Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2007, 02:18 AM   #61
JigSaw

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ive looked everywhere for the answer, where exactly do you start a "meta-game" and is it co-op or single player?
JigSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:40 AM   #62
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JigSaw View Post
Ive looked everywhere for the answer, where exactly do you start a "meta-game" and is it co-op or single player?
When your in the lobby when it loads the map before starting hit X
Gun-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:29 AM   #63
Krueger

Send a message via AIM to Krueger Send a message via MSN to Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to Krueger

Krueger x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Third Place   Submit - Gold   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
could someone make a list about what is the best thing to do for each level im struggling a lot and would like some help please
Old 09-29-2007, 07:39 AM   #64
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
could someone make a list about what is the best thing to do for each level im struggling a lot and would like some help please
As it says in the first post, play on Heroic and turn on some skulls.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:55 AM   #65
aussie_warrior117

If people are having some trouble with Heroic difficulty (highly unlikely but it happens) try it on Normal using the Iron and Mythic skulls. Go careful because of the Iron skulls effects and if you complete it at a reasonable time, your bonus multiplier could be something like 12.5x.
aussie_warrior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #66
Jabi1

Jabi1's Gamercard
With skulls turned on, I can't finish even the first battle in the first level on Heroic, and I tried Normal, I did well until the dam area, I died so many times there was no use to keep going. These meta-game scorings are very hard to accomplish.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #67
Tiberian

Tiberian's Gamercard
I just did 3 player co-op with my friends, on the first 50,000 points mission. Needless to say, both of them scored over 50,000 and i scored 44,000, this was on legendary with some skulls on. Funny thing is we should have been playing free for all so we could actually see who needed the points so we could "share" it out. Since you can pretty much work out with the multipliers how much you will get at the end.

Anyway, it was a very tough mission and i honestly doubt they are going to be willing to do it again. So question is:

If i do it on heroic, how many (if any) skulls would i need in order to get the 50,000? On my first play through i completed the game on heroic.. wish i had scoring on so i could see roughly what skulls i would have to have on in order to get 50,000.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #68
SHiZNiT NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHiZNiT NL View Post
I had a score of 14,985 on a mission. At the screen where you come when a mission is over the total score was 19.943. But no Achievement :S.

BTW it was level 2 so I needed 15.000 points.
someone knows if you need to score 15k ingame or your total needs to be 15k.
SHiZNiT NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #69
VIOL3NT

ix viol3nt xi's Gamercard
what are the best 2 skulls to have on to get the 15k on heroic?
VIOL3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:20 PM   #70
Ho5tiLe D

Ho5tiLe D's Gamercard
i hope this helps, my buddy has gotten all 9 meta game achievements. here is his advice copied directly from his message to me

Meta Game: First 7 levels- Normal Difficulty,Catch,Fog,Mythic. Level 8- Easy,Catch,Fog,Mythic,Tough Luck,Thunderstorm. Level 9- Normal,same skulls as 8 plus Black Eye. The Flood give low points. You need the overall time multiplier to be a 2.5 or 3.

he also said the flood levels were a little tough because they dont deal out as many points.

good luck to everyone, hope this helps
Old 09-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #71
VIOL3NT

ix viol3nt xi's Gamercard
ok man thanks i'll give that a try
VIOL3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #72
Krueger

Send a message via AIM to Krueger Send a message via MSN to Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to Krueger

Krueger x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Third Place   Submit - Gold   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
As it says in the first post, play on Heroic and turn on some skulls.
what skulls work the best on each level on some levels are certain skulls better?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:03 AM   #73
butlik

NatNik's Gamercard
I did it on a level but didn;t get achievement

I got 30,000 meta points and i played on legenday and got the 4x and added the mythic skull and the tough luck skull and i didn't get the achievement it was a four player co-op game online and i was the party leader what happened does any one know why i didn't get it???
butlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:03 AM   #74
ph201

LJM ph201's Gamercard
Glad you posted this, definitely a confusing achievement description.
200s:
Uno, Carcassonne, Dash of Destruction
Xbox 360 #1:
October 17th, 2006 - December 5th 2007
Xbox 360 #2:
December 6th, 2007 - Present Day
ph201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:10 AM   #75
Co1d

Send a message via MSN to Co1d Send a message via Yahoo to Co1d

oO Co1d Oo's Gamercard
I am doing co-op online for the meta, can you play and get the achievements with friends with the co-op scoring?
Co1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:10 AM   #76
killlah631

Weezy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
no...it has to be free for all scoring...and btw i havent tried for the meta games yet .. why is it 15K for all of them and then 6 and 7 are 50k?

Completed Retails:

GSL V The CURSE
Start Score: 38,700|+5,670|+2,225|+2,295|+2,675|+2,210|

thanks to Skillet98!
killlah631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:53 AM   #77
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by killlah631 View Post
no...it has to be free for all scoring...and btw i havent tried for the meta games yet .. why is it 15K for all of them and then 6 and 7 are 50k?
Because those 2 levels are much, much longer than all the others.

Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:04 AM   #78
Schloob

Not so much that they are longer, the reason it is 50K for those 2 levels is because there are a lot of large vehicles that give you major point totals depending on your multipliers.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #79
XTheOnslaughtX

Send a message via MSN to XTheOnslaughtX

XTheOnslaughtX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBM View Post
OK, I don't know if anyone is having problems with these achievements but I played solo last night on crows nest, turned on the Mystic skull and scoring set to 'free-for-all' I got 18000 points by the end and never got the achievement. Then I tried with 2 friends and set the scoring to 'Team' with Mystic on again, we accumulated just over 16k points, still no achievement, anyone else having these problems?
Also the coop over Live is REALLY laggy for my friends and I, anyone getting that too?

Yeah, same here. Not getting the meta-game achievements in solo or co-op(team or ffa) I believe the lag is because of SO many players on just Halo 3.

Quote:
I've got to stop procrastinating. Eh, I'll do it tomorrow.
XTheOnslaughtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:33 AM   #80
Chaomeister

Chaomeister's Gamercard
I have an idea, not sure if it would work though. The simplest way I've found to do this is on co-op normal difficulty with the Iron, thunderstorm, and fog skulls turned on (Mythic can be thrown in). Now on co-op, with iron you won't start from the beginning of the level, only from the last checkpoint; but, it resets if either you or any of your partners die. What I did was kill all enemies I came across, while my friend sat back until I broke the score requirement.

Now, I'm not sure if this works in local co-op, but if it does, it would be extremely similar to playing normal on solo, save for the split screen. With all of the skull multipliers you should be able to break the score limit with a bit of elbow room, even if your timer multiplier goes to 1x. Granted, this won't get you record scores, but it should be enough for the achievements.

Edit: tested this out, it works beautifully. It may be oversimplifying it, but it could help those having trouble.

Last edited by Chaomeister; 09-30-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Chaomeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #81
Kumubou

Kumubou's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
I found something screwey with the scoring in the meta-game that makes these achievements a LOT easier.

The way the game calculates scoring on each monster is a bit screwey. It seems to add up all of the medal bonuses you get as a multiplier, instead of using them independently. So what happens is if you get two medals at once you end up getting a 2.5x bonus, not a 1.56x bonus as you would get if it used them independently.

This makes the plasma pistol+headshot combination worth a ton of points, and also makes the goal much easier as whatever health bonuses enemies get do not apply to plasma vs. shields or headshots vs. unarmored opponents. So you can turn on a bunch of skulls, still be able to take out brutes with one plasma shot and one battle rifle/carbine round, kill them as if it was nothing, and score a ton of points.
Kumubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #82
Andrew14man

andrew14man's Gamercard
ummmm me and two buddys of mine beat the first level with over 20,000 points and we didn't get the achievement!

Click HERE to see all my 100% Completions.
Andrew14man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #83
Jabi1

Jabi1's Gamercard
Does anyone have any good tips for beating the meta game levels where you fight the Covenant? The remaining levels that I need to complete are Tsavo Highway, The Storm, The Ark and the Covenant. It's damn hard because Covenant has so many vehicles that cause you to die hundred times and your points get severely depleted. I play on Normal, using two to three skulls, Fog and some others.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:36 PM   #84
IDR SeMiNoLe

XGamesFatChick's Gamercard
I just started doing the meta-game achievements, and on the first two levels where you need 15,000, I've gotten over 30,000 for both, so it shouldn't be too hard. Just play on normal and get headshots and sticks and you'll be fine. Also I turned on some easy skulls, like Famine.
IDR SeMiNoLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #85
nascarfan38124

NascarFan38124's Gamercard
I was doing this ealier and we were doing legendary on 4 player co op with thunderstorm and/or famine and at least one or two people got the meta game for every level so i am going to go heroic 2 player co op with my bro and use both skulls and i expect to finish with at least a x2 for the time so i expect for both of us to get the achievement for every level

and a tip for the flood levels try not to kill the little guys so that they infect the bodys so you can get extra points also you can find parts of the level that will continue to spawn the big exploding ones and you can use those for extra points

also an easy way to kill the all of the different flood forms is to use the plasma rifle i like to duel wield them and have at least one person doing melee with a sword/brute shot/hammer to back me up

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun
DW: Gundam

lol very old ^^
nascarfan38124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #86
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaomeister View Post
I have an idea, not sure if it would work though. The simplest way I've found to do this is on co-op normal difficulty with the Iron, thunderstorm, and fog skulls turned on (Mythic can be thrown in). Now on co-op, with iron you won't start from the beginning of the level, only from the last checkpoint; but, it resets if either you or any of your partners die. What I did was kill all enemies I came across, while my friend sat back until I broke the score requirement.

Now, I'm not sure if this works in local co-op, but if it does, it would be extremely similar to playing normal on solo, save for the split screen. With all of the skull multipliers you should be able to break the score limit with a bit of elbow room, even if your timer multiplier goes to 1x. Granted, this won't get you record scores, but it should be enough for the achievements.

Edit: tested this out, it works beautifully. It may be oversimplifying it, but it could help those having trouble.
So, you just turn on some skulls and set it up split-screen co-op? and just have the 2nd player there for respawns if you die?

If so what skulls/diff?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:44 PM   #87
Chaomeister

Chaomeister's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun-Nut View Post
So, you just turn on some skulls and set it up split-screen co-op? and just have the 2nd player there for respawns if you die?

If so what skulls/diff?
Correct. Skulls/diff are listed in the first paragraph. They are Iron, Fog, and Thunderstorm, on normal difficulty. Theres a couple of places where you may need to protect the 2nd controller at a specific part (mission 8 at the beginning comes to mind), but otherwise it's as if they aren't even there. I don't think it matters, but I had it on free for all scoring.
Chaomeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #88
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaomeister View Post
Correct. Skulls/diff are listed in the first paragraph. They are Iron, Fog, and Thunderstorm, on normal difficulty. Theres a couple of places where you may need to protect the 2nd controller at a specific part (mission 8 at the beginning comes to mind), but otherwise it's as if they aren't even there. I don't think it matters, but I had it on free for all scoring.
Cool Thanks for the tip, will give this a go later.

Edit:
Thanks that worked like a charm on the 3rd level got 30k+ guess I'll continue tomorrow

Last edited by Gun-Nut; 10-01-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:21 AM   #89
ArgeReL

Here is what i did that worked for me to get all the meta-score achievements.
I played all the levels on solo-normal and turned on 6 gold skulls and 1 silver skull.
the skulls are: Tough Luck, Catch, Fog, Famine, Thunderstorm, Tilt, and Cowbell(silver).
for me, cowbell increases the radius of the explosions i think, because whenever i throw a grenade, the explosion seems much more violent.
anyways, the fact that you have Tough Luck on (enemies dive out of the way of grenades) cancels out with Cowbell because the explosions are large enough to catch them anyways, so when they die, they drop more grenades thanks to Catch. Another thing i noticed is that thanks to Catch, enemies stop for a while to throw grenades, giving you an opportunity to stick them with a grenade of your own or pop in a head-shot.
with Tilt just remember that brutes are semi-immune to ballistic weapons with their armor on, so have a plasma weapon handy. some flood are immune to plasma, but i dont remember which ones.
i did turn off Famine for the last two levels though, but thats because i hate those levels and i knew there were enough enemies to get the points
ArgeReL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #90
Mr Hey

FatChicksSlayer's Gamercard
Think it could be possible on legendary if I was playing with 3 of my buddies, with 3-5 of the semi-easy skulls turned on?

Mr Hey is offline   Reply With Quote