have proved that time does not affect rank. Its all money...or damage ratio also...I have yet to test that one.

ok so on mission one I got 523,547 au. S rank. It took 5.32 minutes.

next I did 545,695 au with s rank. Time was 13.28 minutes.

it took some time but I got 532,431 au with a time of 32 minutes. I GOT THE S RANK.

worhammer was there in party with me as I tried for it....
Ultima OXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #24
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
on another note, does anyone know anything about the secret achievements that aren't obtainable?? i made a thread for it but the mods took it down for some reason.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #25
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

There is a discussion of the secret achievements here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=363669