Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Syndicate
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Market

Market N Rena's Gamercard
Large Syndicate XBox Lockup

just as the title says, I believe InfectedOmen is beginning to experience this problem... we added our 21st member a few days ago and Metal had his box lock up on him shortly after running a mission with me and the new member...

in the past few days, it's happened to him 2 more times... we've added another 4 members since then, total of 25, and just now three of our ranks that were playing together had to hard-reset their Boxes...

I'm going to post this everywhere, I hate to have to boot members just to keep the most active from locking up...
Market is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Apparently with increasing syndicate sizes, the game becomes more and more prone to freezing the console, probably from the amount of updates the game constantly does to the syndicate and member status.

I ended up only staying in a syndicate for the challenges, then stayed out. Being out of a syndicate, your xbox probably will never freeze unless you play non-stop, as it froze for me a couple times randomly when not in one.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
Market

I was truly hoping this was just a rumor, but I'm seeing that it's not... thankfully, the locking up isn't happening to me yet... it is however happening to one of my most active members... we can't have that... lol

it was pretty apparent at the 21st member, and with the next four new members, it became more frequent and occurred to three other people... I'm likely going to put a 20 member cap on our Syndicate just to see if we can avoid this glitch... we're currently sitting in 2nd place on the 360 leaderboard, I'm not really happy about having to turn away people that want to join us...

*insert EA logo here*
Old 04-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #4
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market View Post
I was truly hoping this was just a rumor, but I'm seeing that it's not... thankfully, the locking up isn't happening to me yet... it is however happening to one of my most active members... we can't have that... lol

it was pretty apparent at the 21st member, and with the next four new members, it became more frequent and occurred to three other people... I'm likely going to put a 20 member cap on our Syndicate just to see if we can avoid this glitch... we're currently sitting in 2nd place on the 360 leaderboard, I'm not really happy about having to turn away people that want to join us...

*insert EA logo here*
Neurodyne, back when we were active (only a week, heh) had these issues with only 12 or so members. I know syndicate size is a factor, but it also might be based on how active the group is and how often they are updating. Gackt, IDiivil, Corpse and I were playing hours a day, usually tallying up at least two million or more between the four of us in six hours of play. Once we added more people, the crashes happened. I have a feeling the two might be related, based on your large syndicate pool.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
Market

we had pretty frequent crashes right after release, the worst of which was caused by Live Party... that was 5-10 minutes of the game followed by a reset... horrid...

then the 2mb patch came out and we'd already stopped using Live... no release notes on it anywhere, so we can only assume they tried repairing that... we've been in a party a few times since the patch, one of our members froze once during this time... no where near as bad as it was pre-patch...

between the time of the patch and discovering the Live issue (with no thanks from EA, I might add... ) we had little to no problems with the game... of course, at this time we only had 4 members... I was on constantly, the other three were about 2-4 hours a day... a couple server problems, but other than that smooth sailing...

that 21st member changed it all... well, I can't say for sure that was what did it, but I do know we ran near flawlessly between the four of us for 5 weeks until the day the 21st member joined... now several of our members are getting a box brick once or twice an hour if I had to estimate...

unfortunately, so few people are reporting issues that it will be fairly easy for EA to ignore this one... if they aren't already...
Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
we only have 4 members & experience the same issue.

i'm convinced if it isn't a sports division game, EA doesn't give two shits about fixing it.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote