PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #91
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by irriducibile87 View Post
Thanks, I couldn't find them.
Anytime here to help!

To rokkyrok:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post

50G Necromancer
Relive all of Auckes's memories in Dethmold's vision.
Story related.
Just a lil heads-up when/where the achievement is going to be triggered, you can take the other infos from the above posts (ChaosTheoryV2X).

Chapter II > Quests > THE ASSASSINS OF KINGS > HELP DETHMOLD IN HIS NECROMANTIC RITUAL

The guy MASTER MYRON, where to buy the potion formula GADWALL is right outside the tent (where Dethmold is inside), next to the entrance.

Create the potion (1x Rebis/1xVermilion/1xCaelum/1xSol/1xAether), drink it and talk to Dethmold again to start the ritual.

!THE ACHIEVEMENT POPPED FOR ME AS SOON AS I KILLED THE ALL OF THE SOLDIERS IN THE 5th FRAGMENT!

If you die during that fight you will MISS OUT on this achievement.

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 04-21-2012 at 10:38 AM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #92
irriducibile87

Irriducibile87's Gamercard
For anyone playing on Dark Mode: I cannot find anywhere the Draugir Armor Fragment needed to craft the Oathbreaker Armor.
The only point in Chapter 2 where I could fight Draugirs was the very beginning of the chapter and just a couple of them. I didn't loot them so I think now I cannot complete the Oathbreaker set.
So be careful and remember to loot Draugir Armor Fragment immediately or you will not be able to obtain the Oathbreaker set.
irriducibile87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #93
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
For anyone playing on Dark Mode: I cannot find anywhere the Draugir Armor Fragment needed to craft the Oathbreaker Armor.
The only point in Chapter 2 where I could fight Draugirs was the very beginning of the chapter and just a couple of them. I didn't loot them so I think now I cannot complete the Oathbreaker set.
So be careful and remember to loot Draugir Armor Fragment immediately or you will not be able to obtain the Oathbreaker set.
I got it from fighting the big badass DRAUG boss in the mist. So you are good to go. Also I don't know why wasting time in crafting the Oathbreaker or what it is called.

I managed to advance in DARK mode without it.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #94
irriducibile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
I got it from fighting the big badass DRAUG boss in the mist. So you are good to go. Also I don't know why wasting time in crafting the Oathbreaker or what it is called.

I managed to advance in DARK mode without it.
Are you sure ?

Because the draug armor fragment and the draugir armor fragment share a similar name but are two completely different materials (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Draugir_armor_fragment and http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Draug_armor_fragment).

The one needed fot the oathbreaker armor is the draugir armor fragment.
If I'm not wrong, I think the draug should only drop the draug armor fragment.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #95
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Are you sure ?

Because the draug armor fragment and the draugir armor fragment share a similar name but are two completely different materials (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Draugir_armor_fragment and http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Draug_armor_fragment).

The one needed fot the oathbreaker armor is the draugir armor fragment.
If I'm not wrong, I think the draug should only drop the draug armor fragment.
Ok my bad. You are right. I have the Draug armor.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #96
tiptup

ikon76's Gamercard
really handy guide so far.
intimidator,apprentice and gambler can all be got easily in the prologue. plenty of stuff to pick up for the ptions, the guards side quest in the town has an intimidate option and there's dice and arm wrestling in the camp and the fist fight in the cell is where my ach popped
Old 04-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #97
ryanclive

Hikusaak's Gamercard
15G Threesome
Kill three foes at once by performing a group finisher.

For this one, if I may suggest, please do mention that it can only be done on human/sentient enemies. Very minor info, but it could help others who are doing it on monsters, thinking it's a glitch that the finisher animation shows only 1 enemy.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I never took the time to read the other pages.
ryanclive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #98
ChaosTheoryV2X

ChaosTheory V2X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanclive View Post
15G Threesome
Kill three foes at once by performing a group finisher.

For this one, if I may suggest, please do mention that it can only be done on human/sentient enemies. Very minor info, but it could help others who are doing it on monsters, thinking it's a glitch that the finisher animation shows only 1 enemy.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I never took the time to read the other pages.
Also this is really easy if you just pull out your sword in a city and have a bunch of guards swarm up .

@ TC For getting the 3 adrenaline ability achievements (the mutant/heliotrope/group finisher) It's much for practical to instead do the quest From a Bygone Era as you are able to fully respec, simply make a save before you talk to the Operator. This is just easier than holding onto points imo.
ChaosTheoryV2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #99
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Anytime here to help!

To rokkyrok:

Just a lil heads-up when/where the achievement is going to be triggered, you can take the other infos from the above posts (ChaosTheoryV2X).

Chapter II > Quests > THE ASSASSINS OF KINGS > HELP DETHMOLD IN HIS NECROMANTIC RITUAL

The guy MASTER MYRON, where to buy the potion formula GADWALL is right outside the tent (where Dethmold is inside), next to the entrance.

Create the potion (1x Rebis/1xVermilion/1xCaelum/1xSol/1xAether), drink it and talk to Dethmold again to start the ritual.

!THE ACHIEVEMENT POPPED FOR ME AS SOON AS I KILLED THE ALL OF THE SOLDIERS IN THE 5th FRAGMENT!

If you die during that fight you will MISS OUT on this achievement.
Yep, i just drank it and finished the mission and it popped for me.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #100
rokkyrok

rokkyrok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
updated and credited some peeps.
(it's kinda turning into a guide now, which i wasn't going for)
but if more info is needed and keeps coming, i will add/edit.
rokkyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #101
ChaosTheoryV2X

Quote:
updated and credited some peeps.
(it's kinda turning into a guide now, which i wasn't going for)
but if more info is needed and keeps coming, i will add/edit.
Good stuff man. I would possibly recommend something I'm not 100% sure on this but from what I've gathered its fairly difficult to achieve the level 35 achievement on the Roche path, but sounds like it's much easier on the Ioverth, I can't confirm but if it's true definitely something you should add in.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #102
DarkMellie

DarkMellie's Gamercard
I wish I'dread this before starting thanks to both the Troll achievements and the going Dark with the Roche path.

I'm on Normaland saved the first bridge troll... But I haven't come across any other trolls than the one outside the Kaedwini camp in Chapter 2, and it just attacks me straight up. What have I missed?

Great guide btw

Off-topic... i have Witcher 2 on PC with dual 580's and can play on max everything and it looks gorgeous. I'm both surprised and stoked that it still manages to look gorgeous on the Xbox. If any of you haven't played the first Witcher on PC I highly recommend you check it out (would run beautifully on most rigs these days)... it asks even more of the player than Witcher 2 does, it explains itself less and therefore is more rewarding when you start smashing through the quests... also recommend playing it so you have to brew potions manually (not sure if W2 has this on Dark?).. having to figure out ingredients really added to the immersion.

DarkMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #103
littlejay

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Question. The achievements for killing/sparing the dragon, are those path related like the guide says? I don't get why you have to replay the game for the other choice and choose the other path.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #104
Tenreth

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
Question. The achievements for killing/sparing the dragon, are those path related like the guide says? I don't get why you have to replay the game for the other choice and choose the other path.
No they are not. But there is an other chevo, that requires you to free the dragon from that magic spell on Ivoreth's path.

You can get 45 out of 50 chevos on Roche's path if you play on dark and if this is your first game, 42/50 on Iorveth's

Last edited by Tenreth; 04-23-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Tenreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #105
littlejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenreth View Post
No they are not. But there is an other chevo, that requires you to free the dragon from that magic spell on Ivoreth's path.

You can get 45 out of 50 chevos on Roche's path if you play on dark and if this is your first game, 42/50 on Iorveth's
You mean this one?

Spellbreaker, start by helping Philippa out of the prison. Don't go rescue Triss!

and - Dragonheart, choose "Walk away". can be on either playthrough?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #106
Tenreth

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
You mean this one?

Spellbreaker, start by helping Philippa out of the prison. Don't go rescue Triss!

and - Dragonheart, choose "Walk away". can be on either playthrough?
Yes and yes.

Just reload the 2nd autosave in the list (first one is after your choice). this is the save before climbing the roof. so you can skip the first part of the battle.

Btw. i love your profile pic! want this in higher resolution!

Last edited by Tenreth; 04-23-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #107
TTwen

TTwen's Gamercard
Will I be able to unlock the level 35 achievement and the skill specific achievements in arena mode?

If so, it might be easy to get Master of Magic / Master Alchemist / Swordmaster by getting level 15 in arena three times(6 points for training, 8 points to get the required skill).

=== update: ===
What I did: Tried with easy, died in the 6th fight, but can still play and level up. Then played all the way to the 32rd fight, also got the achievement Last Man Standing along the way.

What I found: Can reach level 35, but won't unlock the Guru achievement; also, can learn those 'Adrenaline' skill but can NOT get those achievements (Master Alchemist / Master of Magic / Swordmaster).
(I guess the only achievements the arena mode can unlock are the two arena related achievements: Survive your 5th/30th fight in the Arena.)

Last edited by TTwen; 04-24-2012 at 07:02 AM.
TTwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #108
Tenreth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTwen View Post
Will I be able to unlock the level 35 achievement and the skill specific achievements in arena mode?

If so, it might be easy to get Master of Magic / Master Alchemist / Swordmaster by getting level 15 in arena three times(6 points for training, 8 points to get the required skill).
Give it a shot and tell us
Old 04-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #109
littlejay

35 does not unlock in arena.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #110
TTwen

TTwen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenreth View Post
Give it a shot and tell us
Tried, the answer is no, too bad.

Also updated in my post(#107).
TTwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #111
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:
Roadmap to 1000

I also suggest going with Iorveth on your first normal/easy playthrough, cos I found it easier than Roche's path.
So the steps to 1k are easy enough and they are:

Step 1:
Normal/easy playthrough with Iorveth and kill the trolls.
Step 2:
Dark playthrough with Vernon Roche and spare the trolls.

Preparations/tips:
-For your first playthrough, kill all (3) trolls. Trollslayer will pop during chapter 2.
-Spare all 3 on your second (there’s actually a 4th with Vernon, not sure if he counts)
Hi, I love your guide, but I just want to comment on one aspect.
That is the troll slayer/spare the trolls

I bought the Prirma guide and wanted to share this quote with you:

Quote:
Later in the game , you have to decide whether you side with Iorveth or Roche. Whhat you decide can have impact on the two achievements related whether you befriend of kill all the trolls in your game.

If you side with Roche, it becomes very difficult to unlock the achievement for befriending all trolls.

In short, if you're pretty sure you're going to side with Roch, it's best to resolve this quest (Troll Trouble) by killing the troll.
If you really want to befriend all the game's trolls, then you side with Iorveth.

On the quest "The siege of Vergen, "Even if you give all friendly responses to the She-Troll, Roche ussually begins to attack her after the dialogue ends. This automatically initiates combat, forces youu to kill her if you want to loot the shipwreck nearby. Because of this, it's really not worth it to go for the friend of troll achievement on Roche's Route. It's very easy to get the secret achievement for killing trolls though.
I'm not there yet on my play through, so I can NOT confirm this.

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #112
irriducibile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH 1975 View Post
Hi, I love your guide, but I just want to comment on one aspect.
That is the troll slayer/spare the trolls

I bought the Prirma guide and wanted to share this quote with you:

I'm not there yet on my play through, so I can NOT confirm this.
Maybe it happened only to me, but I got the friend of trolls achievement on my Roche Dark playthrough without any problems.
It unlocked right after I told the husband troll that we saved his wife.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #113
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Maybe it happened only to me, but I got the friend of trolls achievement on my Roche Dark playthrough without any problems.
It unlocked right after I told the husband troll that we saved his wife.
I did too. The guide was clearly wrong. That's one reason I never buy strategy guides anymore. They always have errors. And honestly with online wikis they're a complete waste of money anyway.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #114
whassupbun

whassupbun's Gamercard
Back to the top with you, why isn't this thread stickied yet?

A quick question: How much better is the Kingslayer's outfit, compared to the Oathbreaker's outfit? And is it worth it?

I've read that you can only get the Kingslayer's outfit in Chapter 3, whereas you can get the Oathbreaker's early in Chapter 2.
I'm near the end of chapter 1 at the Crossroad:Roche. Thanks to the ridiculous amount of time I spent playing poker dice in an attempt to get the "Poker!" achievement (still haven't got it after 7 hours), I have accumulated around 7000 orens.
According to the Witcher 2 wiki, 5026 orens are needed for the Oathbreaker's outfit, and 7931 orens for the Kingslayer's outfit. If the difference between the two isn't overly significant, I'll just get the Oathbreaker's and be done with it, I really can't be bothered to grind orens anymore.

whassupbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #115
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

I believe it's a significant improvement. Here are links to the individual pieces allowing for an easy comparison to each individual piece. So you can judge for yourself. I found it to be worth it. Plus it's the coolest looking set in the game in my opinion.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Oathbreaker%27s_armor

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Kinslayer%27s_armor

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Oathbreaker%27s_boots

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Kinslayer%27s_boots

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Oathbreaker%27s_gauntlets

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Kinslayer%27s_gauntlets

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Oathbreaker%27s_trousers

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Kinslayer%27s_trousers

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Virgin

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Weeper

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Unicorn

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Mourner

Hope that helps you make a decision. Just so you're 100% clear on the way I linked it. It's an Oathbreaker component link followed by it's comparable Kinslayer link. Including the weapons. The stats speak for themselves. You get a lot of coin in Chapter 2 and Chapter 3. After buying all of the components for the armor and some extra items, I still have thousands of orens left over. I did grind for about an hour at the Visionary harpy spawn point though.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #116
E10phoenix

darkphoenix1992's Gamercard
So how do i get onto the Ioverth Path then?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #117
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E10phoenix View Post
So how do i get onto the Ioverth Path then?
By siding with him. It's pretty clear when you have to make your choice. Just favor him, and you should not miss it.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #118
SeanTM22

SEANtm22's Gamercard
Which path do you guys recommend for the Easy/Normal Playthrough? OP says's Iorveth since its easier, but would'nt you want the easier option playing through on Dark? Maybe its doesnt really matter, but i just wanted some other opinions.

Also, regarding "The Kayran: A Matter of Price" its unclear whether you have to talk to the merchant before or after the fight with the Kayran. I personally talked to the merchant and did the Axii thing to convince him to double the reward money BEFORE the fight. Maybe you can do it after, but this is how I did it

Also, im lvl 11.5 at the end of Ch. 1. Is this where I should be to be on track for getting lvl 35 by the end?

Last edited by SeanTM22; 04-26-2012 at 03:58 AM.
SeanTM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #119
ChaosTheoryV2X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTM22 View Post
Which path do you guys recommend for the Easy/Normal Playthrough? OP says's Iorveth since its easier, but would'nt you want the easier option playing through on Dark? Maybe its doesnt really matter, but i just wanted some other opinions.

Also, im lvl 11.5 at the end of Ch. 1. Is this where I should be to be on track for getting lvl 35 by the end?
IMO: Do Iorveths on your Dark Playthrough and do ALL quests and this should hopefully ensure you get level 35, it seems more XP is gained down Iorveths past through either extra side missions or better main mission xp, not sure but clearly more. This will also make your Dark a little easier since you'll be higher level~. (also.. use magic/cursed armor sets = dark = easy.)
Old 04-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #120
MetalMudkip

MetalMudkip's Gamercard
I managed to get 'Pest Control' without doing the Gargoyles, I started the quest last main story quest, got the achievement, then it proceeded to tell me that I failed The Gargoyle Contract, and all the other Chapter 3 side-quest contracts. Kinda didn't think that was the last part of the game though, but it appears to be.
MetalMudkip is offline   Reply With Quote