PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Simulation > Sid Meier's Pirates!
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Vivi

BlackMageV1V1's Gamercard
Marriage question

Do you have to pass the Dancing minigame in order to marry a girl? I can't for the life of me get a decent score on it. Too many icons on the screen at once. Is there a way to lower the difficulty?
Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Black Barney

Black Barney's Gamercard
try starting on an easier difficulty and taking SKILL AT DANCING as your main perk. There are also clothing items that will make dancing easier. Yes, you need to dance with the girls in order to move their romancing forward. You will have to do other things too other than just dancing. But there will be 2-3 dances involved at least
Black Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
nastymoebie

nastymoebie's Gamercard
You'll find more informations here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/915017-si...tes/faqs/34143
Old 04-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Vivi

Couldn't find an option to change difficulty and I already have the skill tied to romancing set as my skill. Ughhhh.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
nastymoebie

nastymoebie's Gamercard
You can change the difficulty after you've divided plunder
Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
Vivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastymoebie View Post
You can change the difficulty after you've divided plunder
how exactly?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
MacAarburger

MacAarburger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
how exactly?
after you divide the plunder it gives you the option to retire or stay on as captain on the same difficulty. sometimes it gives you the option to stay on as captain on the next higher difficulty.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Vivi

so if you retire you can lower the difficulty? because from what you're saying it sounds like you can only increase it.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
SKIN RIP

Skin Rip's Gamercard
Yes you can only increase it, but if you start a new game you can choose what difficulty you want to start on as well as what speciality you want to be...this all happens before you choose who you want to join.

Hope this helps

SKIN RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIN RIP View Post
Yes you can only increase it, but if you start a new game you can choose what difficulty you want to start on as well as what speciality you want to be...this all happens before you choose who you want to join.

Hope this helps
If you divide very little plunder you do get an option to lower the difficulty. If not you could try going into battle losing your ship and then divide plunder. Your health should be lowered and your gold should be in the very low hundreds. Done it twice now as the sword fights can be very annoying at the higher difficulties. Definitely not getting a 200 on this one.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
MacAarburger

MacAarburger's Gamercard
just made the 'beat montalban on rogue or swashbuckler' achievement by starting on apprentice, switching up to journeyman after rescuing my ant and finding one treasure. then went after all my relatives and killing top 10 pirates. leaving me only to marry, which i did when crossing the ocean westwards from my last time going after raymondo all the way to the south east. after rescuing my last relative i split the loot again changing to the next level. now i finished the path of revenge all the way to montalban. all i needed was the last top 10 pirate (morgan) and i was right next to montalban. i switched to rouge difficulty, got the first incan treasure from my family's card pieces to finance a bigger ship and more crew for the bombarding. oh, i've used a mail runner from the first possible occurence. now i got myself the first big ship, which turned out to be a fast galleon or a trade galleon. i attacked another ship to have enough cannons then went after montalban. lost the first attack, tried again and got to the duel. first he almost had me to the ladder... but then i fast attacked him all the way to his side and won. achievement unlocked.
=> you do not have to play the whole game on rouge or swashbuckler for this achievement. which can be quite a challenge...
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
The Remdizzle

The Remdizzle's Gamercard
I couldn't beat that dude on anything higher than the easiest difficulty level. Fuckin aye!

You like rock music? Lookie here: https://www.facebook.com/theremdizzle
The Remdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote