PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #31
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
I think the Beta is ok. The controls aren't as smooth as in Gears of War but I think I'll get used to it.

But the ONE thing that PISSES ME OFF the most is that this game (just like all other Ubisoft games these days) is that the game is written in Dutch. There's also no way to change that. I don't know about the rest, but I prefer my games in plain f*cking English.

I'm so used to it that I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what the objective is or what certain classes/weapons/mods can do. This issue also ruined my experience during Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

I don't know what Ubisoft is thinking. You wanna focus on a younger audience here in the Netherlands who don't speak English? Fine, just give me the option to change the settings back to English.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #32
FR MATTUU

did you get you beta code from GameReactor.dk?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #33
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
Not impressed by the beta at all. Doesn't feel like a AAA shooter. The gameplay just isn't very tight or polished. Guns handle & sound generic. All the in game chatter sounds like it was ripped straight from the MW series. It's terribly laggy. Had two games with lag where the other team was also spawn killing us on a loop since it seems like you can only spawn on live teammates, your own base, or controlled objectives & the opposing team can see/kill you as you choose your character.

There are some cool & interesting features, like gunsmith, stealth camo, & the cover system, but they don't amount to much when the game feels like a bargain bin budget shooter. Hopefully the campaign & co-op are good, cause I was looking forward to having a tech-heavy tactical shooter to play over the summer.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #34
demonizer_andy

demonizer andy's Gamercard
this is fookin dreadfull the lag is terrible, spawning takes forever, you get killed by people that aint there horrible horrible servers
Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #35
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Either I got lucky with my first match, or the lag has started more and more people started playing. I did not experience any lag at all, which is funny because Aussies always cop it hard.

I wish there wasn't what I hate about GOW3 online - players hide behind a wall and watch their surroundings, waiting for the enemy. Then again, you are supposed to play smart and not just rush into everything.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #36
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
This beta left me disappointed. This does not play nor feel like a Ghost Recon game at all.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #37
OmegaX06

Nearly everything in this game feels mediocre.

Visuals - Almost seems like a step down from the previous games.

First Person Mode - Feels clunky and unresponsive. The default iron sights are hard to look through. Why include First person in a Ghost Recon game? What's worse is that I'm forced to use it in long range battles. The left trigger aiming is NOT accurate at all. Almost complete opposite of the previous games.

Cover system - Nothing terribly wrong with this. In most cases it turns into people hiding behind cover and waiting for extended periods of time. You can't really hit people behind "cover" unless you flank them.

Drones/UAVs/Spotting grenades - Hopefully there's an option to disable all of this. Most Ghost Recon fans played with Spy Drones off in the previous games. Being able to see exactly where the enemy is located is kind of cheesy and not realistic.

Overall the game tries to be more like gears of war/COD then a Ghost Recon game. They have upped the pace in this game. It seems like you run extremely fast. There are those constant reminders that you are getting "XP" for every little thing you do, ala COD. Gunplay is meh and not that satisfying. The best part for me was the gunsmith.

Last edited by OmegaX06; 04-19-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #38
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
My main gripe right now is that when you do find laggy servers they are the worst thing imaginable, I died from nothing and when I tried to respawn I just kept hitting a and a and a and I just sat there in the respawn section for the remainder of the match, also my audio always cuts in and out from time to time, anybody else experiencing that?
Old 04-20-2012, 02:06 AM   #39
MikeAK

xXl MIKE lXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaX06 View Post
Drones/UAVs/Spotting grenades - Hopefully there's an option to disable all of this. Most Ghost Recon fans played with Spy Drones off in the previous games. Being able to see exactly where the enemy is located is kind of cheesy and not realistic.

Agree with you on this one, man. This is actually killing the enjoyment of the beta for me right now. The beta has been out long enough now that everyone has it unlocked and is spamming the heck out of it. I sure hope the final game allows the server host to disable it. It is the single worst part of the game.

On a positive note though, I see some real potential in the weapon customization menu. Even though this is just the beta I have had a lot of fun with it.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #40
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Does anyone else feel like the Bodark have a disadvantage in terms of map design? In every single game, as soon as it starts, I make a mad rush for the first objective. When playing as Ghosts, my squad and I always arrive there first. When playing as Bodark, I have NEVER arrived at the objective before the Ghosts. It seems to me like the Ghosts get a head start every single time, regardless where this random first objective spawns.

On the Pipeline map, a coordinated Ghost team can easily keep the Bodark from reaching any of the objectives. It's much harder to do so on the other map. I'm seriously considering backing out of every game where I start out as Bodark.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #41
CYBER GRIMM

TRINITY KRYSTAL's Gamercard
lets try to remember that this a BETA and not the finshed version of the game. the whole point of the BETA is so that ubisoft in this case can collect feed back from the game play, such as weapons and equipment used and the effects on the field. 1 thing i know well is beta's never run smooth from day 1, remember how bad battlefield 3 beta was to start off with ???

if your having lag issuses then its due to your connection to the host or the hosts bad connection.

theres gonna be alot of bugs in this beta but thats normal, it helps the ubisoft team polish up the game as much as possible before launch.

the combat may be different to what your used to but if you've played gears, battlefield and cod games its not that hard to adjust as it has elements of all 3 titles.

if you came to kill me then you should have brought a bigger gun

Old 04-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #42
HDresden

VGM 007's Gamercard
i'm playing the beta on ps3, but i wasn't terribly impressed with the experience. the menu layout & pre match menu is so close to battlefield 3.

the matches i played had lots of bugs. i realize this is a beta and meant to find and clear out bugs, but it seemed the matches were dominated by them. floating bodies, headless soldiers running around, spawning & dying from nothing, terrible clipping.

also not sure if its indicative of the final game, but i played several matches in a row and the teams stayed the same for everyone. there was no mixing, you stayed on whatever side and that was it. i was on bodark and like mentioned a few posts above, it seemingly appears to be a disadvantage. on the mill level, the first objective was almost always within a few seconds of the ghost spawn.

i'm just not sure how to treat this. its coming from a tactic & squad based approach and some of the gadgets can make the gameplay look like a giant mess, if you got a smoke grenade, a sensor and a tracking thing, so you've got your team running around in green, red enemies showing up behind walls or cover, red footsteps or something showing an enemies path, along with the constant voice over prompting to take the objective or kill the enemy, its a bit much.

i'll keep playing and see if it gets better, but right now, its not doing it for me.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #43
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

I wasn't majorly impressed by my first 2 games, I got my ass handed to me repeatedly, I probably just need to play more & get used to the controls/gameplay etc but initial reactions aren't good. Also, fuck those spotting grenades.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #44
Strid

This is pretty much Wall-Hacks the game. I'm thoroughly impressed, though, by what the game has done to my head. It has made me appreciate the still totally subpar Resident Evil: ORC, been garnered a spot in the top 3 of my worst games ever played list, and completely topped the chart for lowest skill ceiling ever. All of this not even considering the networking issues at all, even if they were perfect, this game would still be atrocious.

So glad they had a beta though. As a Tom Clancy fan, even predominantly a Ghost Recon fan over all the others, I was set, ready to hand Ubisoft over my $65. Not a chance in hell now, not a single chance.

Last edited by Strid; 04-20-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #45
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
Does anyone else feel like the Bodark have a disadvantage in terms of map design? In every single game, as soon as it starts, I make a mad rush for the first objective. When playing as Ghosts, my squad and I always arrive there first. When playing as Bodark, I have NEVER arrived at the objective before the Ghosts. It seems to me like the Ghosts get a head start every single time, regardless where this random first objective spawns.

On the Pipeline map, a coordinated Ghost team can easily keep the Bodark from reaching any of the objectives. It's much harder to do so on the other map. I'm seriously considering backing out of every game where I start out as Bodark.
I agree.The Ghost team always has an advantage.They seam to be a lot more camping prone from my experience.I always play as Brodark for the reason I spent a lot of upgrades on their guns.Bush hiding snipers are starting to become a pain,only option is to flank them.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #46
DeviousD

Send a message via MSN to DeviousD

Devious Damion's Gamercard
Was hyped for this until yesterday when I actually got to play it. And my god what a let down don't think I would even bother renting it.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #47
IrishGorilla64

IrishGorilla64's Gamercard
I like it. It has a little bit of a SOCOM feel for me which I like. I think this will be a day one purchase for me.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #48
benjsimith_ca

I tried this last night for a brief moment and now I want the full game.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #49
XBLsFinest

XBLsFinest's Gamercard
I quite like this game to be honest. I wasn't sure what to expect, I have never played a Ghost Recon game before but it's really enjoyable in my opinion.

I'd quite like to try playing as a team and going tactically if I'm honest, so far it's just been solo for me, but it's worked out alright. I haven't experienced any lag at all, I play as a Rifleman and I do alright most games, considering a first day buy.

My only worry is that there won't be a huge online following like COD/FIFA, where you are always guaranteed a game with a good chance of it being a good connection.

15,000 reached 12/05/2009 - The Nutcracker(Fable 2)
20,000 reached 22/11/2009 - The Conspirators(Assassins Creed 2)
100%- 10 Games
Old 04-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #50
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
I start this knowing its a beta but i have to remind gamers that its just a mere month almost untill the full retail game hits stores what means the developer team is probly wraping up the final touches as we speak. What means that the time they have left to make the on-line experince work without the obvious bugs atm, I have my doubths and they probly get solved over time by the famous "update available"
I def had fun playing the demo, there are a few things that jump into mind however, that it might be not suit every gamer as this isn,t the basic run the mill kinda shooter as in most MP games where everybody goes "Lone Wolf" this def not plays out well and as some did found out will end up more dead then actualy alive.
The other drawback but that isn,t the games faulth is that when you not have anybody in your current friendslist playing it you end up with random gamers, that on itself isn,t bad ofcourse, but what is bad that nobody is actualy using mic or is the the annoying "Party" what means that alot of the tactical element this serie marks is gone aswell, because now i not be able to communicate with my team and warn them about enemies or to help out at an objective.
The other part is how the game works on-line, it basicly select a random host instead of working directly from a server, so what happens is that depending the hosts internet speed and connection gamers might experince lag or so. Then as happen alot to me yesterday just in one match was that we just about to take the last objective, then all the sudden we get a message "Host Switching" what means the current host quited, so we look at a loading screen thinking "okay" but what happens is that both teams are send back to their start points and have to redo all of the objectives again, its cool one time but not 3 times in a row. So it would be nice to see that fixed somehow, not even have to add some hosts might take advantage of this and droll in the famous lag-switching fun and think its skill.
Last but not least is that ubisoft should reward gamers more who took or hold an objective, at this point it seems it bings more to just go and kill enemies instead of taking objectives, whats in my eyes realy the vision behind the MP part. I read that alot of gamers had the same issues with that. Its easy to be fixed and it def would help to make the MP more tactical because atm its just one team goes after the other and try to net as much kills as possible forgeting about objectives.
Otherwise i,m impressed with it so far even the controls are in need of getting used to at start and the first person view is abit akward.
But i like the cover system and the way the soldiers can go in different stances quikly enough. Lets hope Ubisoft fix these issues and we might have a realy solid and above all fun MP experince in our hands.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #51
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBLsFinest View Post
I quite like this game to be honest. I wasn't sure what to expect, I have never played a Ghost Recon game before but it's really enjoyable in my opinion.

I'd quite like to try playing as a team and going tactically if I'm honest, so far it's just been solo for me, but it's worked out alright. I haven't experienced any lag at all, I play as a Rifleman and I do alright most games, considering a first day buy.

My only worry is that there won't be a huge online following like COD/FIFA, where you are always guaranteed a game with a good chance of it being a good connection.
Agreed with this chap, but I just picked up the original Ghost Recon and LOL'd at its general shittiness by today's standards. This beta restores some of the initial enthusiasm I had before playing the original GRAW.

The Splinter Cell: Convicition cover-to-cover mechanic is weird since it's only to a few pre-determined points on your chosen wall sometimes not allowing you to land exactly where you'd like.

Only won as the Ghost team and lost as the Bodark team so I'm inclined to agree with fastNcurious, even if I'm the bottom of whatever team I'm on.

I'd like the Killcams to be in colour, that's the only gripe I've got right now. Nothing major. The Crysis 2 style headshot cam should be used in everything like it is here.

I liked this about as much as I thought I'd like a 3rd person, competitive multiplayer game especially after the asswhoopings I suffered on Red Dead Redemption's Free For All. The Co-op gameplay is more my scene and I'll still probably get this week one for that.

Last edited by Hurricane Of 87; 04-20-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #52
Strid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
Agreed with this chap, but I just picked up the original Ghost Recon and LOL'd at its general shittiness by today's standards. This beta restores some of the initial enthusiasm I had before playing the original GRAW.
Today's standards? Are you mad, there are no standards now. It's pretty much a damn race to see who can make the easiest pile of garbage anymore, and suffice to say, I think Red Storm just won.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #53
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm a newcomer to the Tom Clancy games besides Splinter Cell so I didn't know what I was expecting. Pleasantly surprised at the moment even touh there are some issues. Onto the questions:

1 Was there anything said about this beta being based on older design or is this pretty much the game?

2 in the progression screen, it shows that I unlocked another Version of my equipped helmet. Was the helmet already updated to Version 2 updated or is there another unlock system that I'm missing?

3 any way to detect or hide from cameras and other devices that spot me? The most annoying thing is running into a detection field and having an enemy come out of hiding to kill me before I can get out of the detection zone.

EDIT: nevermind. Found the answers.

Thanks to Gackt

Last edited by koopakiller64; 04-21-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #54
AZxWOLFMANx

WOLFMAN xBOWx's Gamercard
Taste of the beta

Hey guys, I was just wondering about your impressions of the beta. I'm actually enjoying myself with this beta, it's got a fast paced mentality and feels different from the usual Ghost Recon's, almost a Splinter Cell type feel to it. But then again, this approach has turned off a lot of people. But lemme know what you think of it, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Also, if you haven't messed around with the beta, I recorded a match, feel free to laugh at my suckiness ;D

Old 04-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #55
robpears

Game Over Drunk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Football Manager Tournament 3rd Place
I just hope in the full game they have the option to search for matches without the stupid drones/sensors which show where everyone is, this completely ruins the way Ghost Recon should be played!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #56
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
As a competitive player in Shooter games (Not public matches or leaderboards. I focus on clan matches.) I can feel the flaws coming out little by little.

My biggest gripe is that it's 2012, but everyone can feel this game is two to three years behind it's time. I do appreciate the run & gun gameplay improvement because, lets be honest, most shooter players have been enjoying Gears or Call of Duty where Run & Gun is rewarding compared to tactical moves. Ghost Recon always catered squad combats, but I never helped my teammates once and still was on top of the score boards 9/10 times.

The "DETECTED" scenario where you're displayed behind a wall gets annoying really quick. Why have set ups if you're going to be exposed in a few seconds? It's not like Ghost Recon has a reaction mechanic (GOW: Dodge Roll CoD: Drop/Jump Shot Halo: Jump Turn on), so once you're in a gunfight from somewhere that's not in your main angle, you're pretty much dead.

For people saying "LOL DUN WORRY THEY GUN FIX IT R BETA" about a million times. Do you guys even know the time frame of this? All they're doing is a stress test on the servers and maybe some minor adjustments at best. They're NOT going to nerf/buff anything because of the fact that we don't have access everything, so maybe a gun isn't as strong but with the FMJ bullets or other things it'll become overpowered. The controls are set, it won't be unclunky. Gears of War 3 had the whole summer, as did Call of Duty 4 back then. Do any of you guys remember CoD: WaW's beta that came out a month before the actual game release? Did you notice any actual changes? Didn't think so.

Unless my boys are getting it, I'm not purchasing this game. Thankfully I only shelled $5 for the Pre-Order.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #57
robpears

Game Over Drunk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Football Manager Tournament 3rd Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaX06 View Post
Nearly everything in this game feels mediocre.
This right here is my main complaint! ^

I just hope in the full game they have the option to search for matches without the stupid drones/sensors which show where everyone is, this completely ruins the way Ghost Recon should be played!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #58
Barad
I found some Exotic Socks

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
When it comes to multiplayer, ill stick to Battlefield 3, probably get this for the singleplayer experience then sell it back, it's okay at best but all these guns feel the same and controls are kinda weak. Graphics are horrible but I just hope most of these things are fixed when the real thing comes out. I have nothing against Ghost Recon and really hope this turns out good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #59
i NatrlKilla i

Killa x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
What's with hacking an enemy? I know it reveals the positions of their team mates, but is that all it does? I ask, because I got hacked earlier, and there was 3 enemies stood about as one of them hacked me, and as I got up, all 3 of them got up and ran off, allowing me to kill all 3 of them.
Then in the game I just played, I hacked an enemy, killed him as soon as he stood up, and the position of his team mates remained, so why did the enemy run off after hacking me?

Am I missing something here?

Black Ops Multiplayer Updates Here

Old 04-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #60
fastNcurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by i NatrlKilla i View Post
What's with hacking an enemy? I know it reveals the positions of their team mates, but is that all it does? I ask, because I got hacked earlier, and there was 3 enemies stood about as one of them hacked me, and as I got up, all 3 of them got up and ran off, allowing me to kill all 3 of them.
Then in the game I just played, I hacked an enemy, killed him as soon as he stood up, and the position of his team mates remained, so why did the enemy run off after hacking me?

Am I missing something here?
You're not missing anything. They're just clueless. It looks to them like you're down and they assumed you would bleed out and die.

I haven't been able to complete a game all day. Played maybe 10 games. Each one ended with getting kicked because server is no longer on line (whatever that means) or host leaves and then host migration fails. Hope the actual game does a better job here.
Closed Thread