FEZ Decoder: Letters to Numbers to Tetrominos (WIP)

zingrook

zingrook,

I double checked all the values you have listed (the first four rows anyway since I don't buy the button press / tetromino connection) and there seems to be a few errors. Rather than cutting a pasting things that might not then be the right colors, I thought maybe you could modify your original.

If you "unfold" the counting and writing cubes into 2D space as indicated on the chalkboard and then draw them on one sheet of paper so you can spin the paper around and always have the same orientations relative to each other, you can double check ME.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1191426/Screen%20Shot%202012-04-18%20at%209.20.28%20PM.png

D is not the symbol for 4 but 3, the one with one line at the 6 o'clock position obviously, NOT the 1+2 version.

I think whatever confusion led to D being wrong also made W wrong. It should be not a 3 but a 4. The one with the line at the 9 o'clock position, NOT the 1+3 version.

Q and K should be the same symbol and therefore the same number, 7 - the 1+2+4 version NOT the 3+4 version.

There also seems to be a rotational issue where Z and X are swapped.

Z should be 8 and X should be 9.

Seeing information in different ways may help some people, so I've here written the letters down beside their related numbers sequentially.

0 - F L R Y

1 - P

2 - J

3 - D T

4 - A M W

5 - B N

6 - E G S

7 - H K/Q

8 - Z

9 - X

10 - C I O U/V

I don't know if this will ever come into use, but you never know. So it'd help if the table's 100% accurate.

I have decided that the above image was too confusing and cluttered, so I made an all new Rosetta stone that is more visually appealing, while minimizing the amount of information written on it. It now only contains the alphabet. The rest was mostly conjecture anyway.

I have decided that the above image was too confusing and cluttered, so I made an all new Rosetta stone that is more visually appealing, while minimizing the amount of information written on it. It now only contains the alphabet. The rest was mostly conjecture anyway.

Well I thought it was great. Particularly the colors since it helped reinforce the patterns. I know you said you gleaned the info from other sources, but you obviously put effort into its graphical representation. I agree that the buttons/tetrominos were too big of a conjecture. As the mapping of writing to number cube may be also. But as a tool to consolidate that info for those who do think they may be related, it is perfect.

Do what you will. Ill cut and paste if I have to. :)