PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Bloodforge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #31
Jazza Barnard

Jazza Barnard's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki Kitsune View Post
I was thinking that about the blood too. I played "The Chase" level with blood duel on so I could see where a friend had gotten S ranks, I did get hit once but had more blood than him and it still only gave an A rank when he had an S. So it must be something like requiring a higher combo to gain the blood as I've noticed the hammer gives more blood per hit but the combo suffers. Maybe using the Claws/Crossbow would improve the chances of getting an S rank.
If you go into the Battle Skills menu it will tell you how much Power you get out of each combo. If I remember correctly, mashing Y with the best claws is the best Power farmer there is

| XBL: Jazza Barnard | Steam: SecretNinjaGuy |

Jazza Barnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #32
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yes, you need a high as hell combo for S rank. where can i find 3 big guys?... i know its one of the later levels. but all you have to do is try not to get hit during three encounters with them. and spam the arrows from a distance. i tested it.... to bad the challenges dont give you ranks. i would have had the achievement already. my issue is finding 3 one by one.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #33
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
S ranks aren't based on combos, just how much damage you did/didn't take and how many of the enemies you executed w/ Y. I updated my guide w/ the full description but I promise you it has nothing to do with combos since i've gone well over 300+ hit combos and didn't get an S rank any of those times.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:07 AM   #34
Shredtohell

ShredToHell's Gamercard
Best bet I would say is get all your upgrade or max out your snakes. I used them on a big group and got an S ranking. Got 2 S rankings and ran out of power to call them on the 3rd. Forgot I could use the ruins to get the power back up, lol.
Shredtohell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #35
bloodforge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
S ranks aren't based on combos, just how much damage you did/didn't take and how many of the enemies you executed w/ Y. I updated my guide w/ the full description but I promise you it has nothing to do with combos since i've gone well over 300+ hit combos and didn't get an S rank any of those times.
I think you're wrong, I managed to get S in every single battle of the penultimate level (where you chase Morrigan). Plus, executions are not really necessary.
To get a S rank you need to:
1. Build a great combo so the points of blood surpass 1000 units (or more): when you get hit you lose most of these points, that's the reason why you don't get an S.
2. Never get hit.
3. Execute all enemies to get more points.

Here's what to do (at least it worked for me).
When you begin a ranked battle start to work on chains of combo in order to increase the points (the numbers on the left of the screen) so to reach 1000, 1200+. If you get hit you lose most of these points and you won't be able to get S. If this happens go back to the main menu and then select "Continue" to try again.
Executions are not necessary but it's better to do them as much as you can cause they grants you more points, and sometimes it's the only way to surpass the limit (which I still think is 1000+). Unfortunately it can happen that you are too far from your enemy, and while running to him to kill it the chain will reset. Try to be next to them so to kill 'em quickly.
Again, if you get hit or lose the chain, don't finish the battle or you won't be able to retry: you won't get an S, so just restart - you'll begin at the last checkpoint, usually just before the battle.
The most easy part to try for this achievement is the punultimate level (where you chase the crow): there are tons of battle and lots of enemies for high scores.
Of course, the chain will stop when you kill the first wave and you have to wait for the second one: in this case it's ok, go on and do the same thing with the second and following waves.

EDIT: Yes, I confirm. I just tried on the first battle of the first level, four waves: 1145, 1116, 1127, 1035 and got S. No hit, no chain stop, all enemies executed.

Last edited by bloodforge; 04-28-2012 at 07:14 AM.
bloodforge is offline   Reply With Quote