PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Trials: Evolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #31
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I agree that the game isn't too hard for veterans of the game and I've nearly completed all the tracks and I'm only 2hrs in... But I'm not going to put it at a 7 just because we can walk all over it.
Not to prolong this discussion forever, but basically everyone on the entire internet is saying this same exact thing and I don't get it. I'm one of the people you're talking about! I couldn't finish Extreme tracks in HD, I couldn't finish the Endurance, I never bought DLC and I haven't played it for over two years. Not even a little bit.

And I'm having comparatively little trouble in this game. Getting golds left and right even on Hard and I've even finished two Extreme tracks! I couldn't even get over the first obstacle in Extreme tracks in HD! The game just isn't as hard as HD in any way.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #32
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
You guys should start a difficulty average thing like PS3Trophies have? Not always accurate but seems to be about right 90% of the time.

Also for custom finish Nozza you might want to add you can use a dummy control. Makes it easier.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #33
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROGTURIST View Post
Not to prolong this discussion forever, but basically everyone on the entire internet is saying this same exact thing and I don't get it. I'm one of the people you're talking about! I couldn't finish Extreme tracks in HD, I couldn't finish the Endurance, I never bought DLC and I haven't played it for over two years. Not even a little bit.

And I'm having comparatively little trouble in this game. Getting golds left and right even on Hard and I've even finished two Extreme tracks! I couldn't even get over the first obstacle in Extreme tracks in HD! The game just isn't as hard as HD in any way.
Well to grab this discussion by the balls and crush it once and for all, I'll bring the difficulty down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
You guys should start a difficulty average thing like PS3Trophies have? Not always accurate but seems to be about right 90% of the time.

Also for custom finish Nozza you might want to add you can use a dummy control. Makes it easier.
Yeah, I was going to add this to some of the multiplayer achievements, but I just hadn't got around to testing it out yet, so thanks for confirming!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #34
MonkeyPunchBaby

MonkeyPunchBaby's Gamercard
Which achievement is the secret one?

MonkeyPunchBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #35
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyPunchBaby View Post
Which achievement is the secret one?
Nervous twitch.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #36
MonkeyPunchBaby

MonkeyPunchBaby's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Nervous twitch.
Thanks, everywhere I looked either just had it listed or was just saying secret achievement. Perhaps you could mark it in guide, just for reference?

MonkeyPunchBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #37
HigH-SideR

LL GSVR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great video with 9/20 squirrels

HigH-SideR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #38
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Great guide so far! Very happy it's not 10/10 difficulty. Still not an easy game by any means but seeing that gives new players like me some hope of beating it :P

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #39
D347H0FL0V3

Death 0f Love's Gamercard
I'd give it a 10/10 for difficulty because the Hard the Hard Way achievement is a fucking EPIC pain in the ASS! I get up the first hill and that shitty ass jump over the explosives, as of now, is the ultimate bane of my existence. I HATE that jump with the fiery passion of 1,000 burning infants.

EDIT: New complaint about "Hard the Hard Way." How in the holy mother of HELL are you supposed to get over the log jump??? The 125 can't bunny hop worth a damn and anytime I try to just gun it over the jump, my back tire never...and I mean NEVER....makes it onto the second log.

Last edited by D347H0FL0V3; 04-19-2012 at 09:55 PM.
D347H0FL0V3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #40
LO BALLER

LO BALLER's Gamercard
I believe that everyone in here has the ability to create a guide. The person that created it put it at a 10. If you disagree great but this is an achievement guide. Not a whine and complain about the creators thoughts on difficulty.
LO BALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #41
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by D347H0FL0V3 View Post
I'd give it a 10/10 for difficulty because the Hard the Hard Way achievement is a fucking EPIC pain in the ASS! I get up the first hill and that shitty ass jump over the explosives, as of now, is the ultimate bane of my existence. I HATE that jump with the fiery passion of 1,000 burning infants.

EDIT: New complaint about "Hard the Hard Way." How in the holy mother of HELL are you supposed to get over the log jump??? The 125 can't bunny hop worth a damn and anytime I try to just gun it over the jump, my back tire never...and I mean NEVER....makes it onto the second log.
Ready...?

I agree the first pipe to pipe jump is hard. To be honest I couldn't do it for a good 15mins until I learnt when to lean forward. Lean just as the front wheel passed the end of the wooden part. This way you'll get a big boost and actually make it over with ease. If you do it a too soon, you get that boost and same goes for a little after.

Now onto the log gap. Again it's a bitch and yes the 125 sucks at hopping but it can... Just. What you need to aim for is getting your front tire aiming down so the back end is hanging up. Doing so will bounce you forwards a little and just enough to slam the back wheel do.

But to even get to that point you need to bunny hop. Level up your front wheel with the checkpoint on the top log. Lean forwards and slam the throttle. As you do this, and like any other hop, pull back. As you do you should just be coming off the log, so then quick follow the above paragraph about the dipping of the front wheel.

Trust me it works, but keep redrafting at that checkpoint to practice. I spent a far bit of time on both these parts until I nailed it and I'd still mess it up every now and then. I finally got the achievement early tonight, but once you're past those two parts, take it slow and its pretty easy from there on out,
Old 04-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #42
Redskinsfan26

Thrashballer's Gamercard
Just unlocked "Hard the Hard Way".... Mother of god that log jump is annoying with the 125.
Redskinsfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #43
LDHughes

UnworthyPower's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by D347H0FL0V3 View Post

EDIT: New complaint about "Hard the Hard Way." How in the holy mother of HELL are you supposed to get over the log jump??? The 125 can't bunny hop worth a damn and anytime I try to just gun it over the jum
p, my back tire never...and I mean NEVER....makes it onto the second log.
I did it about 2 hours ago. The first hill, lean foreward for speed, lean back when you enter the ramp and go foreward again, takes some practice but I got it down to atleast 90% landings.
Next part, have a run up, jump onto platform then bounce to other side landing on back tyre,go up.
Take it easy on the quater pipe thing just trying to flick foreward.

NOW! THE LOG JUMP!
Set your rear tyre at the end of the last plank of wood, you should be sitting just behind the checkpoint. lean your rider all the way back.
Now full throttle holding BACK until nearly the end and flick foreward.

if you land this, the rest is cake.

GT: Unworthy Power
LDHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #44
LDHughes

UnworthyPower's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO BALLER View Post
I believe that everyone in here has the ability to create a guide. The person that created it put it at a 10. If you disagree great but this is an achievement guide. Not a whine and complain about the creators thoughts on difficulty.
Just so you know, Nozza and Maka are well respected guide writers who welcome other peoples opinions and criticisms. They have said themselves they may alter the difficulty but only once they have more data. One source of that data is forum feedback.

Now take your 7 posts and your feeling of self importance elsewhere.

GT: Unworthy Power
LDHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #45
II KaotiK

Drjft's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDHughes View Post
Just so you know, Nozza and Maka are well respected guide writers who welcome other peoples opinions and criticisms. They have said themselves they may alter the difficulty but only once they have more data. One source of that data is forum feedback.

Now take your 7 posts and your feeling of self importance elsewhere.
Sounds like you're D-riding...

1st in Australia to 1000GS Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

II KaotiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:35 AM   #46
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Just a tip you could/might want to add for the Flawless Victory achievement. Using the Scorpion 450 is alot easier than using the Phoenix. I tryed using the phoenix and found its just got to much acceleration for some of the jumps on the 3rd and 5th. I switched to Scorpion and completed them all on my 2nd try. So if anybdy is having trouble with this achievement try giving it a go with the Scorpion

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #47
R Miller 69
Banned User

R Miller 69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Can you explain the flawless victory achievement better? What if I'm in the 3rd race of the tournament and make a fault, do I need to restart from race 1 or can I restart from the 3rd race?
R Miller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:48 AM   #48
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Story 3 View Post
Can you explain the flawless victory achievement better? What if I'm in the 3rd race of the tournament and make a fault, do I need to restart from race 1 or can I restart from the 3rd race?
From the beginning of the first race to the end of the 6th, with no faults.

The entire tournament, with no faults.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:48 AM   #49
DFizzle720

DFizzle720's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Story 3 View Post
Not in front of the game at the moment, but if it's anything like HD you can't restart individual races when you're running a tourney anyway, you can only restart the entire tournament.
DFizzle720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #50
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

For "Extreme Prejudice" just point them to the "Demon on Wheels II" achievement.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #51
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Thanks for all the info and questions guys. When I get a few mins later this morning I'll edit this post with answers.

PS: Make is working on a squirrel video guide. So once we know where all of them are I'll post it up but we have a part one already! Will add it later today!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #52
RamboSilce

Rambosilce's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for all the info and questions guys. When I get a few mins later this morning I'll edit this post with answers.

PS: Make is working on a squirrel video guide. So once we know where all of them are I'll post it up but we have a part one already! Will add it later today!
Just finished part 3.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Last edited by RamboSilce; 04-20-2012 at 07:57 AM.
RamboSilce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #53
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Oh sweet thanks. For the moment, I'll post these up if that's ok? Sorry for the confusion, but I didn't think Maka was going to make a Squirrel guide until this morning.

So with that in mind, I'm going to use his to the guide, but these are really helpful, so thanks for doing this and posting!

Edit: Well Maka got them done pretty fast, so they're already up to view!

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 04-20-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #54
specularblinky

specularblinky's Gamercard
hey if your having a range for the time based on peoples skill then for people who are good it can take less then 8 hours
Old 04-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #55
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Thought this might be worth mentioning;

For ''The Editor's Apprentice'', I found that when loading a track, I had to add an object for the achievement to unlock

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #56
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post

For ''The Editor's Apprentice'', I found that when loading a track, I had to add an object for the achievement to unlock
I never had to place an object. 3 "points" was good enough.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #57
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I never had to place an object. 3 "points" was good enough.
Maka's right. I never placed any other object down. I made 3 points and left it at that and everything worked.

Did you put the object down first just out of casual editing and then the points?
Old 04-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #58
mademaniiiiii

I1 Money Shot x's Gamercard
Thanks really help out hope you do more
mademaniiiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #59
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Maka's right. I never placed any other object down. I made 3 points and left it at that and everything worked.

Did you put the object down first just out of casual editing and then the points?
I followed what you said in the guide. Started up the Pro Editor, loaded the Basic Track Example (or whatever it was called), tested it, no achievement.

Then I added a new object (in my case, a tree), tested again, achievement unlocked

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #60
montrossity

Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDHughes View Post
I agree, 10/10 says to me:
"It is almost impossible to get full gamerscore in this game as it requires an insane amount of luck / skill / time or a combination / all of these"

I played Trials HD and play trials games on PC and on my iPhone but I only play them casually and would consider myself amateur, Ive had no probs golding all tracks Ive come across (however I'm only just about to start hard tracks) I've put 4 hours in so far and I believe I could have 400 by the 20 hour mark and thats being generous I think.
Thats not 10/10.

To set the record straight, time has nothing to do with the DIFFICULTY.

Ultramarathoner.
Swim, bike, run.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote