PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
chiapet

spectre pack or premium spectre pack?

just started playing the multiplayer...should i buy the regular spectre packs or save up and get the premium ones? does the 65% markup on the premium pack necessarily ensure that i get better swag? thanks for any info.
chiapet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
V4Vodka

V4Vodka's Gamercard
Well you are guaranteed two rares rather than 1 in a normal specter pack. Also in my experience I usually get an uncommon in addition to the two rares or even a 3rd rare. I would say it's a better deal. Besides, you could always go back to normal specter packs when the premium ones disappear.
V4Vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
just started playing the multiplayer...should i buy the regular spectre packs or save up and get the premium ones? does the 65% markup on the premium pack necessarily ensure that i get better swag? thanks for any info.
60,000 1 rare

99,000 2 rares with a "higher" chance to get N7 weapons

So yes, it is worth it.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
chiapet

thanks for the info. premium it is!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 AM   #5
pestyoverlord

Premium.
Out of three packs I bought since Tuesday I got one new DLC character in two packs and a widow in the third. Bought one earlier today that had 3 rares.
pestyoverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:40 AM   #6
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yes obviously the premium packs are well worth it. But on another note, which pack is everyone unlocking the new dlc content the most from? I've got two dlc items and that's it. I know its random just wondering which pack everyone is having more luck with.
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #7
pestyoverlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRaW CaRNage x View Post
Yes obviously the premium packs are well worth it. But on another note, which pack is everyone unlocking the new dlc content the most from? I've got two dlc items and that's it. I know its random just wondering which pack everyone is having more luck with.
Got a fourth premium pack. I've received at least one DLC item in each pack.
2 characters and two weapons. Really curious to see what the Krogan AR does at rank X.
pestyoverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
badboyreaper666

Alph4 Cent4uri's Gamercard
i got the weapons in the normal spectre and the characters in the premium
Old 04-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
60,000 1 rare

99,000 2 rares with a "higher" chance to get N7 weapons

So yes, it is worth it.
Yup. Thought it was a bit of a no-brainer really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I swear it doesn't matter....I continue to buy Premiums and have only gotten a MALE SOLDIER as a character....can you believe that nonsense....can there be a more common character the a F@#$ing MALE SOLIDER.

Currently Watching: Workaholics Season 4
Currently Playing: Need for Speed Rivals XB1

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
D-star

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
I some what stick to vet packs. Though I did get my first Black N7 card from a regular spec pack yesterday.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I've bought countless Spectre packs and the only good rare weapon I got was the Revenant AR.
Got a Geth Plasma Shotgun in my second Premium one though but that's more due to the fact it takes a bit to get the 99K needed.

Other than that I continually get Infiltrator stuff and characters I don't want along with the M-8 Avenger.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I swear it doesn't matter....I continue to buy Premiums and have only gotten a MALE SOLDIER as a character....can you believe that nonsense....can there be a more common character the a F@#$ing MALE SOLIDER.
That's basically all I've gotten out of them! The bartarian shit soldier! I just unlocked the assault rifle and harpoon gun out of the premium pack. So I guess ill keep going that way. Shit, I still haven't unlocked the normal Asari adept. And its not like I don't put my time into this game!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #14
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
That's basically all I've gotten out of them! The bartarian shit soldier! I just unlocked the assault rifle and harpoon gun out of the premium pack. So I guess ill keep going that way. Shit, I still haven't unlocked the normal Asari adept. And its not like I don't put my time into this game!
Don't feel bad dude I don't have that Asari Adept either, it's one of two characters I still want. I've been playing this like crazy since launch and I'm still missing five characters altogether.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #15
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Has anyone else got a new character from a vetern pack? A friend of mine swears he got his Geth Infiltrator from vetern.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Don't feel bad dude I don't have that Asari Adept either, it's one of two characters I still want. I've been playing this like crazy since launch and I'm still missing five characters altogether.
Well I don't feel so bad now! Lol its the only non dlc character I don't have! It sucks, because her abilities look like they would be very dominant if used correctly. Ill just keep playing and buying!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #17
Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
the worst part is all my friends i play with continue to get duplicates of the characters I want....my buddy has an asari adept and a justicar....and has gotten them several times....he also has the geth infiltrator....I continue to get med packs and cobra missiles.

Currently Watching: Workaholics Season 4
Currently Playing: Need for Speed Rivals XB1

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
RamrodNineNiner

Send a message via ICQ to RamrodNineNiner

RamrodNineNiner's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydumbdude View Post
Has anyone else got a new character from a vetern pack? A friend of mine swears he got his Geth Infiltrator from vetern.
Yes, I got the Krogan Vangaurd in a veteran pack last week!
RamrodNineNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydumbdude View Post
I can't remember which, but I got the Justicar or Geth Engineer from the Veteran Pack. Once again, it's all luck of the draw.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #20
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamrodNineNiner View Post
Yes, I got the Krogan Vangaurd in a veteran pack last week!
I got him from prem spec hes a tank. Easy no down on Bronze.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #21
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Think I'm only buying vetern packs this weekend. I have all the characters but geth infiltrator but I keep getting the same crap weapons that I don't use in premium. At least this way I can get some more equipment.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #22
RamrodNineNiner

Send a message via ICQ to RamrodNineNiner

RamrodNineNiner's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cuda View Post
I got him from prem spec hes a tank. Easy no down on Bronze.
Yeah, it feels like cheating. He's pretty much invincible on bronze until you get too cocky and biotic charge into a Banshee.
RamrodNineNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #23
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
I got geth engineer friday and geth infiltrator today and alot of crap in between from premium spectre pack.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #24
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

At least for me, the Premium packs seem to be very stingy on giving rockets. Bought about ~13-15 premium packs during these last few days, and only 3-4 of them gave me rockets.

I have a shit ton of everything else (survival packs, thermal packs, medi-gel etc.) but I only have about 5-6 rockets left

Btw, they mentioned that 3-4 new supplies were to be introduced with the new DLC, but I have yet to get at least one. Why?

P.S. - They seem to concentrate on DLC items mostly. After unlocking about ~5-7 packs I had the Kishock upgraded to 5 and the Striker assault rifle to 4. The Striker is a beast on Bronze and Silver difficulties, when combined with Cryo ammo does massive damage. It's like the USAS-12 from Battlefield 3 Only even more OP in a sense.

P.S.S - Got the Krogan Battlemaster yesterday. Total beast, when combined with a Geth Plasma shotgun. Basically immortal on Bronze, and when you play Silver, you feel like you're playing Bronze Though Salarian Engineer is still the best for Gold.

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 04-14-2012 at 11:20 PM.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #25
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
P.S.S - Got the Krogan Battlemaster yesterday. Total beast, when combined with a Geth Plasma shotgun. Basically immortal on Bronze, and when you play Silver, you feel like you're playing Bronze Though Salarian Engineer is still the best for Gold.
Just wait till you unlock the Geth Infiltrator and give him a Claymore X. He will tear gold apart against any enemy type.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #26
jwtaylor1980

armaedes's Gamercard
I still haven't maxed out the uncommon weapons and am buying veteran packs: should I take advantage of the "2 rares" pack while it's available, or keep buying veteran?
jwtaylor1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #27
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtaylor1980 View Post
I still haven't maxed out the uncommon weapons and am buying veteran packs: should I take advantage of the "2 rares" pack while it's available, or keep buying veteran?
I would take advantage of the two rares because you are going to get 2 rares no matter what. And you might get an uncommon also.

And you can get rares in vet packs but it's a slight chance. So if your going for rares get the specter pack or the premium one.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #28
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
the worst part is all my friends i play with continue to get duplicates of the characters I want....my buddy has an asari adept and a justicar....and has gotten them several times....he also has the geth infiltrator....I continue to get med packs and cobra missiles.
Yeah, I've been extremely lucky from the premium packs. I've gotten the justicar and battlemaster from one premium pack and the geth engineer and smg from another. I think I have all the DLC items besides the batarians classes, butI haven't gotten any equipment besides Thermal clips which I am currently maxed out on. Also completely put of rockets and health packs.

Case in point: Buy the premium packs.

Thanks to Gackt
koopakiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #29
kujo28

SiMpLy NoiR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummers View Post
I would take advantage of the two rares because you are going to get 2 rares no matter what. And you might get an uncommon also.

And you can get rares in vet packs but it's a slight chance. So if your going for rares get the specter pack or the premium one.
-points up-

What he said. You can always buy the regular spectre packs since they'll always be there at the store; the premium packs seem to come and go (for instance premiums will be gone Monday) and for the chance to earn some rare N7 weapons it can't be ignored. You can always go back to buying vet/spectre packs when premiums are no more.

kujo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #30
chiapet

so after purchasing a handful of the premuim spectre packs, i can already see the frustration that people have with the randomness of the contents - especially with the character unlocks. i've received 2 batarian sentinels (obviously a waste on the 2nd one), and even a card for a default unlocked character - human female infiltrator. wtf? . why are there even cards for characters that are already unlocked? i suppose you need them after promoting a character?