Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Prototype 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Lycan Nox

Lycan Nox's Gamercard
*spoilers* Ending

Ok so I just finished the game, surprisingly quickly. I've done all of the Radnet quests, and most of everything else. But the story didn't seem to be has vast as the last one, very little reference to pariah or anything of real interest...

Did anyone else think that Mercer's whole motive/personality was wrong? I mean at the end of the first game you save NY, and you hate blackwatch/gentek and it is all about him redeeming his human self. Which in turn makes him a better man the he was before he became the virus.

But in this he's just a flat out bad guy...Why? It's completely against his original MO. I get the revenge thing but taking over the world? Becoming a comic book villain to try control the world? WTF?

I was really hoping that he'd be corrupted some how, that I could have accepted, but to suddenly do this to him makes no sense.

Did i miss something in the side story stuff that explains why he's gone off the deep end?

What did everyone else think?
Lycan Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
mickey2002

InfoCone's Gamercard
Meh lol gameplay etc was enjoyable but jeez how short! I only need 1 more upgrade (ran out of consume upgrades) and need a lot more EP to level up so got to do a new game once thats done I'm gonna sell it while it's worth a ton if dlc adds anything good/achievements (dout it very much) I'll rebuy on the mega cheap. Meh least with stuff like crackdown has reasons to keep it (messing in co-op etc) or just cause 2 (huge sp game)

No idea what else they have been working on but for time since prototype 1... is that it ?
mickey2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
SweetTooth127

SweetTooth127's Gamercard
Ya, the game was very short & easy, the gameplay is fun but I hate the ending, I didn't like that Alex die that easily
SweetTooth127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
jackofblades

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Prototype 3 Heller/Mercer

jackofblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #5
II ShinJubei II

II ShinJubei II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan Nox View Post
Did anyone else think that Mercer's whole motive/personality was wrong? I mean at the end of the first game you save NY, and you hate blackwatch/gentek and it is all about him redeeming his human self. Which in turn makes him a better man the he was before he became the virus.

But in this he's just a flat out bad guy...Why? It's completely against his original MO. I get the revenge thing but taking over the world? Becoming a comic book villain to try control the world? WTF?
I'm not one 2 really speak considering I havent played P2 but if memory serves me right didn't the real Mercer save NY n when he left the crow/raven that touched the virus residue became the clone Mercer. I remember this clone Mercer giving a mean/evil look before u were able 2 free roam. Could this be the bad Mercer u r seeing in P2?
II ShinJubei II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #6
Kal_El
Banned User

Kal_El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #7
II ShinJubei II

II ShinJubei II's Gamercard
I'm sorry. I was talking about P1 ending
II ShinJubei II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
L KIRA HAYABUSA

L KIRA HAYABUSA's Gamercard
I really hated the fact that I couldn't get into this story as much as I did with the first one. Everything seemed so rushed together. I got this game Wednesday, I've already done all the side missions, collectibles, and all consumes. All I have to do now is level up three times and beat it on hard.

The main thing I didn't like about this game was how evil Alex was, he was much better in the first.
L KIRA HAYABUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
gavdude

u need to read the comics. it explains why mercer is such a bad guy in prototype 2. basically, he tried to save a family he was staying with in the mountains but they turned out as crooked as criminals so he just realised humans arent worth saving. fuck em.
gavdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
Lycan Nox

Lycan Nox's Gamercard
Oh i might get the comics now then, but if it's the whole "he lost faith in humanity" chestnut then he should have come across better in the game. He still comes across as a old comic book villain who takes over the world because he knows best.
Lycan Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
richardwarnercool1

Basically in the comic he comes to the conclusion that humanity really isn't worth saving. He tries to find a reason to believe in humanity, but everything he sees makes him more disillusioned until he finally decides to wipe humanity out and start again.
richardwarnercool1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #12
Hyperion

I have never been so pissed in my life. The comics are weak and retarded. Alex is nothing more then a cheap Saturday morning cartoon villain.
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #13
gamemaster00716

gamemaster00716's Gamercard
I was a little disapointed by the fact *Spoiler* Mercer died.
gamemaster00716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #14
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwarnercool1 View Post
Basically in the comic he comes to the conclusion that humanity really isn't worth saving. He tries to find a reason to believe in humanity, but everything he sees makes him more disillusioned until he finally decides to wipe humanity out and start again.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he NOT a human at all? Wasn't it the case that he was just a mutated form of the virus that took the shape/personality of Mercer because he was the last host before he died (This was the big plot reveal from the first game if I recall correctly)?

If that's the case, why would he even care about saving humanity? I thought that was why he was already the villain if the second game, because he was already planning on wiping humanity and turning all living beings to an infect creature like him?
Rapture639 is offline   Reply With Quote