VectorCell announced the update on the game's Facebook page earlier today, explaining that the changes are a result of fan feedback. Here's the full list of tweaks:
"According to the tests we carried, Chapter Five is now much easier with these changes"
- The last checkpoint you reach is now saved (instead of going back to the beginning of the chapter)
- The syringes remain in the inventory after a checkpoint is reached
- Amy's Powers remain available after a checkpoint is reached
- The Combat camera has been removed
- Most sequences can now be skipped
- The in-game brightness has been improved
Curious to hear just how improved this makes the game, it's one I was looking forward to until the reviews started coming in.
Most sequences can now be skipped
Does that mean cutscenes or whole sections if you die too many times