PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Fez
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Roadmap:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10

- Approximate time: 4+ Hours

- Offline: 200 

- Online: 0
- Missable Achievements: 0 (New Game+ allows you to keep all your collectables.)
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (Though I'd suggest 1 and a bit. After you finish the first playthrough, you get the ability to fly which makes collecting so, so much easier.)

- Glitched achievements: 0

- Cheats: 1 (Press to fly)

Introduction:

You play as Gomez, a wonderful little white creature living in a 2D world, but one day an old man gifts you with a fez which grants you the power to see the 2D world in a 3D perspective. In doing so, you create a rip in the Universe and it's up to you to fix it. To do so, you need to explore the world and find small cube shards that can be put together to make a cube, which then make an even greater cube that represents the Universe.

Breakdown:
The game is pretty straight forward to beat, but it's got this sense of adventure and wonder that's pretty great. You may be this little small guy in this huge realm, but you're tasked with fixing the entire Universe. There aren't any enemies, though you can get killed by falling too far or being sucked into black holes. Apart from that, you'll just be collecting and exploring the world to 100% this game.

Playthrough 1:
Fez is a very open game that's about exploration and adventure, so when you're following the collectables guide you'll probably need to scroll up and down to find the collectable in your area. I've tried to bunch anti-cubes and collectables that are in the same area together, but still, always double check the guide to make sure you're not missing anything. If you do miss something and finish the game, just select new game+. You get to keep all of your old collectables and there's even a heart piece that you can't unlock until you start new game+ anyway.

Apart from that, I'd say just play the game and enjoy yourself. Avoid black holes as they'll suck you in and kill you, if there's a flashing yellow square outline it means that there's a cube piece in the area. Always use your map to check if there's a room, cube piece, secret, locked room etc. you've missed. To access the map, press the select button. There's a legend in the bottom left so you know what every symbol means.

Playthrough 2:
If you do end up playing a quick second playthrough to collect some more cubes, you can use the following cheat to fly:
It really does make the game so much easier. Whenever there are invisible platforms or extremely high towers that would usually take 5 minutes to climb will take 10 seconds.

After finishing the game once, you can now access the black monolith heart piece. You can find it at the bottom of my guide here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=508838

Conclusion:
The game is simple enough to 100%, but be sure to explore a bit on your own. The fun part of the game is the exploration.

---

Sum Total - 40
Find ALL collectibles.

You'll get this achievement at the very end of the game after you've collected everything you possibly can. There are 32 normal cubes, 32 anti-cubes, 9 treasure maps, 4 artifacts and 3 heart pieces.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=508838

Get a Cube - 10
Find your very first cube shard.

This achievement will be the first one you'll unlock after getting your fez. You'll need to search through the village to find 8 cube shards, rotating the world as you look for them. If you're stuck at all, the locations of the 8 shards are:

1. Right in front of you.
2. On the other side of the door that's locked.
3. Inside the classroom. It's the room under the guy with a monocle.
4. Rotate twice and enter that room.
5. To the left of the guy with the monocle in a hole in the wall.
6. On the same platform as 5, there are two rooms. 6 is in one of these.
7. 7 is in the other.
8. At the very top of the village.

Kill Screen - 25
Get to the end.

You'll need to collect 32 cubes to get this achievement. That can be anti-cubes or regular old cubes. You'll get an awesome ending so don't skip it, then you can start New Game+ to collect anything you might have missed.

Hexahedronaut - 25
Collect all 32 Golden Cubes and 32 Anti-Cubes.

When you enter an area, you can check your map to see if there's any gold shards that you can collect or secrets etc. Gold shards will also irradiate a golden square outline so you know there's a gold shard somewhere in the area.

For the anti-cubes, refer to the "Sum Total" achievement above.

Haikus not epics - 10
Find the Tome artifact.

There are four artifacts in the game, each with their own achievement. They are not very hard to come by, especially if you use the thread listed above. To find the Tome Artifact you have to go to the Museum area (near the clocktower) and push the bookshelf in to reveal a secret room. Within this room there is a chest, open it and the artifact is yours.

Here is a great video that shows you the exact location of this artifact:

Phrenologist - 10
Find the Skull artifact.

To find the Skull artifact, you'll need to enter the Graveyard area and enter the crypt with the locked door. You're supposed to use the 4 similar treasure maps to see what doors you're supposed to enter to find the secret artifact room, but it's so much easier just using the video below.

Mightier than the sword - 10
Find the Writing Cube artifact.

To find the Writing Cube artifact, you'll need to enter the Crying Waterfall area and enter the tree above. The Writing Cube artifact will be at the very top of the area inside a chest.

A numbers game - 10
Find the Counting Cube artifact.

To find the Counting Cube artifact you'll have to go to the Museum area again, but instead of entering it you'll need to enter a door on a floating island to the left. It's also where you'll find one of the owls you need for the owl anti-cube. Reach the top, enter the building and open the chest to get the cube.

Here is a great video that shows you the exact location of this artifact.

Equal and opposite - 15
Find an Anti-Cube.

Can be done in the very first level, after you gain the ability to change perspective in the game. By inserting the code “RT RT LT RT RT LT LT LT” you will unlock both this achievement and the “Achievement Unlocked” achievement which you get for inserting the code above.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Last edited by DEG23; 08-02-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Warp zone - 15
Reactivate all 5 warp gates.

This should unlock naturally as you progress through the world. There are 5 main areas in the game, with several worlds around them, and once you enter the 5th world, this achievement will unlock. A map on where to find these, and how to unlock it will come soon, but as I said this should come naturally as you progress through the game.

Sewer Area
Graveyard Area
Industrial Area
Town Area
Abandoned Area

Cryptographer - 15
Break the code.

This can also be done in the first level. Enter the house with a big picture of a guy wearing a monocle. Insert the following code “RT RT LT RT LT LT RT” to unlock both an anti-cube and this achievement.

Achievement unlocked - 15
RTRTLTRTRTLTLTLT

Can be done anywhere in the game. Simply insert the code in the achievement description “RT RT LT RT RT LT LT LT” in the game to unlock an anticube. If this is your first anti-cube, you will also get “Equal and opposite”, which requires you to find an anti-cube.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Fez Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Thanks for this Purge, finally got around to playing this game after purchasing it a year ago. This will prove to be useful, much appreciation.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote