PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #1
Blackjaw x
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Blackjaw x

Modern Leper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Master Sniper

For this achievement, you need to get 10 kills with headshots in a row.
I tried it hundreds of times with weapons that weren't snipers and confirmed that it must be a sniper or the achievement is glitched.
So I went to the part with the weird infrared sniper and tried reloading that checkpoint and killing 15+ guys in a row with headshots, it still won't work.
I've done it without missing, without reloading, everything.
The guys with helmets lose their helmets and the guys without do the weird 'popup' animation so I know I'm getting headshots.

I'm trying it at that part with 6 or so snipers in the big area.
I kill those 6, then 4 or 5 other guys come and I kill all them then reload before killing the blimp.

If anyone has it, how/where/with what gun/in how many kills did you get it?

EDIT: How embarassing... I got it the first time after posting this. I just did exactly what I did before... except I put the difficulty on normal instead of easy, even though the achievement says any difficulty.

Last edited by Blackjaw x; 03-02-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Blackjaw x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:34 AM   #2
davidj1091

Send a message via MSN to davidj1091 Send a message via Yahoo to davidj1091

davidj1091's Gamercard
I have it on Hard and I haven't gotten it yet. So I guess it must be on Normal.
davidj1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I did 11 Headshots with a pistol, that did not work either, on Normal.
LeMansFahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
That sucks I love sniper achievements. I haven't got a sniper yet in this game but I'll put in some input when I find out.

FreaKyDeaKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #5
Blackjaw x
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Blackjaw x

Modern Leper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Okay well it seems as though a great spot would be near the end, when you're crossing the bridge to board the huge blimp.
You can pick up a sniper somewhere before going up an elevator.
You go up the elevator, then there's a guy on your left, so carefully get a headshot on him. Then go back to the right, there's one more guy then 2 at the end of a long walkway thing. (One's firing rockets).
Then, there's 2 assault blimps on the right with people at the bottom, headshot as many of those as possible.
Look up on the bridge beside you to your left and there's 5-10 people who stand in the same spot.
Keep hitting their heads as they pour in together.

This should work although it's not where I got my achievement... just seems a better place.
Blackjaw x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
Pikey360

pikey360's Gamercard
hi guys thought id share my views on the sniper ach i was trying on storming the tower on all difficulties also with the cheats on was trying for and i shit u not 8 hours all together with well over 800 head shots still was not getting it so i gave up for a few days. then tryed again and FINALLY I GOT IT. i did it on escape plan when i picked up the vampire gun i had it on normal with cheats ON. i also missed a few shots in between getting it hope this helps.

Last edited by Pikey360; 03-07-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Pikey360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
Dan261

Dan Ace X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
I got it on Act 1:3. It's at the part where you need the sniper to kill the guys on the rooftops (near the end of the level). There's 6 of them, so use your red vision to spot them, but turn it OFF to snipe. You should see 2 red dots, which is the enemy's eyes. Simply snipe all 6 of them in the head. After that, cross over to the next building by climbing on the pipe. About 4 or 5 more enemies should be hiding on the ground. Wait until they stand still, and snipe them in the head. I did this on Hard difficulty and I got it, although I didn't try on the other difficulties. Hope this helps.

Seriously 3.0
- 7/25/12
Dan261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:19 AM   #8
Crush

The absolute easiest way to get this one is to grab the sniper rifle after you parachute onto the tower. Its directly in front of you on a box or something. Then, stay back, shoot the three guys by the machine gun pit to the right and the one on the elevated walkway just a wee bit to their left. Then go to your left and take out the guys in the other pit and the snipers and others on the elevated walkway. Before you get to leave here and into the door you should have this one. In fact DO NOT go in the door if you havent gotten it, pause and reload the checkpoint and try again. Each time you kill one count it so you know when you hit ten if you missed a head shot.
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #9
eGs GoReFeSt

eGs GoReFeSt's Gamercard
this achievement is annoying me so much ive followed all your guides people and i still cant bloody get it ive tried it on normal,hard and even insane and still no joy, ive tried it in the sewer when ya get the vampire rifle and no joy tried it before you get into the zepplin no joy and ive tried it a hundred times on storm the tower and still no joy
eGs GoReFeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:25 AM   #10
gog

gogzilla's Gamercard
mine took a few tries after you parachute on to the tower - you get a sniper to start out with - and more then 10 targets that are rather easy to pick off - i just aimed for the top part of the heads - to only hit - and not chance a neck - or top body shot- after a few tries - i got it - and it was easy enough to just load checkpoint since you start out pretty much where you need to be
gog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
Tekkneek

TeKknEeK's Gamercard
just got this after like 100 tries my advice would be not to aim for the top of there head aim for the middle of the face lol that how i got it!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
tjayars

tjayars's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GSL 11 Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
The absolute easiest way to get this one is to grab the sniper rifle after you parachute onto the tower. Its directly in front of you on a box or something. Then, stay back, shoot the three guys by the machine gun pit to the right and the one on the elevated walkway just a wee bit to their left. Then go to your left and take out the guys in the other pit and the snipers and others on the elevated walkway. Before you get to leave here and into the door you should have this one. In fact DO NOT go in the door if you havent gotten it, pause and reload the checkpoint and try again. Each time you kill one count it so you know when you hit ten if you missed a head shot.

Got it second try using this method on EASY. There are at least 20 guys before you go through the door. First try definitely missed a shot so I restarted counted every one and got it at 17th. There were still 3-4 guys left if not more.
tjayars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #13
Omega Deez

Omega Deez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
I don't know if this will help but I got it in the beginning of the tower as well. I shot 8 guys in the face, got killed (not on purpose) reloaded the checkpoint and then started over again only to get the achievement after shooting 2 dudes in the mug. That was the first time I went for the achievement as well.
Omega Deez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #14
Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1's Gamercard
I finally got it at the parachute drop point as well. I'd been trying over and over on Normal, failing for no reason. I just gave up. I loaded the game up just now to go ahead and finish the rest of the campain, but decided on a whim to try it some more on Easy first. Got it first try. Go fig. Obviously, everybody's copies are glitched differently, so if you try enough combinations of sniper locations and difficulty levels, you should hopefully be able to pull this off.
Stuffgamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #15
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Wow, I've been having a lot of trouble with this achievement until I read this post!
Got with with my first try! I did London Tower on EASY. Grabbed the sniper rifle and started shooting. I just lined up the middle point on your scope with the brim of their helmet and got a headshot evey time.

Thanks!

FX.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #16
Illini519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter X 2007 View Post
Wow, I've been having a lot of trouble with this achievement until I read this post!
Got with with my first try! I did London Tower on EASY. Grabbed the sniper rifle and started shooting. I just lined up the middle point on your scope with the brim of their helmet and got a headshot evey time.

Thanks!

FX.
Thank you very much. "I just lined up the middle point on your scope with the brim of their helmet and got a headshot evey time." That's exactly the way to get the perfect registered headshot. I got it ON EASY on mission 6. However I didn't miss once, but I did reload. For a tip of advice, the enemies love the mounted machine gun and that can't obviously move once they are on it. So kill the first mounted gunner and then another will hop on and so on.
Illini519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #17
boogieboy38

boogieboy38's Gamercard
I just wanted to help out by telling how I got it. I got it on London Tower on easy with cheats on. I had to shoot the brim of their helmets thats the only way it will register as a headshot. Thanks everybody for your help.
boogieboy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #18
xENVxGAMERSKREW

Send a message via ICQ to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via AIM to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via MSN to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Yahoo to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Skype™ to xENVxGAMERSKREW

xENVxGAMERSKREW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This is gay i had over 10+ head shots on normal on different occasions didnt unlock
Old 08-31-2008, 10:37 PM   #19
jaubin17

jaubin17's Gamercard
Tried this about 20 times in lvl 6 every difficulty and I finally GOT IT in lvl 6 after head shotting about twenty guys. I killed all the guys at the beginning and all the guys that come out the door. The problem with my disc or maybe even 360 is every time i restart lvl i think it glitches the achievement so for me i have to either quit and go to the main menu then select the level and watch the cinematic mode all over again or turn off my 360 completely and go into the game from there. This is not the only game that has done this for me soldier of forture and army of two actually did the exact same thing.

just a tip becuz someone might have the same problem as me.
jaubin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #20
AkinAgate

AkinAgate's Gamercard
I to did got it on EASY setting... on the tower you parachute in level 6... and after using the shoot at the brim of the helmet tactic I then got the achievement!!!!!!!
AkinAgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #21
Rotary Blaze

Send a message via AIM to Rotary Blaze Send a message via Yahoo to Rotary Blaze

Rotary Blaze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I got mine on easy setting on the Storming the Tower as well. I got it first try, on my first ten kills. I was worried this would take me long, but this technique worked out great. i even missed on shot (the guy moved back to cover and I hit nothing) and it didn't interrupt the combo.

Thank you for the recommendation and good luck to anybody else that doesn't have this yet.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #22
JJBDude

Send a message via MSN to JJBDude

JJBDude48's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Eurgh I'm giving up for now. Must have had 150+ headshots yet no achievement, tried on both Easy and Normal. Not too sure what this brim is all about, have shot at the bottom of helmets and tops, still no achievement.
JJBDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #23
Shotgun57

Shotgun57's Gamercard
Took me a couple of tries, done it on level 6, and make sure you hit the helmet, I'm pretty sure in the face don't count, thats what I gathered. I done it on Normal, and I think there is exactly 10-11 enemies on the rooftop before they come through the door.
- Call of Duty 2 (1000/1000)
- Lost Via Domus (1000/1000)
- Terminator: Salvation (1000/1000)
- Halo 3 (1510/1750)

Shotgun57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #24
supermm

supermm's Gamercard
A couple of tries for the archivement unlocked.
Done it on level 6 and make sure you hit around the brim of the helmet.
supermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #25
Taffy

Welshboy Taffy's Gamercard
I give up I've reloaded level 6 so many times now I'm starting to get worried about wearing that part of the disc away I'm just going to finish the game then come back to it

Edit : done it

Last edited by Taffy; 03-05-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Taffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #26
chancexology101

chancexology101's Gamercard
Thumbs up master sniper

Well this achievement is quite difficult but this thread was great help!!!
This is how I got MASTER SNIPER..... put the game on NORMAL and CHEATS on put the third level with the subway when you get the sniper rifle close to the exit of subway checkpoint kill the couple guys in the subway to practice your headshots....once you leave subway there will be a checkpoint and objective added saying "MEET UP WITH NATIONAL GAURD".Go to where the game directs you here comes achievement part there are snipers scattered across rooftops and a blimp shooting at you...first line up your head shots with the one eye you can see on the enemy shoot the snipers right above thier eye there should be six in all. Now you will have to shimmy across the way to the other building and doing so will cause the next set of guys to spawn...
So follow the method given in the earlier threads to line up your shot with the brim of thier helmet wait for them to be still for that brief second and fire but make sure that it is lined up with the brim of the enemies helmet...
If you killed all the guys and achievement does not unlock just reload checkpoint and continue to follow directions from this thread and you will get achievement.One more thing you know you hit a head shot on the snipers when theey fall backwards with thier knees bent and the other guys when thier helmet flies off....
Just to add I beat the game then went back for this achievement and a couple other ones but fairly simple after you know how to play.
chancexology101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #27
M85A21
Banned User

Oldedog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I used the Infra-Red weapon and got it. On Hard too.
M85A21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #28
abigfrog

a big frog's Gamercard
If this is of any help to anyone:

Tried for days to get this but it just wasn't giving. Tried every location that you get a sniper on every dificulty but nothing until;

Mission 6 (Storming the tower)
Easy
Start this from the main menu, fly down, pick up the sniper and just aim for the middle of their helmets and you should get it.
abigfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #29
Lara Croft

LaraCroftAngel's Gamercard
i got it on the last mission (on normal) where you can use sniper rifle in the plane hangar, there are plenty of enemies there to kill

Last edited by Lara Croft; 04-11-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Lara Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:58 AM   #30
GoetheKatzchen

GoetheKatzchen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by abigfrog View Post
If this is of any help to anyone:

Tried for days to get this but it just wasn't giving. Tried every location that you get a sniper on every dificulty but nothing until;

Mission 6 (Storming the tower)
Easy
Start this from the main menu, fly down, pick up the sniper and just aim for the middle of their helmets and you should get it.
This is the method that worked for me. SCRIPT305 and LaraCroftAngel recommended aiming at the "lip" of the helmets.

I had tried at least ten times before, but after their tips I got it on the first try.