PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Thumbs down So disappointed with pro mode.

I bought this & the so called real guitar on day 1. thinking i would be playing real guitar. well since then i've been enrolled in guitar classes. i've now come to realise. its still a controller & not a real guitar! i thought i would be playing the real tracks. but as i've been taking lessons. i've noticed the tabs are NOT the same as RB3 pro mode expert. i thought the tracks & DLC would be the real thing.

please understand, i am expressing what i have come to learn. i'm not here to troll. these are my concerns. this game is just a game. not what i was lead to believe it would be. all these types of games are liks this. take my advice. if you want to learn/play real instruments. go take real classes. it took me a long time to find a good teacher. please do the same if you're serious about playing please feel free to share your thoughts & experiences. i strongly feel i was mislead by harmonics. am glad to be learning & playing the real deal. this is still sadly a toy. a very expensive toy. which you could buy a decent entry level guitar with. i use a PRS SE with a peavey viper 40 watt amp. thanks for your time & have a great day! but do understand, this is still a toy. if you're serious, goodluck & find a good teacher! hang in there & all my best wish this was the real deal. sadly its not. take care everyone!
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
LuridShadowX

LuridShadowX's Gamercard
I agree. I thought Pro Mode would be fun and a good way to learn guitar in my spare time, but it just doesn't fit into a video game. I play Rock Band/Guitar Hero for the sake of not being good at a real guitar, so it kind of defeats the purpose. Now my Pro Guitar just sits in the corner of my room collecting dust...

The auto-calibration is useful though lol.
LuridShadowX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
the thing that really bugs me about this. its the money & time i put into it. money & time i could have used more constructively.
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I really enjoy Pro Drums with my ION kit. But it wasn't as much of an investment, plus easily adapts to all the songs.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
lukinreprise

lukinreprise's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj3d View Post
I really enjoy Pro Drums with my ION kit. But it wasn't as much of an investment, plus easily adapts to all the songs.
I LOVE my ion rocker! Pro guitar mode is a good idea in theory, but they executed it poorly. What's up with having to pay for pro upgrades on songs? ALL Rock Band songs are compatible with pro drums without buying an upgrade. I wouldn't ever get the guitar..
Completed Dec. 6, 2009
lukinreprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #6
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukinreprise View Post
What's up with having to pay for pro upgrades on songs?
Besides the fact that it is an entirely separate track while Pro Drums is just the basic track, the work it takes to chart pro guitar is orders of magnitude more than it takes to chart for Pro Drums.

Pro Drums: 8 pads instead of 5.
Pro Guitar: 102 buttons instead of 5. 6 Strum points instead of 1.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 06-21-2012 at 01:00 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote