PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
wildlatics09

sF WildY's Gamercard
is this game decent?

played this game once... is it worth playing again sometime soon? just can't really get into it..

50,000G 14/05/2011 UK
60,000G 14/04/2012 UK
70,000G 12/11/2012 UK

trueachievements
wildlatics09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
IceBlox

IceBlox's Gamercard
have you ever played any of the other assassin's creed?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #3
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlox View Post
have you ever played any of the other assassin's creed?
Viewing their profile, they only played the first 2 and not Brotherhood
Old 04-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
IceBlox

IceBlox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
Viewing their profile, they only played the first 2 and not Brotherhood
Yea I thought about looking at his gamertag, but im lazy as sh*t. And I do not know why he wouldn't want to continue the series, its great.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
wildlatics09

sF WildY's Gamercard
i've played 1,2 and brotherhood, but 2 and brotherhood were really easy to get into, may play it again, is the online any good?

50,000G 14/05/2011 UK
60,000G 14/04/2012 UK
70,000G 12/11/2012 UK

trueachievements
Old 04-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Midersaw

Midersaw's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Silver   PAX Meet 2010
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I thought this game was the worst of the series. Constantinople is not that big of a city compared to explorable areas in previous entries, such as Rome in AC Brotherhood, and definitely not in AC2 or AC1, in which you had multiple cities to explore.

There are very few Challenge Levels (I can only remember doing two, Hagia Sophia and some lighthouse, but there may have been another I'm forgetting).

It didn't take long before I had the best armor/weapons in the game, and the equipment that became available at blacksmiths through story progression was worse than that which I already had. The combat felt stale and dull, as did buying stores and renovating the city, because it is exactly the same as in ACB.

Sending recruited assassins on missions throughout the Mediterranean has been improved, as now you can take control of a city with your assassins which will earn you extra gold. Unfortunately, to be as secure as possible in all of the cities you will have to recruit somewhere around 50 assassins. This process will actually constitute the bulk of the game, if you choose to control all the cities possible.

Some of the innovative features of previous entries (riding horses, Da Vinci's flying machine, Subject 16 puzzle mini-games) have been replaced with bomb making, the hook blade, and the Den Defense mini-game. Bomb making can be confusing and intimidating at first glance, but if given a chance they make the combat in the game so easy as to be completely pointless. The hook blade is simply an addition that allows Ezio to use the various ziplines scattered around the city, and help the old man (of which everybody in the game will remind you that Ezio is now an elderly gentleman) climb buildings faster. Den Defense is a mini-game in which you position defenses such as archers or riflemen to defend your den from advancing Templars. Pretty boring in my opinion, and I avoided it as much as possible.

I found myself never using or only using once the usual factions (thief/mercenary/Romani) found throughout the city. There was simply no need to ever use them, except for the Romani in a mission or two where sneaking was essential.

The Desmond first-person "puzzle" sequences are glaringly out of place in this game. The entire time I was doing them I couldn't help but think to myself, "This isn't Assassin's Creed." They do reveal some of Desmond's story, but the developers could have found a better way to convey that information to the player. I felt like they were trying too hard to be clever with those sequences, and they are ultimately a failure. The single-player DLC, The Lost Archive, is also nothing but first-person sequences. I was looking forward to playing as Ezio some more, maybe doing a nice new Challenge Level, but instead I got a pale shadow of what seems to be a Portal imitation.

I thought the multiplayer was worse than ACB. I found myself enjoying ACB's multiplayer in spite of myself, but ACR's multiplayer, while very similar to ACB's in every way (many of ACB's maps are used in ACR), is much less enjoyable because of the convoluted menus, leveling system, the need to purchase perks/abilities/characters/titles/costume colors/and just about everything else with Abstergo credits.

This game really turned me off to the Assassin's Creed series and I would not buy another game like this. I will wait to buy AC3, and if it doesn't present something new and interesting (besides the location and the weapons) to this stale series, then I will seek my entertainment elsewhere.

Completed Arcade: 20
Midersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
wildlatics09

sF WildY's Gamercard
from your analysis it seems like a downgraded ACB :/ and yeah, he's gotten a lot older, and i think that takes the context out of the game tbh, no offence intended to anyone, but how many elderly assassins have there been?

personally, i believe that no assassin's creed will be better than the second one.. i never really played the MP on ACB, may try multiplayer on ACR when i get round to it, but i strongly dislike the use of the hook blade, in which i can remember from my first go on the game

i also don't like altair as i never liked the first assassinn's creed, so i think that brings back a few bad memories..

the dlc looks a no-go either it sounds pretty dull, i mean, the da vinvi one in ACB was brilliant i thought!

50,000G 14/05/2011 UK
60,000G 14/04/2012 UK
70,000G 12/11/2012 UK

trueachievements
Old 04-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
this game is better than brotherhood bit not as good as II imo
Old 04-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #9
thebat7

thebat7's Gamercard
You said it in the title. Decent. That's the best word to describe it. Not bad. But not really good either. Easily the least enjoyable of the series thus far IMO.
thebat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #10
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat7 View Post
You said it in the title. Decent. That's the best word to describe it. Not bad. But not really good either. Easily the least enjoyable of the series thus far IMO.
You must have not played the first
Old 04-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #11
thebat7

thebat7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
You must have not played the first
I did. And yeah, it got repetitive. But the story was simply amazing. The history behind it all, the detail they put into the city, etc. At the time, it was awesome.

I think Revelations suffers from a "been there, done that" gameplay. Especially coming so soon after brotherhood. I guess it just got old for me. Plus, I miss having the Church as the big bad.
thebat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlatics09 View Post
i've played 1,2 and brotherhood, but 2 and brotherhood were really easy to get into, may play it again, is the online any good?
When I got used to it I love it, I'm always playing and it's different as it doesn't matter what your K/D ratio is either.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:13 AM   #13
Zoinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat7 View Post
I think Revelations suffers from a "been there, done that" gameplay. Especially coming so soon after brotherhood. I guess it just got old for me. Plus, I miss having the Church as the big bad.
I'm playing it right now and feel the same way. It also feels hastily slapped together, especially with all the glitches I've run into. For example I'll loot a guard, find a bomb, and instead of adding one it'll subtract one. At one point it removed all 3 of my thunder bombs and didn't bother adding the one I had found. Now all 10 of my parachutes have just disappeared which is why I decided to sign up here. I need to see if there are any game stoppers that need avoiding. With AC3's debut such a short time away, I'm worried we'll see more of the same (the developer who felt a tedious menu based mini-game that needs to be constantly micro-managed would be fun really needs to be fired).
Zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #14
rolltide1980

Rolltide1980's Gamercard
I just started sequence 5,just now got around to opening the game from Christmas because my ACB file became corrupted somehow so it took me a while to become motivated enough to start completely over on ACB. I went directly from ACB to ACR, and so far for the most part I'm pretty happy with the game. I really enjoy the Altair bits so far,his fighting style is a good bit different than Ezio's. The story is amazing so far,the gameplay is definitely not much different. I miss looking for the glyphs and solving Subject 16's puzzles but its not a major issue with me as the Subject 16 puzzles were only a mere diversion for me in the past. The hookblades do add some nice combat elements and also help you navigate better but its not a complete game changer,rather a subtle inclusion.

So yeah,it really doesn't feel much different than ACB,I can understand where some people may be slightly disappointed by ACR but to me it finishes out Ezio's storyline and adds to the AC story,its a fun game but does feel more like an expansion to AC2 and ACB rather than a true sequel. I enjoyed the Turkish setting,Italy was starting to feel a little stale,the hookblade seemed to fit well with the gameplay, and the Altair gameplay was implemented well. On the negative side, the den defense minigame felt a little out of place, renovating the city is starting to show its age, and would have been nice to have Subject 16 puzzles and Templar lairs. All in all I really enjoy the game so far and feel that most people that don't really like it feel this way because it doesn't have the feel of a true sequel but an expansion.
rolltide1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
gemnian

SorryImSoAce's Gamercard
It's seriously amazing. For me the assassins creed games just got better and better as they went along.
gemnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It is a good game...At the very least, it is worth a rent. If I am not mistaken, you get a 3 day free trial on the MP, which is enough time to net the cheevos for the online aspect of it.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
McGoat

great game well worth playing. if you liked brotherhood you will like this too
McGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #18
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Its decent, only reason its not great is because of Den Defense and that complete bs fps Desmond Sequences which is complete garbage.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #19
1 up

wait you need an online pass to play this game.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:37 AM   #20
Scrapmetal99

Scrapmetal99's Gamercard
It's more fun if you've played the other games. But in general its an outstanding game!

Scrapmetal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #21
BubbaDudebro

Bubba Dudebro's Gamercard
Just picked this up for $20. Will probably start playing this weekend!! Looking forward to it.
BubbaDudebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #22
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I thought the game was great, continued the story in great fashion. Always been my thought that this is on of the greatest games series on the console, which doesn't get anything like the credit it deserves alongside yawnfests like Halo and COD.

The MP was half decent this time around compared to the 'tacked on' feeling of AC: Brotherhood, and the den defense seems a bit gimmicky if i'm honest.

This series for me has always been about the story though, and for me it didn't disappoint!

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote