PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Shadowiii

Scand3licious's Gamercard
Man, this game has some weird issues

Mostly Achievement ones. Whenever I get a cheevo, the game hits slowdown city. If it's in-game it only lasts a few seconds, but during cuscenes it last the duration of the cutscene. After killing the Worm Boss in SH3 it took almost five minutes for what was originally a 15 seconds death scene to roll out. Same goes for getting the boat cheevo in SH2.
Anybody else having this problem? The cheevo pop itself is even slow sometimes, like it's slowing the whole system down. Really bizarre.

Recent 100%s - Deathspank ("Greetings, Taco Wench!")

Shadowiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
fivebyfive200

Yeah its problem that affects everyone, sometimes even without achievement the frame rate goes to hell during a cutscene once or twice

edit it happens in SH3 as well
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
8BitSoul

xX 8BitSoul Xx's Gamercard
It's weird as hell! Especially when you consider that SH2 is over 10 years old... This seriously shouldn't be a problem for current generation consoles. What I find even more disturbing, is how long it takes to load the result screen. Even when you don't unlock achievements, just loading a result screen from the main menu takes forever!
8BitSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
TwoZacksOneCup

TwoZacksOneCup's Gamercard
It may be because I've installed the game, also on a newer Xbox, but I haven't had any achievement freezes and the results screen loads fine for me.

However, the game does lag a lot when I beat a boss (only on SH3) and when I use the unlimited submachine gun. I can live with these problems, the only problem I really, really can't stand is in SH2 with the nurses. The audio either starts late or carries on once I've killed them, which makes me think there's more nearby, which is extremely annoying!
TwoZacksOneCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
srylain

I believe the reason for this anomaly is because after you complete the criteria for the achievement, which would be right when it would unlock, it keeps trying to unlock it, over and over and over.

The reasoning for this, is that my profile's save on my flash drive. So whenever an achievement would unlock, it flashes. During the slowdown in the cutscenes and wherever else, it's flashing constantly.
srylain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:57 AM   #6
victimroyalty

I get lag when I unlock an achievement, but none like what everyone else is describing. I just beat the Worm in under 2 minutes, got the achievement and the lag lasted for about 5 seconds and was fine. No laggy cut-scenes or anything. I've also heard that peoples final game stats screens take forever to load or freeze out. Finished Silent Hill 2 yesterday and viewed my stats no problem. Maybe it's certain systems? It's very weird that people are experiencing these things.
victimroyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
The game actually crash/freezes aswell. I had to replay half of the game because of the game freezing 2 times during a 2-savegame run I was trying to do right away ... it's fucking annoying. Just happened a minute ago again and I'm really close to throwing the game into the trash ...
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreckofant View Post
The game actually crash/freezes aswell. I had to replay half of the game because of the game freezing 2 times during a 2-savegame run I was trying to do right away ... it's fucking annoying. Just happened a minute ago again and I'm really close to throwing the game into the trash ...
I know the feeling. I made the achievement guide yet I can't stand to play this buggy game. One a good note, Konami back around April 25th stated that they are working on a patch for both Downpour and HD Collection, according to a site I follow for SH news. Don't know the credibility of this statement as there wasn't a source, just a quoted section.

http://shshatteredmemories.com/blog/...hd-collection/

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
Timberwolf

TheGaytonator's Gamercard
Oh My Gosh, off topic... but when did Silent Hill come to xbox?! I knnow that probably sounds really dumb now :S But where have I been to miss this?! x
Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote