Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
L4D II JoK3r

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
Can you play co-op via system link?

Was looking at getting the not dying on a level achievements done by having a second xbox and making them do all the work whilst my main sits back and does nothing. Was just wondering can I get this done via system link as that would make things easier than finding a partner and doing things twice. Also for system link do both accounts need gold as currently only my main has it.

Thanks for any input

L4D II JoK3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
twotonkoala

milehighkoala's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Hmm, that's an interesting question, have you figured it out? I've never paid close enough attention to see if there is a system link option in the online multiplayer screens, but I don't remember seeing one. Of course you could always go gold with the second account (maybe track down a 48 hour code if they still have them) and just go with a private slot.

I'll look around in the menus, see if there's an option there. As long as the option is present, I don't see what would prevent you from going with that method.

Worth noting however, I've heard that for some reason they can be kind of glitchy, and the host of the game doesn't always get the achievement even if you finish the level without dying. Probably would be better to go with the account you want to get the achievement with as the second player instead of host.
twotonkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
L4D II JoK3r

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
Well sometime in the near future I'll pick the game up and I know someone who has a spare xbox and a copy of this game, so I'll borrow from him and try it out, means that you have an even better option for the not dying on a level achievements. Will post back and hopefully gets added to the guide (Highly doubt that though, this game is so old)

L4D II JoK3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
twotonkoala

milehighkoala's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4D II JoK3r View Post
Well sometime in the near future I'll pick the game up and I know someone who has a spare xbox and a copy of this game, so I'll borrow from him and try it out, means that you have an even better option for the not dying on a level achievements. Will post back and hopefully gets added to the guide (Highly doubt that though, this game is so old)
Even with the option of split screen (and I apologize, I forgot to check last night when I was playing, I'll make sure to remind myself tonight to do it) it might not make it any easier. You'd still have to go through the multiplayer option (as there's no single player, then system link) which doubles the amount of enemies and also makes them a bit tougher than in single player.

After playing through the game quite a few times, there's really no easier way to get those unstoppable achievements than in the single player campaign. I tried multiple times both through multiplayer, as well as through single player and teleporting to specific levels, and both are just more difficult in comparison to single player campaign.

If you need some help, I would be happy to help out with any of them that you might need. I've gotten my character to a point where he can take on any of the levels without any problems. I just need the 7500 drop achievements, and spider farming is driving me nuts. Just let me know.
twotonkoala is offline   Reply With Quote