PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning > Teeth of Naros
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
CyberCecil

Teeth of Naros bugs!

I've finished the DLC and encountered two bugs. First, the Murder Most Fowl achievement won't unlock. All the others have unlocked so this is the last achievement I need. I even reverted to a save before I started the DLC and killed more than 50 of those bloody birds again and still nothing. Second, the fast travel option no longer works so I am trapped in the new lands and I cannot get back to the main game area.

I have tried re-installing everything and deleting the xbox cache.
CyberCecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
For your first problem, are you one-shotting the enemies? The first DLC had the same problem with its "kill 50" achievement where it wouldn't count the kills if they died in one hit.

With the second problem, I know you had to ask to use the boat to return to the main map in the first DLC. Might be something similar with this one.

(Note that I will just be starting the DLC tonight, so those are both just educated guesses! -- I'll try to get through it and have an achievement guide up tomorrow though. )

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
With the second problem, I know you had to ask to use the boat to return to the main map in the first DLC. Might be something similar with this one.
You can fast travel between the new area and the old area with this one. I imagine his problem is a similar bug to the fast-travel bug reported in the main story line. However, you should still be able to snail travel back to the main area. I haven't tried to do it, but I believe the connector point is still available on my map so you could just walk up to it.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
CyberCecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
You can fast travel between the new area and the old area with this one. I imagine his problem is a similar bug to the fast-travel bug reported in the main story line. However, you should still be able to snail travel back to the main area. I haven't tried to do it, but I believe the connector point is still available on my map so you could just walk up to it.
Unfortunately, the cave you use to get to the new area not only has a cave in as part of the story, but just before the cave in you have to jump down from a ledge and can't get back up anyway. So there doesn't appear to be a way for me to keep playing from that broken save.

It's so nice when a game can reward all your hours of playing by crapping all over you.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
CyberCecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
For your first problem, are you one-shotting the enemies? The first DLC had the same problem with its "kill 50" achievement where it wouldn't count the kills if they died in one hit.
Thanks for the suggestion, that apparently was the problem. I had to restart the DLC and remove all my mastercrafted equipment but I finally got the achievement.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCecil View Post
Unfortunately, the cave you use to get to the new area not only has a cave in as part of the story, but just before the cave in you have to jump down from a ledge and can't get back up anyway. So there doesn't appear to be a way for me to keep playing from that broken save.
Yeah, I forgot about that bit. Any idea where the fast travel broke or what you did to trigger the glitch? Was it a ToN problem or did you have the problem before starting the DLC? I think I'll fast travel back to Gossamer's End and make a save there next time I play, just in case.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
CyberCecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
Yeah, I forgot about that bit. Any idea where the fast travel broke or what you did to trigger the glitch? Was it a ToN problem or did you have the problem before starting the DLC? I think I'll fast travel back to Gossamer's End and make a save there next time I play, just in case.
It was working fine when I started the DLC. I fast traveled back and forth just fine. I don't know when it broke exactly, I stopped having to fast travel when I got into the city and had access to the merchants there. So I don't think I tried to fast travel again until after I completed the main quests.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCecil View Post
It was working fine when I started the DLC. I fast traveled back and forth just fine. I don't know when it broke exactly, I stopped having to fast travel when I got into the city and had access to the merchants there. So I don't think I tried to fast travel again until after I completed the main quests.
That's what I thought, but since you didn't specifically say it happened in the DLC and there is an existing bug that does this same thing, I wanted to make sure.

I believe there is a patch in the works to fix this and some other bugs. It's taken a bit too long, IMHO, to get a patch to released, but DeathSpank: ToV has a game breaking glitch that never got fixed. As I understand it, it's not always up to the devs on whether they spend the time and money to fix the game.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #9
Roninkenji77

Roninkenji 77's Gamercard
nightstone armor bug

i have finished the main questline and hunt for golden armor parts,first it worked well completed fury armor set and found 2 remnant armor parts and now no matter what i do i find only nightstone armor parts.
Roninkenji77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
Siziol

Siziolvec's Gamercard
I don't think Alpha Pteryx count towards the achievement. That may also have an effect on the kill count.
Siziol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
Darc Jak

Darc Jak's Gamercard
I haven't played in a while, but thought I'd check and see if anyone found a fix for this. I was doing the mission where you have to kill the alpha pteryx, I don't remember what it's called, but the quest won't progress and I'm stuck progress wise. I can't finish the dlc. :/