Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #301
Cheezbrgr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezbrgr

Cheezbrgr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidAngel View Post
I think the multiplier is only for skulls you find during the playthrough, I played with grunts birthday on and didn't get any skull multiplier at the end for it
Only gold skulls give bonuses.
Cheezbrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:46 AM   #302
Otisbum

OtisFamily's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Big thanks to everyone who helped me out with the Meta-Games. Just need the last two levels and We're In For Some Chop and I'll have all the ofline achievements.
Otisbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:27 AM   #303
Darth Grif55

Club Deadpool's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Do you get the achievements if you do it as a team?

Sig by Spazaz Man
Darth Grif55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #304
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Grif55 View Post
Do you get the achievements if you do it as a team?
yes and no. don't use team scoring. it gives you the achievement (or not) based on individual score, not team score. with team scoring on, you can't see what you've earned individually.
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #305
Darth Grif55

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   1,000 Posts
Oh, that's gay. I'l set it to individual. Some friends & me are playing Legendary this weekend with scoring on, if I get all 11 achievements(including beating campaign on Heroic & Legendary) I'll have 1,000!

Sig by Spazaz Man
Old 04-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #306
Otisbum

OtisFamily's Gamercard

So I'll be doing the 8th level (Flood-tastic) eventually, and I'd really rather not use Famine, what would be a good replacement?
I currently use:
-Famine
-Tough Luck
-Catch
-Thunderstorm

Maybe Fog?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #307
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Quote:
Oh, that's gay. I'l set it to individual. Some friends & me are playing Legendary this weekend with scoring on, if I get all 11 achievements(including beating campaign on Heroic & Legendary) I'll have 1,000!
you probably won't get it with more than two people playing. too much kill-stealing, not enough points to go around. if they let you do EVERYTHING, you might get it. and you'll need to use skulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otisbum View Post
So I'll be doing the 8th level (Flood-tastic) eventually, and I'd really rather not use Famine, what would be a good replacement?
cortana's not too bad with famine on. you're mostly going to be using grenades, and swords that are in covenant (separatist?) drop pods, which iirc aren't affected by famine.

using fog shouldn't be too much of an issue either.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #308
Otisbum

OtisFamily's Gamercard

Just need the last level and I'll be done. I went with my normal skullset and did just fine. In fact, about halfway through the level I noticed that I would have more than enough points even without the time bonus, so I took my time and stayed alive. Dual Plasma Rifles saved my skin more times than I can count. Great combo for that level.

EDIT: Got it, just need We're In For Some Chop and I'll have the full 900 of offline achievements. I'll worry about that later though. Gonna go play some Quake.

And for anyone who's going to do the last level, just be sure to have either one of these the moment you enter the Hog, and you'll be sure to get it:
a.) A time bonus of 2 or 2.5x at that moment.
b.) Around 13-15k+ points, if you're under 15k know that the Arbiter will score you a couple thousand via turret anyway.

Just be sure to stay alive and it'll be easy.

Last edited by Otisbum; 04-26-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #309
Solicius

JNFr4nk <or> DJFr4nk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
i dont understand, how do you start a meta game and where do you find out the points for each level?
you go into campaign and press X for campaign options. Then you should see the skulls that youve acquired and up the top there should be a Campaign scoring button turn that to team scoring or free for all
Solicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:27 AM   #310
Darth Grif55

What's the easiest level to do this on?

Sig by Spazaz Man
Old 04-27-2008, 12:40 AM   #311
Otisbum

OtisFamily's Gamercard

You get an achievement for each level. But scorewise, The Covenant seems to have the most points on it. You can probably get around 90k points with 4 skulls on Normal.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:58 AM   #312
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
I found that playing with normal difficulty and 4 skulls on makes getting points real easy.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #313
SillyRabbit

Send a message via AIM to SillyRabbit Send a message via MSN to SillyRabbit

Mr Rabbits's Gamercard
I have a really weird question. Are the Meta-Game Achievements possible to achieve with 2 players? Bungie recommends one player on heroic with 2 skulls on... But is there a way to complete these with two players? Do you ahve to do it legendary or something? Please!! I need help!

I'll make a thread on this... Due to inactivity on this thread...

-SR

Always Looking for H3 Customs and Matchmaking Invites!
SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #314
Otisbum

OtisFamily's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
I have a really weird question. Are the Meta-Game Achievements possible to achieve with 2 players? Bungie recommends one player on heroic with 2 skulls on... But is there a way to complete these with two players? Do you ahve to do it legendary or something? Please!! I need help!

I'll make a thread on this... Due to inactivity on this thread...

-SR
You'll need to have points set to Free For All for it to work, and it'll be much more difficult with a second player, as the points will be split based on kills. There's no guarantee that you'll both get the achievements, and it's possible that neither of you will, it just depends on what difficulty and what skulls you use.

If you both play on Heroic with 4+ skulls, then plan out how to share the kills, I'm sure it's possible. For the best results, used the highest difficulty you can play on without dying more than 5 times. If that happens to be Legendary, that's great, you'll have more room to breathe while playing with your friend.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #315
SillyRabbit

Mr Rabbits's Gamercard
Alright... So it looks like I'm on my own... oh well. Thanks for the advice.

-SR

Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #316
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I unlocked most of the Meta score achievements on Legendary with 3-4 skulls on at once, with 2 friends (3 people total) and only once did one of us not get enough points.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #317
SillyRabbit

Mr Rabbits's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I unlocked most of the Meta score achievements on Legendary with 3-4 skulls on at once, with 2 friends (3 people total) and only once did one of us not get enough points.
Yeah but you guys are probably really good... Me and my friend barely completed Legendary... Grr... So frustrating... Oh well

-Rabbit

Old 04-28-2008, 06:58 PM   #318
arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
Yeah but you guys are probably really good... Me and my friend barely completed Legendary... Grr... So frustrating... Oh well

-Rabbit
it's much easier the second time. MUCH easier. especially if you bothered to learn all the cool tricks, good sniping spots, and stuff like that the first time around.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #319
bewarethefoopa

bewarethefoopa's Gamercard
i'm about to start the meta-games and am wondering whether it would be better to go through on normal with 4 skulls on or do legendary with a friend with some skulls on...

will completing the game on legendary in campaign (co-op) count for the achievement? i guess this is the only question holding me back right now
bewarethefoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #320
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewarethefoopa View Post
i'm about to start the meta-games and am wondering whether it would be better to go through on normal with 4 skulls on or do legendary with a friend with some skulls on...

will completing the game on legendary in campaign (co-op) count for the achievement? i guess this is the only question holding me back right now
It's easier to just do the meta game by yourself on normal because you don't need to rely on anyone else and straight up, it's easy. I would do legendary difficulty up to the last two missions on your own as well, they aren't that hard until you have to face pure flood forms.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #321
bewarethefoopa

bewarethefoopa's Gamercard
good deal, i think i've made it to the flood gate level on co-op legendary, so i might as well finish that out if it doesn't matter. thanks for the advice!
bewarethefoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #322
arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
I would do legendary difficulty up to the last two missions on your own as well, they aren't that hard until you have to face pure flood forms.
pure flood forms aren't that hard, they die with one hit from the sword. it's the ones that shoot spikes at that get annoying and cause lots of deaths. you have to get really good with long distance grenade sticks.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #323
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnophilia View Post
pure flood forms aren't that hard, they die with one hit from the sword. it's the ones that shoot spikes at that get annoying and cause lots of deaths. you have to get really good with long distance grenade sticks.
Those are pure flood forms... Dual plasma rifles can take care of them.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #324
Mr. Writer

Galt is Alive's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   SOTF Winner   SOTF Runner Up
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Ugh, well I finally decided to get my ass off of multiplayer and onto the campaign to finish these off. Just done the covenant on my own and I'm just about to set off on the Ark for my Beloved 1000 ^_^

PS: Hello katana....

Last edited by Mr. Writer; 05-03-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Mr. Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #325
DWHFloyd

I used 5-6 skulls and did it with 2 controllers pn Normal. That way
I could use Iron (its 3x) and if u die, u have to restart a check point which is what u do on single player. Plus u can have the arbiter keep weapons for you (I used famine). My multiplier is 11.5 so I always have had WAY more points than I need. Just two more to go then Spartan officer and I will make it to 1000. I never thought it possible.

the only time it sucked was fighting two scarabs. That took a little time.
DWHFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #326
Fat Edna Jones

Help help help i am too fat to figure it out!

I have tried many times to beat the floodgate level (level 6) so I could get the meta-game achievement. After beating the level three times scoring over 50,000 points each time in free for all still no achievement. Does anyone want to help some poor fat dude get his achievement. I was so upset I could not finish my pizza.

Is there a glitch? Am I too fat to get this achievement? Someone help today!!!
Fat Edna Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #327
a_correa4

acedawg4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Where do I find skulls and how do I activate them?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:50 PM   #328
MRD64

MRD64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_correa4 View Post
Where do I find skulls and how do I activate them?
There is another thread discussing the locations of skulls and I found that youtube was good as some people put up videos of how they achieved them.

Once you have the skull, simply select Campaign at the main menu. Then press X and the skulls that you have unlocked will appear. Highlight the ones you want to use and voila.
MRD64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #329
Darth Grif55

Any tips on doing this on Cortana? I tried on easy & nada. I tried on normal & got the s*** pwned out of me.

Sig by Spazaz Man
Old 06-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #330
arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Those are pure flood forms... Dual plasma rifles can take care of them.
i know those are pure flood forms. i was just saying that that particular form was the most annoying of the pure flood forms, and typically because they're on the ceiling.

there's a lot of stuff that will take care of them, yeah, including one single solitary with a sword or hammer. or lots and lots of plasma weapons hits. thing is, faced with a large room full of them, it becomes difficult. especially since they're more accurate over distance than most other enemies. i find that if you're out of cover long enough to unload enough covey-carbine or plasma rifle into them, the others will generally kill you. i much prefer to take cover, duck out and stick them, and get back into cover. deals with them much more effectively.

though i have been know to pull off a jump/sword-lunge and kill some of the lower ones that way.

Quote:
Any tips on doing this on Cortana? I tried on easy & nada. I tried on normal & got the s*** pwned out of me.
the sword is your best friend. hammer works too. the shotgun is your second best friend.

Last edited by arachnophilia; 06-10-2008 at 06:58 PM.