Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
XxStearnzyxX

XxStearnzyxX's Gamercard
Lightbulb Halo 3 Day?

I really love halo 3. It was what got me two buy a Xbox and never go to PS3. I remember when the first Halo came out for Xbox. I was in love. I use to spend days nights, weeks playing halo 3! Trying to get my level 50! I miss those days. Back when Team Mates used to have to communicate and have some type of skill to play!

What I am getting at here is I really want to try to make a Halo 3 day. Where a bunch of people just jump back on Halo 3 and overload those servers again! Its sad logging on and seeing you can't find a match Breaks my heart. Halo 3 needs its own day! Just for one day!
XxStearnzyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...03#post6047803

Though I don't believe you are eligible to vote, it seems Halo 3 is getting the most votes for next month's community gaming. Which means that for a certain week of that month, there will be members that will post on a thread when they are up for playing Halo 3 for that week. You can check this old thread to get an idea:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=499046

Also, Halo 3 will be the next free game to download for Free Games with Gold so expect a good amount of people playing Halo 3 during that time.

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
N7 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
AshamanND

AshamanND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by N7 Shadow View Post
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...03#post6047803

Though I don't believe you are eligible to vote, it seems Halo 3 is getting the most votes for next month's community gaming. Which means that for a certain week of that month, there will be members that will post on a thread when they are up for playing Halo 3 for that week. You can check this old thread to get an idea:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=499046

Also, Halo 3 will be the next free game to download for Free Games with Gold so expect a good amount of people playing Halo 3 during that time.
Where do you find out what the next free game to download is?
AshamanND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanND View Post
Where do you find out what the next free game to download is?
Wait until Microsoft announce it.

Keep tabs on Major Nelson via Twitter and on his blog, majornelson.com
Old 10-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Major Nelson usually seems to announce the free games around the final days of the month prior, ie on September 30th it was announced that the free games for October would be Clash of Heroes and Halo 3, and on August 30th it was announced that the free games for September would be Magic 2013 and Rainbow Six Vegas.

Halo 3 will be free to download for all Xbox Live Gold members from October 16th - October 31st, 2013.

I think sometime in September last year, a significant number of the YouTube community tried to have a "Halo 3 day" where everyone would play a couple of rounds of Halo 3 by celebrating the 5th anniversary of its release. That didn't work out too well. But I bet a bunch of people will come back and play a few rounds of Halo 3 matchmaking once it's free.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #6
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Halo 3 is now out for Free Download!

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
I am a regular Halo 3 player and I will be playing even more now that it is free. I hope the population goes up, it is nice being able to get constant games with randoms instead of playing the same people over and over again.
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote