PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rocksmith
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
demonizer_andy

demonizer andy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
how far have you progressed??

hi guys, i posted a while back asking your honest views and opinions, i know its been out in the states and rest of the world a while now and its finally coming to the uk.....

so as the thread states where are you now and how far have you come with guitar playing, again answer honestly

had you ever played a guitar before.
how is your understanding of music
are you able to play the most complex of songs in this game with ease now or getting to that stage
how easy is it for you to look at other music now and play along to that

and also add any other views and opinions

im looking forward to it i have a basic understanding of guitars i play some acoustic and know my chords so more than anything its speed building i want to gain from this and playing something like slither with a different approach im quite looking forward to, iv never attempted that song or any on the list i dont believe, but anyways let us know how you have progressed
demonizer_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
DJprofessahK

xK4G3x's Gamercard
I've had the game for about 5 days now, and am at rank 3

My guitar experience is very minimal. I have messed around with friends instruments but never took the time to try and learn myself, but always wanted to. I saw this had a price drop and went for it.

I think its fun, and I seem to be learning some. I think the system is awesome for doing things like throwing up tutorials it thinks will help and the tuner is great. There are times its frustrating because I think it gets hiccups processing whats coming out of the guitar the more complicated the song gets.

Something I tend to do after playing a song is going into the amp and just playing around what I was just learned playing a song, especially since I can then look at my fingers, which is the hardest part about getting started for me.

And my fingers hurt. Blisters, here I come.
DJprofessahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
demonizer_andy

haha yeah fingers always hurt till you get calous's built up and your wrists and hands till muscle memory is sorted, would like a few more peoples views on the game, preferebly someone whose had it a while n never played a guitar before, tho Dj keep the post updated with your progress
Old 05-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
daloser

WiiDaLoser's Gamercard
Hey demonizer,

I got the game around mid November 2011 and have played about 4 1/2-5 months out of that entire time. Last time I checked xbox.com, I was around 250 hours of tracked play time.

* Zero guitar experience prior to RS
* Zero musical experience

I started RS by focusing on the songs. Did this for the first couple of levels. Occasionally doing technique challenges as they got recommended. Started playing the baseball guitarcade game when RS started throwing more complex song versions at me. This helped me with fret shifting as well as moving up and down the strings.

After a while I focused back on songs only. consistently felt challenged and more importantly I felt that my skills were improving. Kept pushing up to mid-level 7. By this point, I had levelled most of the songs I had previously played to about 100k in points. Huge difference from where I was at when I first started (somewhere in the 9k range).

Though, I no longer felt like I was improving, but rather that I was just grinding thru songs. Didn't think I was retaining anything.

So, this is when I changed focus from song playing to the Guitarcade games. Played them all and really settled in with Scale Runner. First just tried to get 1 million points on the first scale. Then tried to get 1 mil on each of the 11 scales. Before long, I was trying to get 5mil per scale. Within a month, I was hitting 12mil per scale and currently have them all over 14mil.

Scale Runner's done wonders to improve my playing: speed, accuracy, fretting technique, picking.

Still spend alot of time in Scale runner, but now toss in a few rounds of the Chordead game and Ducks. Plus I try to qualify at least one song a week. I could easily do more songs, but I really did get hooked on scales. It's easily the best of all the games

Still playing nearly every day, even at the expense of other games. My backlog can attest to that
daloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
demonizer_andy

nice, good to see its helping you out and your still enjoying it, the scales thing sounds interesting, cant wait to give this game a try
Old 06-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #6
Skittles8803

Skittles8806's Gamercard
I have been playing guitar now for about 5 years before I picked this game up. I love it. If you have minimal experience playing guitar, this is not a bad starting point because the game will teach you some of the basics. The virtual amplifier is also one of the best features of the game.
Skittles8803 is offline   Reply With Quote