PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Dance Central 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
Evil Dobermann

Evil Dobermann's Gamercard
My game doesn't seem to work the right way

Hello,

I don't know if this is a glitch or my Kinect doesn't work properly or maybe I am just doing things wrong. My problem is the following:

When I am doing moves on a song my dance figure or avatar gets a red silhouette on body parts that are not supposed to be used for the move. As far as I know from the game, a red silhouette tells me I am not dancing in step?!

So example:

I am doing this sunrise-move on Sandstorm: I don't have to move my legs whatsoever. But the figure on screen gets this dumb red silhouette on his legs.

Woo-move on Dragostea Din Tei: Just using one single arm up and down and the game registers my legs and my 2nd arm not being in tact correctly?!

What's going on? Is this supposed to happen? Because if it is, it's confusing me while performing the actual moves. I double and triple checked this, changed clothes and the lightning in the room.

I've played this game before over a friends house and I can't remember having experienced above issues.
Evil Dobermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Are you certain your legs are in the correct position and that the sensor can actually see your legs?
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
Evil Dobermann

Evil Dobermann's Gamercard
Yes, my Kinect sensor is positioned under my TV and I am about 2,5/2,7m away from the TV screen. My body silhouette is in the centre of the Kinect box in the upper right corner of the TV screen.

When I play Kinect Adventures the game registers my legs correctly while playing.
Evil Dobermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Dobermann View Post
Yes, my Kinect sensor is positioned under my TV and I am about 2,5/2,7m away from the TV screen. My body silhouette is in the centre of the Kinect box in the upper right corner of the TV screen.

When I play Kinect Adventures the game registers my legs correctly while playing.
Despite certain limbs not being involved in certain moves, they still need to be in the correct positions. For example, they might need to be close together, or spread apart in a horse stance. Likewise, you might need to have an arm hanging at your side, or across your chest.

Aside from that, I've had days/songs where the Kinect doesn't seem to want to register me properly for whatever reason. I'll be getting Flawless over and over, then randomly fail a move that I've done countless times, with all limbs turning red. I can't really explain it, and it's a pain sometimes, but it certainly doesn't happen anywhere close to all the time. Maybe try cleaning your Kinect sensor and running the calibration again?
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote