Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #31
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
It appears to me that the level achievements need to be done from start to finish in one sitting. You can however resume your campaign and get the achievement for that, without all the level achievements. Once you get the campaign complete, go back and redo the individual levels.

I'm not 100% on this, but that is what it looks like.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:31 PM   #32
2LIVE

Thanks pants!

Its weird that with a game of this magnitude, the saving process seems to be a bit complicated.

If anyone knows for sure let us know!

Thanks again.
2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:02 PM   #33
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
I just got confirmation that levels can be done out of order and you will get the campaign complete achievements. Just make sure all the levels are done on the same difficulty and that you also play the beginning cutscene "Arrival."

Old 09-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #34
Vista

Chait the Great's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I just got confirmation that levels can be done out of order and you will get the campaign complete achievements. Just make sure all the levels are done on the same difficulty and that you also play the beginning cutscene "Arrival."
Good Im glad you added that... I was flippin out when I didnt get my achievement!!!
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:59 AM   #35
Lunacy182

Lunacy182's Gamercard
I have a multiplayer question.
My girlfriend wants to play with me on a xbox live multiplayer game. I know in halo 2 I could just create a profile for her and we both could start playing. The only way I know how to let here play in halo 3 is by signing her on under a guest account. But she doesn't like having to redo her appearance for her char.

Is there any other way of keeping her own profile? Or can she only play under the guest account?
Lunacy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:47 AM   #36
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Have her create a normal Live account to use.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:28 AM   #37
Lunacy182

Lunacy182's Gamercard
Just a free silver account? I thought I read somewhere that you could only play halo 3 online with a gold account. Maybe I read wrong. I'll try that, thanks.
Lunacy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #38
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Well you get a month free of Gold when you create a new account, so you'll have that much at least.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #39
|oneyedNewb|

Anger Monkey UK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
hello all, is this thread for single player achievements on;y? if i can ask about online for a sec, what's the best way to boost on this game?
Old 09-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #40
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

There is no way to boost. They limit the party size so that you are always matched with a random group of people, who will almost certainly not want to let you win.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #41
Vista

I find an easy way to get rank up is just do team doubles with a decent friend. I went up from a rank 1 to a rank 3 in one game of ownage, if that helps anybody!

ALSO HELP!!!

I have completed the game on legendary, as you can check my achievements, the problem is my Halo 3 service record or Halo 3 stats (check my sig for link) doesn't record that I beat it on legendary....

Last edited by Vista; 09-29-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #42
DarknessAlone07

DarknessAlone07's Gamercard
is it possible to do some levels on legendary on co-op and some levels on single legendary, because im going through it on legendary , but i have the 'cortona' mission done on co-op legendary because for me thats the hardest mission of any game i have ever played (took me 3 hours on normal) so i can easily do the rest of the missions, except that one, but will it still work and will i still get my achievement?
DarknessAlone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:24 AM   #43
WarriorPriest13

Send a message via AIM to WarriorPriest13

WarriorPriest13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackvista View Post
I find an easy way to get rank up is just do team doubles with a decent friend. I went up from a rank 1 to a rank 3 in one game of ownage, if that helps anybody!

ALSO HELP!!!

I have completed the game on legendary, as you can check my achievements, the problem is my Halo 3 service record or Halo 3 stats (check my sig for link) doesn't record that I beat it on legendary....
Did you play the beginning cut scene on legendary?? I know that sounds weird but if not then that maybe why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessAlone07 View Post
is it possible to do some levels on legendary on co-op and some levels on single legendary, because im going through it on legendary , but i have the 'cortona' mission done on co-op legendary because for me thats the hardest mission of any game i have ever played (took me 3 hours on normal) so i can easily do the rest of the missions, except that one, but will it still work and will i still get my achievement?
yes you will still get it. That is how I did legendary. Some solo and some co-op.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:22 AM   #44
JesusBread

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How do you turn on your flashlight? I can't figure it out.

Edit - would it be up on the d-pad or something?
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:04 AM   #45
Khaot1c

Khaot1c's Gamercard
I made a rant about this in another thread. I'll probably get my pee-pee spanked by a mod becuase i "didn't read the FAQ first" but IDGAS. This game has ISSUES - but becuase everyone is to busy sucking off the master chief, they will go down in history as "required to balance gameplay" This whole issue with Solo and COOP is CRAP. WHY should the game loose my SOLO progress if i decide to play a few levels with SOMEONE ELSE. For the love of god, even if you do only have a 20GIG hard drive, its there to SAVE GAME DATA. SURELY they could have figures SOMETHING out. No, I call it half assed, a little like the game engine. With as many frame rate drops as this game suffers, you can TELL the devs had to try and squeeze as much as they could out of the 360 - sure, thats good, but they went overboard.

Khaot1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #46
Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorPriest13 View Post
Did you play the beginning cut scene on legendary?? I know that sounds weird but if not then that maybe why.

yes you will still get it. That is how I did legendary. Some solo and some co-op.
Ill try that...
Old 09-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #47
ATT Fighter

Send a message via AIM to ATT Fighter

ATT Fighter's Gamercard
I just got the Legendary and Heroic acheivements, but my Service record still says I've only done it on Normal. Anyone know why?
ATT Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #48
Wouter666

Ron Jeremy R6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATT Fighter View Post
I just got the Legendary and Heroic acheivements, but my Service record still says I've only done it on Normal. Anyone know why?
just wait a day, it needs time to update or somethin
Wouter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:37 AM   #49
Vista

Pants, add that if you do the FFA Different language boosting the achievements you get while in a different language will show up on your xbox 360 in THAT language... BUT people see it in english.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:10 AM   #50
RoT_xFaithx

Question: Can I unlock the Legendary achievement if I do the campaign with difference people each level?

Question: Will I still get the get the Legendary achievement if I complete each level but out of order?

Well, that all my question for now...please answer, it would help all before I do something stupid...hehe...
RoT_xFaithx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:12 AM   #51
Wes Ide

Send a message via AIM to Wes Ide Send a message via Yahoo to Wes Ide

Anghellic Karma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoT_xFaithx View Post
Question: Can I unlock the Legendary achievement if I do the campaign with difference people each level?

Question: Will I still get the get the Legendary achievement if I complete each level but out of order?

Well, that all my question for now...please answer, it would help all before I do something stupid...hehe...

Yes to both.

If you read my previous posts in this thread, I did not complete Level 1 on legendary, but continued from the beginning of Level 2 to Level 4. I then did Level 4 to the end with diff people. I did not get the Campaign complete Achievement because level 1 was not done yet.

I went back and did Level 1 with a 3rd team of people on Legendary and, when the Level was complete, I got 4 Achievements for 395 GamerPoints (the Level complete one, and the 3 campaign complete ones).

Good luck!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #52
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Someone asked this in a locked thread and was never answered.

Question: Do the different armors affect gameplay? (Protection/speed/damage)

My guess was that all armor was cosmetic. Anyone know for sure?
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #53
tbc_hitman

Send a message via AIM to tbc_hitman Send a message via MSN to tbc_hitman

TBC HITMAN's Gamercard
all this is so cool.
tbc_hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #54
PerfectAnt

PerfectAnt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Someone asked this in a locked thread and was never answered.

Question: Do the different armors affect gameplay? (Protection/speed/damage)

My guess was that all armor was cosmetic. Anyone know for sure?
all cosmetic. for decorative purposes only
PerfectAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:06 AM   #55
FARPRO

Just wondering what games are considered "free-for-all" because I got the triple kill medal in a ranked match but I didn't get the achievement...so I guess I wasn't in the right match type!
FARPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #56
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
"Used car sales man"
I know you can do this on the ark because a buddy of mine got it with me when we were looking for skulls. I grab the rocket launcher in the area right after the first terminal and blow the two huge chopper looking things. I think one has 4 guys and the other has 3.

Anyways I shoot both with the rocket launcher over and over. All the guys die before the vehicle gives out. I'm gonna go through one last time on this level with sticky nades. If I get a sticky nade on and shot it with the rocket launcher and it still doesn't blow up.... I quit. *pouts*
Old 10-04-2007, 07:23 AM   #57
Wouter666

Ron Jeremy R6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FARPRO View Post
Just wondering what games are considered "free-for-all" because I got the triple kill medal in a ranked match but I didn't get the achievement...so I guess I wasn't in the right match type!
just choose ranked and then Lone Wolves,
every game type after that will be free for all!
Wouter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:02 AM   #58
AbOuT27nInJaS

AbOuT28nInJaS's Gamercard
I was just wondering if anyones tried the language boosting option, and are all people doing this willing to trade achievements? All i need online now is two for one, steppin razor and overkill, and they've turned out to be a real pain.
AbOuT27nInJaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #59
Phrozan

phrozan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I did many online achievements using the language change. I still have to do overkill, mowdown mongoose, and mvp. I had a HUGE problem when I tried to recover my gamertag, my console deleted all my saved games. Has anyone else had this happen? I lost my progress on PDZ which was the most time consuming. SO that sucks. I will still need to change it for the rest of the online achievements except for the rank ups as you can get those in just social games.
Arcade Completed Games 71
Phrozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #60
PerfectAnt

PerfectAnt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbOuT27nInJaS View Post
I was just wondering if anyones tried the language boosting option, and are all people doing this willing to trade achievements? All i need online now is two for one, steppin razor and overkill, and they've turned out to be a real pain.
yes the are. i was able to do all online achievements in an hour.
PerfectAnt is offline   Reply With Quote