Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fable 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I can't stand this game can anyone else ?

6 hours wasted. The game told me to make hard decisions I did then everyone hated me its been two months and i CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO PLAY THIS AGAIN. I deleted everything about Fable 3 on my save HD file.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Aluminum Cook

Aluminum Cook's Gamercard
It's not about being liked / hated, it's all about $$$

Not that it matters (since you've deleted the game from your hard drive), but it doesn't matter if everyone hates you. The only thing that matters, as far as the "Tough Love" achievement goes, is that you have 6.5 million gold in your treasury on the 1 year anniversary of your rule. You can do the good guy or bad guy play through and you can make any decision you want when it comes to the judgements... as long as there is enough gold in the treasury then you will save the maximum number of people in the world.

They can hate you or love you, it makes no difference as far as the achievements go.

Retail: 17 Including: Alan Wake, Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Fable 2 & 3, Prince of Persia & PoP: The Forgotten Sands, Red Dead Redemption, Soul Calibur 4 & 5, Tales of Vesperia

Arcade: 23 Including: 1 vs. 100, Alien Hominid, Bastion, Carcassone, Castle Crashers, MtG: DotP & MTG: DotP 2012, Plants vs. Zombies, Portal, Trials Evolution
Aluminum Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
6 hours wasted. The game told me to make hard decisions I did then everyone hated me its been two months and i CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO PLAY THIS AGAIN. I deleted everything about Fable 3 on my save HD file.
I did that with Fable 2...only to come across the GOTY later on. I had to beat the game again to play the second DLC.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Fable 2 & 3 are two of my favorite games but no one's going to like the same stuff. Like you completed Fallout 3. I feel the same about it, as you do Fable 3. See..we all like different stuff. It's only natural. No big deal.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Fable 2 is my favourite game ever. Fable 3 blows. Nuff said.

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #6
JRS LUSH

JRS LUSH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
I did that with Fable 2...only to come across the GOTY later on. I had to beat the game again to play the second DLC.
That's harsh
JRS LUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 AM   #7
JRS LUSH

JRS LUSH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Fable 2 was, in fact, superior to Fable 3 in almost every conceivable way. I love how Molyneux kept touting the "touch" function....talk about a fail.
JRS LUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #8
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Obviously, nobody in this thread played Fable 1, except for myself...

The series has been on the downhill slope since the first installment (which was actually an amazing game). I actually have a copy of Fable 3 here that a friend let me borrow, and I can't bring myself to play it. I've spent maybe two or three hours on it and it just feels bad, man.

Luckily, he doesn't care that I still have it here after almost three months, because he doesn't like it much either. lol

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #9
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
The series has been on the downhill slope since the first installment (which was actually an amazing game).
This about sums it up for me.

I have played all 3, but have become more and more cynical towards the franchise/series upon each new one's release. Man, getting all nostalgic thinking about the magic of the first one......

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKRAIZEEMANx View Post
This about sums it up for me.

I have played all 3, but have become more and more cynical towards the franchise/series upon each new one's release. Man, getting all nostalgic thinking about the magic of the first one......
You know, I think I miss actual armor the most from the first game. I played the big, evil, armored dude that ran around beating down people with a sword, while munching on Crunchy Chicks between murders.

Good times.... good times.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
xBfmVxSteveNxx

TheHero of Tim3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Being quite honest, i love Fable. I have ever since the first one on original Xbox, Fable III is by far the best one. Some may disagree, but looking back on 1 and 2. Three's a vast improvement. If there's a fourth, it's getting bought
xBfmVxSteveNxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Obviously, nobody in this thread played Fable 1, except for myself...

The series has been on the downhill slope since the first installment (which was actually an amazing game). I actually have a copy of Fable 3 here that a friend let me borrow, and I can't bring myself to play it. I've spent maybe two or three hours on it and it just feels bad, man.

Luckily, he doesn't care that I still have it here after almost three months, because he doesn't like it much either. lol
I can say I haven't. My mates are always saying how these fables are terrible compared to the first one. Luckily I can't compare them to it. I thought II was alright. Same with III. Nothing great. I like more options in my games as opposed to just this is good and this is bad. I think one of my friends borrowed a copy of Fable III but refuses to play it due to Fable II Are we getting another installment now that Molyneux has gone to talk nonsense elsewhere?

DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #13
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

It'll never be like the first one again, unless of course they HD re-release it for some reason. It was probably the only Fable I played form start to finish 16 times. Mostly good, some evil, my favourite evil playthrough being an evil bugger with a chicken hat on, flipping off ladies and throwing up everywhere. It was just so much fun with excellent combat, hoarding, the legendary frying pan, everything. Of course you could beat the game using 1 of 2 spells, but it was still a choice which at the beginning actually had a small effect on the game.

Fable 2 was good, but it wasn't great. Everything new they tried to add was terrible, but what it never changed felt just right. It also has the most interesting DLC and the way it handled all the fun little gestures was good. There were parts where it sucked but it was still great to play. Of course the co-op wasn't bad, it was a start it just always made the henchman feel underpowered using low tier weapons, even with high stats. Magic was the only thing which worked. Adding the dog was a cute novelty.

I really dislike Fable 3 so much, there's just nothing left of what I loved. The menus aren't menus, hoarding all the food isn't possible any more, automatic health regeneration, the new magic system, micro DLC, mediocre gameplay, boring story and the god awful way of socalising with every NPC 1 by 1 was just a few things I dislike, yet I just can't bring myself to playing that game any more. It's just too much like hard work. I just don't like it, at all. It's just slower, the moral choices seem to be bleak and have no effect and the whole kingmaker thing gets redundant when you have enough gold to make the world pretty and save everyone.

tl;dr Fable 1 > Fable 2 > Fable 3

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #14
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

I'm in the minority here.... I liked Fable 3 more than Fable 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #15
xBenR

xBenR's Gamercard
How is fable 2 better than 3, I just bought fable 2 as I have never played any of the fables, and it's pretty good so far, but just wondering why fable 3 would be worse?
Old 07-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
SallyCaboose

sally caboose's Gamercard
There was something extra-special about the Rage Quit for Fable III. I loved Fable, but I haven't finished III. I don't even know why, other than I quit playing games hardcore for a couple of years.
SallyCaboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #17
xBfmVxSteveNxx

TheHero of Tim3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
If you haven't played Fable III, i really recommend it. It's by far the best, other than Fable 1 of course. But Fable III is godly compared to two...
Old 08-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
SxR Leadership

SxR Revolution's Gamercard
I liked Fable 2, it was my first game on xbox. However, Fable 3 wasn't that good in my opinion. If it's true that they're getting worse and worse, what will the next one be like I wonder -_-
SxR Leadership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #19
MoOOose

Mo00ose's Gamercard
I dont know if it was the huge amount of glitches, lag spikes every other minute, boring combat / story, incredibly annoying collectable list, or the in game map that is scaled horribly and not the least bit helpful..... that makes me HATE this game. Can not wait to be finished it
MoOOose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Changed my mind. I hate this game. My wife and child have disappeared, despite still registering as current. So I blamed the nanny and took her for a stroll in Silverpine forests. Balverines appeared out of no where. It all happened so fast. I couldn't react. Then went on a murderous rampage in Bowerstone. If I can't be happy no one can! Then found my child in the orphanage... still registering for my child yet up for adoption asking me "when can we go home daddy?". Funny old world.

DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #21
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBfmVxSteveNxx View Post
If you haven't played Fable III, i really recommend it. It's by far the best, other than Fable 1 of course. But Fable III is godly compared to two...
Thank you someone agrees with me! Yay!!

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Any game that allows you to kick chickens is ok in my book. Enough said.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #23
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I liked fable 2 but 3 feels stripped down even more. Customization is gone, the fact I have to give them money for clothes is BS. And the co-op restrictions is stupid because you have to have the EXACT same DLC (clothes, weapons, expansions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Something about a million psychotic ninja women who resemble snakes attacking me turns me on I guess.

Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #24
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post
I liked fable 2 but 3 feels stripped down even more. Customization is gone, the fact I have to give them money for clothes is BS. And the co-op restrictions is stupid because you have to have the EXACT same DLC (clothes, weapons, expansions)

Yeah I know. I like Fable 2 better cause, better story choices, feels like an actual RPG not a mediocre Action game. Better Co op experiance. Just everything. The side quests were way better then the generic fetch missions in 3.

I am the prince why should i have to work for $. Why didnt i have the option to steal Logans $ when leaving.

Does no one notice im the Prince or are they blind when they give me a job making pies.

I did another playthrough since last year as a good guy...again this time I
made ALL good choices as the king like I orginally wanted to. Everyone loved me it was pretty fun then I accidently started the last mission and in the end everyone was gone,excepet my 2 wifes and children. Only good thing was $ still came in on my income and I got ''Magnate personality'' not even worth that playthrough. I said

FUCK THIS GAME NEVER AGAIN WILL I PLAY THIS. I'm at 555 GS and
I'm cutting my damn losses. I dont care about this game anymore. I'm selling it.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote